• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riton 7 conquer

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
So I'm setting aside money for an optic. Found a good deal on a Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56, but also found a very good deal on a Riton 7 conquer 4-32x56. Obviously the steiner probably has better glass. The Riton is out of stock, but looking at the Riton website, the new 7 conquer scopes are still preorder. For when i decide to make the jump, how much better would the steiner be over the Riton or is it even close?

Reactions: bman940
You'll be sorry if you buy the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 or any of their other JOL clones IE Apex Rival and Blackhound Emerge. BTW they were just recently on sale for $649.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist. Do a search you will find reports of them being unreliable including their replacements under warranty. They seem to be the China of Japan or assembled in Japan with Chinese parts just to get the made in Japan label. Glass may seem pretty good but everything else is not so reliable. I don't have any good comments regarding Riton and Blackhound also who is now owned by Riton. They started off as stating their scopes were made in the USA just like how Arken did. What's really interesting is they have ridiculously cheap sale prices from time to time proving how overpriced their scopes really are and JLO Japan Optical is a brand I personally try to avoid. They're not good quality not even close compared to LOW. I've seen JLO made scopes sell as cheap as $175 for 5-25x50 scopes with MSRP of $999.99. Nice glass and okay for 22 rimfire but not for anything with significant recoil. I've also seen Chinese Riton x3 with $699 MSRP selling for $100 - $125. Very cheap and low quality worse than Arken.

Last edited:
Reactions: P47rr and Fig
Steiner and Zeiss and Nightforce only have a 2 or 3 year warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles or red dots etc. so something to keep in mind if you're buying that brand with any type of electronics in it.

Reactions: P47rr
Steiner and Zeiss and Nightforce only have a 2 or 3 year warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles or red dots etc. so something to keep in mind if you're buying that brand with any type of electronics in it.
Yeah. Luckily, those are all good brands and hopefully you don’t need to use the warranty, but it’s always nice to have something just in case when Murphy’s Law decides to rear his ugly head.

Yeah. Luckily, those are all good brands and hopefully you don’t need to use the warranty, but it’s always nice to have something just in case when Murphy’s Law decides to rear his ugly head.
I stated their limited electronics warranty due to the fact that all electronics will and do go bad. Even Leupold admitted this fact. Fortunately Leupold lifetime warranty also covers electronics in their scopes but not their rangefinders which are only 2 years and longest their electronics lasted in one of their customer returned scope was 10 years based on a recent conversation with one of their warranty techs at Leupold and was told typical it's a just few years.

• Wow
Reactions: PRSDietitian
I stated their limited electronics warranty due to the fact that all electronics will and do go bad. Even Leupold admitted this fact. Fortunately Leupold lifetime warranty also covers electronics in their scopes but not their rangefinders which are only 2 years and longest their electronics lasted in one of their customer returned scope was 10 years based on a recent conversation with one of their warranty techs at Leupold and was told typical it's a just few years.
I wonder if that's in general or with consistent use? because I dont use the illumination very often

I wonder if that's in general or with consistent use? because I dont use the illumination very often
Doesn't matter constant use or little use. Electronic components corrode and disintegrate plus subject to outdoor elements humidity moisture etc you use them outside not indoors in an air conditioned environment which would be ideal conditions to keep electronics lasting for a lot longer.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
I haven't had any issues with my 2 Riton riflescopes. I have been quite impressed with the quality features and glass you get from them. I have had zero issues with tracking, and a box test dropped me right back at my zero. I take care of my optics but do not baby them by any means. The 7 Conquer has all the features I appreciate in a bean field coyote scope. Easy to dial in my distances or use Strelok Pro for fast and accurate bullet drops. I did a lot of web searching before pulling the trigger on my Riton scopes and suggest you do as well. I found that on the occasional time warranty work was needed, the customer had no problems getting through to Riton and getting the help they needed. I know a few bigger optics companies that can't say that. If you get a chance to physically get one into your hands, I think you will become a fan of the 7 Conquer, that's all it took for me. I already have my eye on the Riton 5 Tactix 1-10x24 for my SBR and competition carbine. Daylight bright red dot, gotta love that!

