• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision Rimfire

Talked to Ruger in Nc yesterday, long story short , they have one coming my way. Ruger customer service ROCKS! Extremely pleasant and very professional, customer and brand appear to be their focus. This was my first Ruger but now looking to grow the family.

I guess i will give them a call

Has anyone found a 0 moa mount ?
The 30 moa is great but i have rings that are 20 moa from other scopes

My Mueller 8-32x44 Side Focus would not zero at 50 yards...called Ruger CS and they sent out a free 0 MOA base about a week ago.

Reactions: mrt949
Great news i called them also it's on it's way

Ruger sucks. Not the10/22, no, that design is about as good as semi .22 can be, but go for Kidd parts. Or better yet, that custom thread on barrel and receiver (wish I had that!. My rifle has no Ruger parts and it's stellar, like a different rifle, a better one.. Spot on. Titan stock, Kidd action and parts. Just a dream and completely quiet. So the barrel may only be four or four and a half inches, but the 11.5 to 12 inch suppressor makes it almost totally silent. By far my most favorite rifle and it gets used more.

It's 1MOA or less; I get one ragged hole at 25M.

IMG_0837.JPG

Last edited:
yea it's about 1200 .00 dollars or more for the kid

the KID is out of my budget
i shoot stock rugers .

Last edited:
Got a rprimfire a few days ago. Been breaking it in and shot a few quick groups at 40 yards. Could cover them with a dime. Ammo was cci standard velocity. After all the bad comments about accuracy I was skeptical but I think this rifle has real potential.

Reactions: Hardpan
CCI SV. is all I shoot
It's not the gun for me is the jerk behind the trigger .
OH I received my 0 moa base

Got a rprimfire a few days ago. Been breaking it in and shot a few quick groups at 40 yards. Could cover them with a dime. Ammo was cci standard velocity. After all the bad comments about accuracy I was skeptical but I think this rifle has real potential.
I'm wondering how many of those complaining about the rifle's issues (including myself) have the earlier chassis revision. I contacted Ruger asking why there was an addendum to the rifle assembly instructions that warned not to torque the receiver screws beyond 30 inch pounds where the instructions say 35 inch pounds are needed. That is when I received an email response telling me that I had an older revision of the chassis. Long story short got an RMA and just shipped my rifle back to Ruger for inspection and rework.

Just shot a few different match type ammo selections and got great results from SK RIFLE MATCH. Several 5 shot groups under a half inch at 50 yards. Probably in the .3 to .4 region but all could be covered with a dime. I've got about 400 total rounds through the gun. Continuing to clean pretty often until I break that 1k mark. I know there are differing opinions on this but that's just what I like to do. Continues to look promising. Also called green mountain and ordered a barrel on Friday. They said 2 weeks.

Just shot a few different match type ammo selections and got great results from SK RIFLE MATCH. Several 5 shot groups under a half inch at 50 yards. Probably in the .3 to .4 region but all could be covered with a dime. I've got about 400 total rounds through the gun. Continuing to clean pretty often until I break that 1k mark. I know there are differing opinions on this but that's just what I like to do. Continues to look promising. Also called green mountain and ordered a barrel on Friday. They said 2 weeks.
Which barrel length did you order I have their 20 inch fluted bull barrel on a custom Nordic Components 10/22 chassis that I just love.

20 inch non fluted non threaded

with the current factory setup it appears to group best without a suppressor

Reactions: n5wd
I think; 0n the positive side, Ruger magazines, good concept, aftermarket upgrades are sure to follow soon for barrels, stocks, triggers. On the down side, cheap flimsy stock, butt ugly and underimpressive accuracy. As for price, ehh... I just picked up a very clean used Rem. 513T that shoots one ragged hole at 50 yds w/ “peep” sights in the same price range. Just sayin.

