• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Ruger MK77 MKII Target will not clear 56mm scope

300snipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2009
Northern Nevada, NV
Just a quick note for anyone that owns one of these guns and is thinking about putting a scope with a 56mm lens - the Super High Leupold rings will NOT allow the scope to clear the barrel by about 2-3mm. They just need to be a little bit higher. (yeah I know some people don't like leupy these days but I've been fine with all of their rings so far.)

Was going to mount a NF 8-32x56 benchrest model on this but it doesn't clear. Figured this might save someone else some hassle by posting. Rings must be taller than the super high ones. That is all, carry on.
smile.gif

Re: Ruger MK77 MKII Target will not clear 56mm scope

There are a few companies that offer a service where they take your M77 receiver and put a pic rail on it. Might be a good investment if you like the rifle and want to run bigger scopes.

Re: Ruger MK77 MKII Target will not clear 56mm scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few companies that offer a service where they take your M77 receiver and put a pic rail on it. Might be a good investment if you like the rifle and want to run bigger scopes. </div></div>

Not a bad idea but that gun is just for practice so I think I'll get by with one of the many good 50mm scopes out there. No big deal.
smile.gif