Another thread with this wrong info being passed as fact. The Zeiss LRP has a 5 year on electronics. None of those have 2 years.

Another thread with this wrong info being passed as fact. The Zeiss LRP has a 5 year on electronics. None of those have 2 years.
Thanks for the correction. Apologies for the incorrect info I posted. Got mixed up with some of their binoculars warranty.

Reactions: Rob01
I just put a 7 Conquer 3-24X50 on my Bergara, and I have no complaints. I know I'll get heat for saying that, but I got mine for a great price and figured, what the heck. I like the oversized turrets for use with gloves, and the clicks are easy to count. The glass appears clear through all magnifications. I bought 2 1 PRimal 4-12X50s for 10/22s, and again, zero complaints. I have no experience with their warranty, but I'd check in and see if something could be corrected if I had an issue.

Reactions: larryh128
I just put a 7 Conquer 3-24X50 on my Bergara, and I have no complaints. I know I'll get heat for saying that, but I got mine for a great price and figured, what the heck. I like the oversized turrets for use with gloves, and the clicks are easy to count. The glass appears clear through all magnifications. I bought 2 1 PRimal 4-12X50s for 10/22s, and again, zero complaints. I have no experience with their warranty, but I'd check in and see if something could be corrected if I had an issue.
I don’t think there’s any reason for you to get heat for that. But it sounds like it’s a roll of the dice with them.

I would love to try the Riton tactix 5 1-10 with that reticle for the prices I see them at for a 16” spr. If it has decent glass, reliable, and ok eyebox. I don’t know that I want to drop 2500 on a viper 1-10 and find out I still dislike 1-10 lpvo’s. I just keep hearing folks bash them that appreciate a forgiving scope. But I’ve about decided on a good 2-10 or 2-12 compact Mpvo of some sort.

New to this so bare with me. I bought a rifle that already had this scope mounted to it. I was far more interested in the deal I got on the rifle, and not even concerned with a scope I had never heard of before. Everything seems to be in good condition but I figured I would do some Google detective work about the scope. So far I am seeing a lot of mixed statements. The fit and finish seem solid. It doesn’t have that super cheap knock off type of feel to it. The glass also seem nice and clear. I am a little confused about their 0-Stop contraption. Is this worth holding onto? Should I be looking to replace the scope? If not, is there anything I should be on the lookout for in regards to defects? First range day is coming up mid week so I appreciate your help and input.

You'll be sorry if you buy the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 or any of their other JOL clones IE Apex Rival and Blackhound Emerge. BTW they were just recently on sale for $649.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist. Do a search you will find reports of them being unreliable including their replacements under warranty. They seem to be the China of Japan or assembled in Japan with Chinese parts just to get the made in Japan label. Glass may seem pretty good but everything else is not so reliable. I don't have any good comments regarding Riton and Blackhound also who is now owned by Riton. They started off as stating their scopes were made in the USA just like how Arken did. What's really interesting is they have ridiculously cheap sale prices from time to time proving how overpriced their scopes really are and JLO Japan Optical is a brand I personally try to avoid. They're not good quality not even close compared to LOW. I've seen JLO made scopes sell as cheap as $175 for 5-25x50 scopes with MSRP of $999.99. Nice glass and okay for 22 rimfire but not for anything with significant recoil. I've also seen Chinese Riton x3 with $699 MSRP selling for $100 - $125. Very cheap and low quality worse than Arken.
“China of Japan” 🤣💀👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

So to get the made in Japan sticker all that needs to happen is for it to be assembled there?