UPDATE: testing has showed my rifle gets the best accuracy with the action screws torqued to 25in/lb. I currently have about 550 total rounds on the rifle. I just shot a box of federal ultramatch. Had 8 out of 10 5 shot groups under .5 inch. 4 of those were under .4 inch and 2 were under .350. This ammo has been the most consistent for me so far. So far the modifications done have been polishing up the bolt and trigger surfaces, cleaning up the crown, and doing the trigger spring mod. I have 100 rounds on the trigger spring mod and so far it's been excellent. I'm using an old 10 round magazine to feed from. Haven't had any function issues. At this point. I feel I've probably just about reached the accuracy limit of the current setup. For the money, I'm impressed. Happy with the purchase. Will update again after 1k rounds or if I get a change in accuracy. I do have a green mountain barrel preordered as well.

Got my RPR back with the THIRD barrel. I mentioned the problem of bullet strikes to my silencer as we as an odd "twang" sound with each shot fired. The documentation accompanying the rifle reflected a new barrel, rebluing????, but nothing at all about the odd sound upon firing. Took the rifle to the range yesterday and found the accuracy to be about the same as before (unexplained occassional flyers) with the thread protector on or off, but better with the silencer on. Still the odd sound upon firing. (A friend was at the range with his RPR and we traded bolts to see if we could isolate the odd sound to the bolt, but no luck as the sound went away in both rifles upon switching. Frustrated I took the bolt apart when I got home and cleaned it then relubed it and now the odd sound has gone.)

Sure glad I have my name on a replacement barrel from Green Mountain whenever they release their barrels!

First outing with my Ruger. Knock on wood no feed problems, no mag prob, no ejection issues. And it likes inexpensive ammo! Just put a mueller 8x25 on it can't wait till thurs.
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0496.JPG

About 40yd. Trying to beat some rain just wanted to put some rounds through. I was very happy considering all everyone else has dealt with. Trigger is nice right around 2 1/4#. Impressed with how nice it rides the front rest and rear bag. Thought the plastic piece bottom of stock would be a prob, just fits perfect. Got a real scope on now. Shot that target with vintage Lyman permacenter 6X no AO,

Go shooting I shoot at 1/5 nra swingers at 50,100,150 and 200 meters with mine .
ENJOY

UPDATE: testing has showed my rifle gets the best accuracy with the action screws torqued to 25in/lb. I currently have about 550 total rounds on the rifle. I just shot a box of federal ultramatch. Had 8 out of 10 5 shot groups under .5 inch. 4 of those were under .4 inch and 2 were under .350. This ammo has been the most consistent for me so far. So far the modifications done have been polishing up the bolt and trigger surfaces, cleaning up the crown, and doing the trigger spring mod. I have 100 rounds on the trigger spring mod and so far it's been excellent. I'm using an old 10 round magazine to feed from. Haven't had any function issues. At this point. I feel I've probably just about reached the accuracy limit of the current setup. For the money, I'm impressed. Happy with the purchase. Will update again after 1k rounds or if I get a change in accuracy. I do have a green mountain barrel preordered as well.

Going Sunday to try different torque settings myself. Found ammo it likes that chrono’d well so I’m going to try and it I can get the groups to tighten up a little bit more

Reactions: Roguebama
Going Sunday to try different torque settings myself. Found ammo it likes that chrono’d well so I’m going to try and it I can get the groups to tighten up a little bit more

* see if I can

Stupid phone

IMG_0497.JPG
Think mine likes Wolf Target Match. Looks like it's now being produced in the U.K. Instead of Germany

399.00 is going price plus tax and ffl charges .

Nice! What’s the distance? Number or rounds? Looking at getting one, but people’s accuracy reports have made me wary.

We were about 30yd didn't want to be in the sun. Hot here in SC. Feel pretty confident to expect the same groups at 50. My cz loves the wolf match target from the U.K. Better than the German loads. This Ruger appears to like it also. Think I will load up on it this weekend from grafs

Love my new mueller scope! Aim small miss small.

