• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger PC Carbine 9mm, Anyone tried this?

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Kicking the idea around about entering some Club Combat Matches.

This (Ruger PC Carbine 9mm) would give me caliber/magazine commonality with my Ruger American Pistol Pro. Looks like a fun gun, nothing serious, I kinda like what I'm seeing vis-a-vis reviews, etc. They look to be retailing around $550 in the big stores. Just wondering what folks have to relate about their experiences with one.

After sorta sharing in my Buddy's issues entailed in building a 9mm AR, this just seems the easier route.

BTW, I bit on the Midway Independence 9mm aluminum cased ammo deal last year, and it's doing great for me in the RAP. Finding some online for $99/500.

Greg

I got one a couple of months ago. It has been to the range once. I swapped the Ruger mag adapter for the factory supplied glock mag conversion adapter. Ran thru approximately 250 rounds with zero issues. I used both factory glock and magpul glock mags. Ammo used was American Eagle 115 gr, Winchester NATO 115 gr, IMI Die Cut 115 gr. hollow point and Hornaday Critical Defense (124 gr?). The carbine converts from left hand bolt charging to right hand bolt charging in less than 5 minutes with factory included tools. Same for left hand mag release to right hand mag release. It is really easy to maneuver and a lot of fun to shoot.

I saw a review 'after 1000rd', and the only issue was stove-piping, solved by replacing the ejector with the identical item from the other included mag well adapter, and one FTF. Since I'd be getting the included two, plus a third mag well adapter for the RAP, I should have enough spare ejectors available.

The reviewer had switched the mag release to the right side since his handling technique resulted in an occasional unintended mag drop. I'd probably also go ahead and swap the op handle over to the left, so I wouldn't need to take my trigger hand off the grip to cycle out a dud.

In addition to the Independence aluminum ammo, I wonder about the IMI Die Cut; it's an HP and that ought to count for something. Do you have any doubts about it?

And thanks for your quick response.

Greg

PS, My serious runnin' gun is a Stag Mod 6 Lower, Luth AR MBA-1 Stock, and an AR Stoner 16" lightweight 1:7" Upper with SPARC II. Will be christening it soon, and will try both PPU 55FMJ and IMI 77 Razor Core; got a buncha both. Since I also have a lot of M-855, that may end up being the 'and now we all go to hell'-day ammo, and save the 77 for my 24" Bull Upper.

Last edited:
I only shot about 50 rounds of the IMI Die cut but the ruger had no issues. I like the IMI ammo overall. I have put probably 500 69 gr. and 700 77gr razor core thru various AR15's. Never any issues. The accuracy is more than acceptable.

I have that I have been using for USPSA PCC and Steel Shoots. Have over 3000 rounds through it and not one hick up...knock on wood.

I have Taccom race parts on it and a Volquartsen 10/22 trigger kit in it. 3 MOA Vortex Razor red dot mounted on the rear sight location.

Works well for what I am using it for. Being in CA it is a nice option as it is not all assaulty and does not qualify as an assault weapon...what ever that is.

He is my 50 year old as shooting a steel shoot with it.

I have Taccom race parts on it and a Volquartsen 10/22 trigger kit in it.

So it uses a standard 10/22 trigger pack? Thought that may be the case from a couple of videos but they didn't say and looked like it might be wider. I'm interested in one.

I have that I have been using for USPSA PCC and Steel Shoots. Have over 3000 rounds through it and not one hick up...knock on wood.

I have Taccom race parts on it and a Volquartsen 10/22 trigger kit in it. 3 MOA Vortex Razor red dot mounted on the rear sight location.

Works well for what I am using it for. Being in CA it is a nice option as it is not all assaulty and does not qualify as an assault weapon...what ever that is.

He is my 50 year old as shooting a steel shoot with it.

Nice shooting! I am from California also. Thought it would be a good idea to get a Ruger pcc do to the bullshit laws here.

Reactions: BgBmBoo
You have to use the 10/22 individual parts pack. Not the modular one. Takes all of about 10 mins to swap out parts. While it will never be as good as a good AR trigger, it is better than the factory trigger.

Wow, great info, guys. Thanks aplenty.

FYI, I am in SE AZ, and do my shooting at the Douglas, AZ Municipal Shooting Park. Things (so far...) are way different here. I bailed out from NY going on 2 1/2 years back.

Greg

Good to escape Greg. I am working on an exit strategy to get out of CA. I am in far northern Calif....the part that is burning up right now...and we are more conservative here, but unfortunately we are still part of CA.

I'm in San Luis County. Way to liberal. When my kids are out of school I'm gone.