Mine is fine other than the clarity. First clance looking through it seams ok. Especially at four power. Crank it up to fifteen power and it loses clarity. Adjust the parallax and it starts to clear up but not completely. At first I thought I could live with it. But it definitely gives me eye fatigue. Reminds me of a Arken SH4 that I use to own. Others had the same problem on line. And Riton warrantied theirs. But that was over a year ago. To many people sending them back. So the term good enough is how they look at clarity now. I’m sure if it starts to not track. Or reticle cants. Then you’re covered. I spent over a thousand dollars on this turd. I own two of their 3-18X50. That are great. Especially since I got them on sale for $499.95. And the clarity is great. Hopefully you have a good one.

Okay. Great info. Perhaps this is why the original owner didn’t really reflect the scope price in the asking price for the rifle. I will be sure to pay attention to the higher magnification clarity when I go out this week.

Okay. Great info. Perhaps this is why the original owner didn’t really reflect the scope price in the asking price for the rifle. I will be sure to pay attention to the higher magnification clarity when I go out this week.
Send it in after it fails and just wash your hands on the replacement there's bound to be an idiot to buy it for $800-$900 since they're still way too overpriced after the $649.99 sale ended. Just advertise thats it's made at the same Japanese factory as the APEX RIVAL.

Just keep cranking the turret up and down up and down the zero stop is bound to fail and lose zero and same with the side focus parallax, one day you won't be able to get it to focus properly.

Reactions: Patches_Ohoulihan
Send it in after it fails and just wash your hands on the replacement there's bound to be an idiot to buy it for $800-$900 since they're still way too overpriced after the $649.99 sale ended. Just advertise thats it's made at the same Japanese factory as the APEX RIVAL.

Just keep cranking the turret up and down up and down the zero stop is bound to fail and lose zero and same with the side focus parallax, one day you won't be able to get it to focus properly.
Thank you for the advice. Like I said prior I am new to this type of optic and shooting so I don’t really have a point of reference for factory names or other brands. I would say my depth of using a rifle with an optic is a Trijicon ACOG. I had been out with a buddy and shot his .300WM which he already has dialed in. It was a good enough time that I started shopping around an snagged a rifle that happened to have this scope. Is there something you would recommend in general? I know a lot of that may come down to personal preference, but I will take all the input I can get.

I'd recommend the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 such as the demo models sold at EuroOptic and Scopelist for $799 or buy them whenever Sportsman's have them on sale for $849. I'd also recommend buying the optional Meopta 56mm sunshade for it and a decent set of flip up lens covers at least Butler Creeks or better. I'd also recommend buying the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 if you have someone either a friend or relative in law enforcement or military or first responders buy it for you with their special discount for around the $1000 range at Expert Voice and also buy the optional Athlon Cronus specific sunshade and a decent set of flip up lens covers. Then buy a set of 34mm Burris Signature XTR rings (usually $70-80 on sale when doing a search). Actually law enforcement and military and first responders get special pricing at places such as EuroOptic and Scopelist and Expert Voice if they buy it for you it's incredibly cheap compared to a regular customer pays almost half price.

never used either. I'm fairly green when it comes to optics
Same. I am learning as I go. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I am enjoying the shots that people take at one brand or another. I just don’t have a full understanding of some of them yet. I look forward to being able to understand all of the trash talk though. 🤣😂🤣

Reactions: JS8588
Same. I am learning as I go. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I am enjoying the shots that people take at one brand or another. I just don’t have a full understanding of some of them yet. I look forward to being able to understand all of the trash talk though. 🤣😂🤣
I am very financially oriented so if i can get 90% the performance for 80% the price, i'll do it! Thats kinda why i ended up getting the new Tract 4-25x50

To those honest shooters admitting they are "fairly green" ✅ when it comes to optics
here's one more tool to get up to speed: 👍🏼

➠ An overview of the specs of 200+ scopes in the price range from about $200 to $2000.

➠ These are 3 Scope Specs Tables — separated by magnification ranges:
𖦏 Table 1: 6-24x | 5-25x | 4-24x | 5-30x | 5-50x
𖦏 Table 2: 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x
𖦏 Table 3: 3-12x | 3-9x | SHORT scopes

➠ Separated by FFP and SFP.