Attachments

• IMG_2312.JPG
    IMG_2312.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 134
FYI, called Ruger the other day to get my hands on the 0 moa base and the rep on the line stated that they only had a few left. Not sure if after that they will continue to support the 0 moa at no cost or not.... so if your looking to get in on this don't waste time.

here's my setup as of now. it has the 30moa base with a backwards AI 45moa mount! lol
Also did a trigger job, I'm at 13oz
I'll post pics of groups in a few

Last edited:
CCI standard has proven to be an excellent value between accuracy and price lately. @ $25 a brick it cant be beat.The target is comprised a of four 1" squares making a box 2" x 2" shot at 30 yards

Last edited:
At what distance did you get the groups under .500?

There is at least 6 guys I shoot with that have RPR's and we've all tested at least 6-8 different types of match ammo. Every rifle is in the 1.25 to 1.5moa area for accuracy at best. On average I'd say 1.5moa is about it. If any shot sub-moa then there would not be an interest in after market barrels. Accuracy and especially consistency is what makes the precision rifle world go round.
What Ammo are they getting their “tightest” grouping with?

What Ammo are they getting their “tightest” grouping with?

SK Rifle Match has been the best. SK Pistol Match is close. I can't even remember everything we tried, maybe 10 different brands and types. You just need to go through the numbers to find your own magic bullet.

Reactions: Roguebama
I wasn’t able to check what torque setting for the action screws my rig likes as I forgot the driver bit at home. I did shoot a nice 9 shot 2 inch group at 100 yards with federal auto match, the flyer made it 2.5 inches Prime was less than stellar. Prime SD’s were in the 30’s all day. Definitely not what I expected from prime. I always had 3 random flyers in a group of 10.

I have been shooting my RPR a lot trying to figure out what might allow my gun to shoot consistently. I've tried 6 different brands of know good ammo in this search: Eley Match, Eley Tennex, RWS R-50, Federal UltraMatch, SK Pistol Match, and Eley Pistol Match. All have the flyers.

I then went to the muzzle for a possible solution (remember this is the 3rd barrel Ruger has put on this gun). Read about the thread protector possible problem so I tested that and found groups did tighten up but still the occasional flyer.

Next I added my silencer and found it helped but still the occasional flyer.

Just wondering what would happen at 100 yards I put up a target and found the same problem with the thread protector on, but with the silencer my groups were as small or smaller that the groups I was getting at 50 yards. All 5 shot targets using Federal UM, RWS R-50, and Eley Match were under 1". NO IDEA WHY, DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? WITH GREEN MOUNTAIN DELAYING THE 16" AND 18" REPLACEMENT BARRELS I'M WONDERING ABOUT THE BARREL LENGTHS CAUSING A HARMONIC PROBLEM. The one thing I have not done is check the torque of the barrel nut to the action as I'm not equipped to do that properly.

After the match yesterday we put a gold ball sized swinger out at 100 yards for a $1 entry fee sudden death match. The wind had picked up a bit but we had wind flags. In the rotation I hit the gold ball my first 3 shots, missing my forth attempt due to misreading the wind. So the gun seems to be shooting pretty darn well at 100 yards, just not at 50 yards.

I'm hesitant to change anything at this point due to the accuracy at 100 yards.

I feel your pain. I've tried 15-35 ip torque settings, shimmed the action V-block .04" to level the contact with the trigger housing. Close to 2K rounds of CCI SV, CCI SS Segmented, and SK Std+ and it's mediocre at best. Though I did hit a 10" steel round at 297 yds 8 times in a row shooting SV and 10"/6"/3" round swingers at 200 yds were boring. My gun definitely groups best with my Axion suppressor.

The ejection on my gun is very weak compared to my RAR Target in .17HMR, which has a nearly identical bolt, extractor, and ejector. I've heard Ruger has re-engineered the RPR chassis, though the rep I talked to would share specific info pertaining to the redesign. I'm going to request one and see if they'll ship me one.

Considering the average performance of the Ruger Precision centerfire rifles and was hoping it would at least shoot like a decent CZ.

