• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Robert Gradous

Rest In Peace Robert. It wasn't just my tack drivers you built for me it was the long phone calls discussing rifles and agriculture. You were a world of knowledge! Best to your family. My Grandsons will be shooting your builds my friend!

Reactions: Daniel.civi.308
When I was talking to different gunsmiths for a build a few years ago, I came across Robert's work. I called him up and we talked rifles for close to an hour. In the end, he told me, "I ain't fast, but I'll build you a damn good rifle." That did it right there. A few months later I went to pick it up, he took me out to lunch for fried chicken and then off to the shoot house to try it out. Right off the bench with a few generic brands of ammo that rifle was singing. That was one of the most fun days I've ever had shooting.

The .300WM he built me is unreal. I've never shot a rifle that accurate. RIP Robert.

I hate to be the ass hat that asks this question but has anyone with pending work or gear at the shop heard of a timeline for getting their stuff back...I feel horrible for asking...

I hate to be the ass hat that asks this question but has anyone with pending work or gear at the shop heard of a timeline for getting their stuff back...I feel horrible for asking...

Contact Joseph Gradous at [email protected]. He mailed back my barrel today that was awaiting service when Robert passed.

Was not sure where to post this but a shop i stumbled into today has a couple of really nice gradous rifles for sale. They are probally some of the last guns he built. Pm me for their info if intetested. Just thought i would share incase anyone has been looking for some of his builds.

Attachments

• 20210306_171217.jpg
    20210306_171217.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 20210306_171201.jpg
    20210306_171201.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 269
Remembering Robert today, all the work he did to several rifles. And time spent at his shop with him with thoses projects and looking at others rifles in the works. He was very friendly and sharing guy to anyone. I also remember when lunch came on one of thoses trips to his shop. He invited myself and another customer,whom come to pickup a new rifle build, to the local gas station/deli for some fried chicken. He said it's the best fried chicken around! I really miss him and being able to call him about anything at all. Great guy and a missed friend. Thoughts and prayers still for his family. Times with him will always remain some of my high points. Remembering you brother