➠ Full specs, incl.:
• Price: MRSP and street price
• Warranty type
• Weight + length

• Max. elevation adjustment
• Minimum parallax — they all have 10-15 yards

• Turrets: mil or moa? | zero-stop? | clicks per revolution? | revolution counter? | lockable?

• Reticle: mil or moa? | grid (Christmas tree)? | line thickness? | center dot? | numbers?

• Field of View
• Exit pupil

😆 Before rotten tomatoes fly in my direction for not including your favorite scope, or a "standard of the industry" scope:
To be included in these Specs Tables I require:

• 10y or 15y minimum parallax
• Exposed elevation turret (a few have capped windage)
• Side parallax (few exceptions with AO)
• Holdoff reticle (no plain or BDC)

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachments:

𖦏 Table 1:
6-24x | 5-25x | 4-24x | 5-30x | 5-50x

Attachments

• -SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf
    355 KB · Views: 179
  • -SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf
    303.4 KB · Views: 39
  • -SCOPE Specs Table. For SHORT Scopes -and- 3-12x (3-9x) Scopes.pdf
    241.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
To those honest shooter admitting they are "fairly green" ✅ when it comes to optics

➠ An overview of the specs of 200+ scopes in the price range from about $200 to $2000.

➠ These are 3 Scope Specs Tables are separated by magnification ranges:

➠ Full specs, incl.:
• Warranty type
• Weight + length

• Turrets: mil or moa? | zero-stop? | clicks per revolution? | revolution counter? | lockable?

• Reticle: mil or moa? | grid (Christmas tree)? | line thickness? | center dot? | numbers?

• Field of View
• Exit pupil

😆 Before rotten tomatoes fly in my direction for not including your favorite scope, or a "standard of the industry" scope:

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachments:

𖦏 Table 1:

Cheers, brother! Much appreciated!

To those honest shooter admitting they are "fairly green" ✅ when it comes to optics

➠ These are 3 Scope Specs Tables are separated by magnification ranges:

➠ Full specs, incl.:
• Warranty type
• Weight + length

• Field of View
• Exit pupil

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachments:

𖦏 Table 1:

This is great! Thank you for the info.

There's always this guy:

You'll be sorry if you buy the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 or any of their other JOL clones IE Apex Rival and Blackhound Emerge. BTW they were just recently on sale for $649.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist. Do a search you will find reports of them being unreliable including their replacements under warranty. They seem to be the China of Japan or assembled in Japan with Chinese parts just to get the made in Japan label. Glass may seem pretty good but everything else is not so reliable. I don't have any good comments regarding Riton and Blackhound also who is now owned by Riton. They started off as stating their scopes were made in the USA just like how Arken did. What's really interesting is they have ridiculously cheap sale prices from time to time proving how overpriced their scopes really are and JLO Japan Optical is a brand I personally try to avoid. They're not good quality not even close compared to LOW. I've seen JLO made scopes sell as cheap as $175 for 5-25x50 scopes with MSRP of $999.99. Nice glass and okay for 22 rimfire but not for anything with significant recoil. I've also seen Chinese Riton x3 with $699 MSRP selling for $100 - $125. Very cheap and low quality worse than Arken
There's always this guy:

There's always this guy:

This was a great review.

I'd sure like to see a long term followup review and wonder if he's using it on a regular basis like how normal shooters would. Also wonder if he paid for it regular price or how everyone else pays whenever on sale with his own money or got it for free to do the review.

I trust that Frank would not allow his opinion to be swayed by anything other than the inherent quality (or lack thereof) of the product.