SK Rifle Match has been the best. SK Pistol Match is close. I can't even remember everything we tried, maybe 10 different brands and types. You just need to go through the numbers to find your own magic bullet.
Thank you for the feedback. I’m trying my best to shrink up my groups. I did figure out that I have to run a patch through my barrel in between my shots or my shots start “stepping” really badly at beyond 300 yards. I’ve been running a Vortex Viper Scope but am going to step up to a better Optic

I feel your pain. I've tried 15-35 ip torque settings, shimmed the action V-block .04" to level the contact with the trigger housing. Close to 2K rounds of CCI SV, CCI SS Segmented, and SK Std+ and it's mediocre at best. Though I did hit a 10" steel round at 297 yds 8 times in a row shooting SV and 10"/6"/3" round swingers at 200 yds were boring. My gun definitely groups best with my Axion suppressor.

The ejection on my gun is very weak compared to my RAR Target in .17HMR, which has a nearly identical bolt, extractor, and ejector. I've heard Ruger has re-engineered the RPR chassis, though the rep I talked to would share specific info pertaining to the redesign. I'm going to request one and see if they'll ship me one.

Considering the average performance of the Ruger Precision centerfire rifles and was hoping it would at least shoot like a decent CZ.

While it seems like a no brainier to ask for a replacement chassis (and less expensive) option for Ruger but they asked me to return the rifle to them. While they had it they swapped out my old chassis and added a new barrel nut to the equation. Dumped 60 rounds down range to test functionality. Finished up with a 3 round 3/4 MOA group at 50 yard target. The rifle came back with a chassis that feels stronger; but the hand guard is off center. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to straighten that out once the rifle is back from the Gunsmith's. Having a new Green Mountain 22" barrel installed. That 18" barrel just didn't look or shoot the way I wanted.

Really looking forward to a review of the green mountain barrel. I had one on back order and just got my email to order.

Reactions: Hardpan
While it seems like a no brainier to ask for a replacement chassis (and less expensive) option for Ruger but they asked me to return the rifle to them. While they had it they swapped out my old chassis and added a new barrel nut to the equation. Dumped 60 rounds down range to test functionality. Finished up with a 3 round 3/4 MOA group at 50 yard target. The rifle came back with a chassis that feels stronger; but the hand guard is off center. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to straighten that out once the rifle is back from the Gunsmith's. Having a new Green Mountain 22" barrel installed. That 18" barrel just didn't look or shoot the way I wanted.
I sent my RAR Target .17HMR back to them, I got back a rifle I wouldn't have bought off the shelf. I've pretty much lost all confidence in Ruger's ability to deliver a reasonable firearm. Quality control appears to happen when the end user reports issues and they issue a return call tag and you're without a rifle for two months and have no say in the course of resolution. Behind the scenes at Ruger it must be semi-chaotic.

I sent my RAR Target .17HMR back to them, I got back a rifle I wouldn't have bought off the shelf. I've pretty much lost all confidence in Ruger's ability to deliver a reasonable firearm. Quality control appears to happen when the end user reports issues and they issue a return call tag and you're without a rifle for two months and have no say in the course of resolution. Behind the scenes at Ruger it must be semi-chaotic.

In Ruger defense I sent the rifle in on a Wednesday and had it back on Friday of the following week. I can't fault their Customer Service; they were polite and helpful. I do agree however that it appears that QA has moved to the customer. Like most companies now a days they are playing the odds to save costs.

I give up on the Ruger "Precision" Rimfire until I can get a 18" Green Mountain barrel - just won't shoot well no mater what I throw at it.

I give up on the Ruger "Precision" Rimfire until I can get a 18" Green Mountain barrel - just won't shoot well no mater what I throw at it.
I have yet to see any bore scope images of an RPR barrel, if the machining quality is similar to the bolt machining that could explain the issue.

This is my RAR Target in .17HMR replacement gun bolt they returned to me.
i-ZHmP9cv-L.jpg

i-cJgZh4c-L.jpg

This is my RPR, it's better but IMO the machining indicates less than ideal speed, tooling, and fixturing practices.
i-cc83Xhr-L.jpg