Last edited:
That's the truth.
While I don’t know the person in the video to say that I would trust him it does come across as an honest and unbiased review. Not all sunshine and rainbows but definitely overall a positive review. The opportunities he pointed out don’t really factor in for me yet. I didn’t notice excessive tightness on my magnifying ring, but then again I don’t really have a lot to compare it to. For me it is just a new function to get accustomed to using and in general I feel I am just awkward at it. 😂 Mine doesn’t have a lever though. With it being secondhand I wonder if the previous owner intentionally removed it, or possibly just lost it? I see the hole where it attaches. Is this something that I can buy? Are there aftermarket ones that anybody recommends? I’m guessing having this lever helps with moving that ring. Maybe I will be less awkward with it?

I’ve made a few more trips out to the range and I’m really enjoying it so far. The rifle shoots great and this scope has been awesome too. Both seem to work great. There is just one issue that continues to present itself. Ammo cost. 🤦🏾‍♂️ If anyone has suggestions on ammo sources please share.

While I don’t know the person in the video to say that I would trust him it does come across as an honest and unbiased review. Not all sunshine and rainbows but definitely overall a positive review. The opportunities he pointed out don’t really factor in for me yet. I didn’t notice excessive tightness on my magnifying ring, but then again I don’t really have a lot to compare it to. For me it is just a new function to get accustomed to using and in general I feel I am just awkward at it. 😂 Mine doesn’t have a lever though. With it being secondhand I wonder if the previous owner intentionally removed it, or possibly just lost it? I see the hole where it attaches. Is this something that I can buy? Are there aftermarket ones that anybody recommends? I’m guessing having this lever helps with moving that ring. Maybe I will be less awkward with it?

I’ve made a few more trips out to the range and I’m really enjoying it so far. The rifle shoots great and this scope has been awesome too. Both seem to work great. There is just one issue that continues to present itself. Ammo cost. 🤦🏾‍♂️ If anyone has suggestions on ammo sources please share.
Folks, including me, use these for inexpensive, fully adjustable throw levers.

Save your brass, learn to reload.

Folks, including me, use these for inexpensive, fully adjustable throw levers.

Save your brass, learn to reload.

Awesome! Thanks for the link! I will give that a try for sure.

I’ve been curious about reloading. That would be another new, and valuable, skill to learn. Is the start up cost a heavy one?

Awesome! Thanks for the link! I will give that a try for sure.

I’ve been curious about reloading. That would be another new, and valuable, skill to learn. Is the start up cost a heavy one?
depends on the quipment you buy. But a couple of hundred will get you started.
This set up will load match grade ammo for a long time. If you find it isn't for you, then you haven't lost a ton of money.
The Lee safety scale, when used properly, works VERY well, for some reason, they never seem include instructions.
The collet neck sizing die is excellent.

This kit:
And a die set like this (not sure of your cartridge):

While I don’t know the person in the video to say that I would trust him it does come across as an honest and unbiased review.
Frank is Lowlight. Otherwise known as the founder and owner of the Hide. You don't need to know him personally to trust him. Evidence of his trustworthiness is all over this site.

Mine is fine other than the clarity. First clance looking through it seams ok. Especially at four power. Crank it up to fifteen power and it loses clarity. Adjust the parallax and it starts to clear up but not completely. At first I thought I could live with it. But it definitely gives me eye fatigue. Reminds me of a Arken SH4 that I use to own. Others had the same problem on line. And Riton warrantied theirs. But that was over a year ago. To many people sending them back. So the term good enough is how they look at clarity now. I’m sure if it starts to not track. Or reticle cants. Then you’re covered. I spent over a thousand dollars on this turd. I own two of their 3-18X50. That are great. Especially since I got them on sale for $499.95. And the clarity is great. Hopefully you have a good one.
You should try one of the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 to compare side by side with that Riton 7 4-32x56. I think you're in for a very pleasant surprise especially for the current $565.49 sale prices at Walmart online and if you don't like it you have up to 90 days free returns and even return it to your local Walmart if you like. Totally risk free to try it out up to 3 whole months just like if not than even better than Midway USA. Good equity too since they sell for $869.99 everywhere else that's $300.00+ more and historically, Black Friday sale price is higher than this current sale price (approximately $670).

I bought several more of them Athlon Ares scopes after comparing the first one I bought side by side with my Nightforce NX8 4-32x56. I paid $700 apiece on sale and thought they were a good deal but now they're $565.49!!!

There's a lot of scopes from other brands I wouldn't have bought or kept had I known the Athlon Ares price was going to go down this low.

never used either. I'm fairly green when it comes to optics
Don't make any serious buying decisions based on sheer hype. Always try to do first hand side by side comparisons of various brands purchased from return friendly dealers preferably from dealers or places that offer FREE RETURNS.

Don't just go by specs because specs don't tell you the actual clarity of their glass compared to others nor do they state actual turret feel.

Always do research on Company brand and specifically customer complaints to see whether or not they might screw you over later when you need their warranty. They may state something in writing but doesn't mean they actually want to honor your warranty believe it or not.

If the reviews are nothing but positive find out if they were given free scopes to post a favorable review for the brand or if they actually paid for them out of pocket with their own money. I personally trust X-RING because he tells it as he personally feels including what he doesn't like about the scopes and optics. Nothing is perfect so I find it more believable from reviewers who have stated at least some dislikes which they included in their reviews.

If I were a paid reviewer who gotten free scopes and equipment to post a review on, I would feel pressured to give nothing but only positives to help the brand sell a lot so I can keep on getting totally free scopes and equipment from other brands because when they get wind I only tell the truth then no brand would ever want to send me free stuff again being counterproductive to their cause of sending free stuff to reviewers.

As a paying customer, who never received anything for free aside from winning a free T Shirt once from a drawing from a beverage company which I never shilled for nor never will, I place great scrutiny in everything I buy with my own money.

My recent disappointments were for the Japanese Tract Toric 4-20x50 and Chinese Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 which I really felt weren't worth their price of admission. The Tract Toric was good but not great (like the Element Nexus) and their 4.5-30x56 version of the Tract Toric is far superior even though it's from the same brand which in my case I kept the 4.5-30x56 and gotten rid of both of my 4-20x50s and in fact the much cheaper Chinese Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with Chinese HD glass is IMHO a better scope than the $1294.00 4-20x50 Japanese Tract Toric with German Schott glass and better than the $1500.00 Element Nexus when compared side by side at 5-20x magnification.

I like to buy at least 5-10 different scopes at a time and compare them all side by side and return the ones that I feel are junk or not worth their price of admission to justify keeping them.

I got rid of both of my Tract Toric 4-20x50 after trying out my first Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 scope and comparing them side by side. It most definitely punches way above it's current sale price. It's also better and more reliable than the Filipino Vortex Viper PST G2.

I for one don't normally like to buy Chinese made products including scopes and usually buy Japanese LOW made or at least SWFA which are already proven to be reliable and had very bad luck with Vortex specially their made in China scopes but so far none of my Japan made Vortex failed yet. The Chinese made scopes and optics from Athlon is at least two levels up by comparison as long as you just stick with their Midas HD line and above. I have a pair of their cheaper lower model Athlon Argos 6-24x50 scopes without Athlon's HD glass which optically suck I'd say just as sucky as the Vortex Diamondback Tacticals I have.

Last edited:
Don't make any serious buying decisions based on sheer hype. Always try to do first hand side by side comparisons of various brands purchased from return friendly dealers preferably from dealers or places that offer FREE RETURNS.

Don't just go by specs because specs don't tell you the actual clarity of their glass compared to others nor do they state actual turret feel.

Always do research on Company brand and specifically customer complaints to see whether or not they might screw you over later when you need their warranty. They may state something in writing but doesn't mean they actually want to honor your warranty believe it or not.

If the reviews are nothing but positive find out if they were given free scopes to post a favorable review for the brand or if they actually paid for them out of pocket with their own money. I personally trust X-RING because he tells it as he personally feels including what he doesn't like about the scopes and optics. Nothing is perfect so I find it more believable from reviewers who have stated at least some dislikes which they included in their reviews.

If I were a paid reviewer who gotten free scopes and equipment to post a review on, I would feel pressured to give nothing but only positives to help the brand sell a lot so I can keep on getting totally free scopes and equipment from other brands because when they get wind I only tell the truth then no brand would ever want to send me free stuff again being counterproductive to their cause of sending free stuff to reviewers.

As a paying customer, who never received anything for free aside from winning a free T Shirt once from a drawing from a beverage company which I never shilled for nor never will, I place great scrutiny in everything I buy with my own money.

My recent disappointments were for the Japanese Tract Toric 4-20x50 and Chinese Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 which I really felt weren't worth their price of admission. The Tract Toric was good but not great (like the Element Nexus) and their 4.5-30x56 version of the Tract Toric is far superior even though it's from the same brand which in my case I kept the 4.5-30x56 and gotten rid of both of my 4-20x50s and in fact the much cheaper Chinese Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with Chinese HD glass is IMHO a better scope than the $1294.00 4-20x50 Japanese Tract Toric with German Schott glass and better than the $1500.00 Element Nexus when compared side by side at 5-20x magnification.

I like to buy at least 5-10 different scopes at a time and compare them all side by side and return the ones that I feel are junk or not worth their price of admission to justify keeping them.

I got rid of both of my Tract Toric 4-20x50 after trying out my first Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 scope and comparing them side by side. It most definitely punches way above it's current sale price. It's also better and more reliable than the Filipino Vortex Viper PST G2.

I for one don't normally like to buy Chinese made products including scopes and usually buy Japanese LOW made or at least SWFA which are already proven to be reliable and had very bad luck with Vortex specially their made in China scopes but so far none of my Japan made Vortex failed yet. The Chinese made scopes and optics from Athlon is at least two levels up by comparison as long as you just stick with their Midas HD line and above. I have a pair of their cheaper lower model Athlon Argos 6-24x50 scopes without Athlon's HD glass which optically suck I'd say just as sucky as the Vortex Diamondback Tacticals I have.
I would really like to try the new Tract 4-25x50. looks very promising

Reactions: Scopeye
I would really like to try the new Tract 4-25x50. looks very promising
Tract has a money back guarantee if you're not happy with it but I think it's less shipping fees.

I thought both of my Japan made 4-20x50 Tract Toric scopes were okay but not fantastic right until I compared the optical clarity to my Japan made Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 then the much cheaper Chinese Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 ($565.49 currently on sale at Walmart online with free shipping and free returns).

I suggest buying the Athlon Ares BTR G2 on sale sokce it's got free shipping and free returns and also the Tract Toric 4-25x50 at the same time and if you're LE/Military even have a relative or household member qualify (I already asked and got confirmation that it's fine) you get 15% off so for around $1275. Return the one you feel wasn't worth paying $565.49 or $1275 for after comparing both of them side by side. Just that simple.

I gotten rid of both my Tract Toric 4-20x50s after comparing them to the first Athlon Ares BTR and bought even more of the Athlon Ares but paid $700 apiece on sale not the current cheaper $565.49 price. I still kind of feel sick about it. Still, it's been selling for $869.99 typical street price through all other dealers and has an MSRP $1087.49 based on Athlon's website. There's absolutely nothing in the sub $800 price point sold by any other brands that can beat it except for the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 $799.99 demo sale at EuroOptic and Scopelist which is actually a $1299.99 scope.

If you're actually needing a 4x at the low end and 160MOAs of total elevation travel them the Tract Toric would be my recommendation but if a 5x on the low end with 110MOAs elevation is enough and you don't mind the weight 37oz (hell the Tract is 39oz) I'd go for the Meopta for $799 if you really don't like buying Chinese (Athlon Ares BTR G2 27.3oz).