• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B P4f or Premeir gen2 5-25...which scope?

Re: S&B P4f or Premeir gen2 5-25...which scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... nothing but positive experiences with Premier ...

</div></div>

+1, and especially Paul.

Paul, we have interacted on minor updates to my scopes and you have been a stand up guy and pleasant to deal with, I have no reason to doubt your word. Best of luck as things go forward.

Paul is one of the reasons Premier (or whatever label succeeds it) will unquestionably excel in the United States.

Have faith -- it is an exceptional brand with superior potential and Optronika invested in it.

I've been running the 3.5-15x and the 5-25x (Gen2 XR reticles) for a few years now, and have had nothing but good results with them. Even with all of the new offerings that have come out since then, if I bought another scope today, my preferred scope would still be another Premier Heritage.

I really hope they get things together soon and release that updated V8, and hopefully with a reticle similar to the Gen2 XR.

Regardless of what happens I'll never regret owning a Premier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schmidt,run one and you'll understand </div></div>They're great scopes but I could never bear settling for a 3-12 when NF, Premier and USO offer alternatives up to 15 or 17.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schmidt,run one and you'll understand </div></div>They're great scopes but I could never bear settling for a 3-12 when NF, Premier and USO offer alternatives up to 15 or 17. </div></div>

Huh, settling....what about 4-16, 5-25, soon to be 3-20 (maybe)?

Schmidt makes 5-25pmii. prob one of their most popular models

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all the stuff with the tracking problems on premier turned me off from them.... still dont have deep enough pockets to pay that much for a scope and possibly have to deal with problems </div></div>

Lowlight did freeze tests on the PR years ago. As a few mentioned above, his conclusion on tracking issues was user-error on not setting proper tension on the Leverlock. After he properly set it, he could not duplicate tracking issues... </div></div>

ahhh. i might have the issues confused, but i thought for sure they had problems of some kind with the turrets at one point and were giving out kits or you had to send back the scope to fix it? cant remember exact details. i just know it turned me off...having to drop that much $$$ on glass and then it have problems immediately.

I have a PMII P4F and love it.
My shooting buddy has a Premier Heritage, so I could check them side by side, even during night shoots. Both are great scopes, I would dare to say equals in optical quality. I like the pronounced clicks on half- and full mil values on the Premier.

Disregard the markings on the parallax knob, they are approximate values. As the scope dilates with changing temperature, the setting changes as well. But it is not the problem Lowlight mentioned.

Bottom line: go with the one you like better. Regarding the reticle, I think you just have to get used to the one you will be using - i.e. learn to use your gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schmidt,run one and you'll understand </div></div>They're great scopes but I could never bear settling for a 3-12 when NF, Premier and USO offer alternatives up to 15 or 17. </div></div>

Huh, settling....what about 4-16, 5-25, soon to be 3-20 (maybe)? </div></div> Having shot with fixed 2.5X and 4X scopes, 3-9s, a 5-20, a 2.5-10 and 3-15, the scopes I liked the least were the fixed 4X and the 5-20. In my experience, having shot more deer and elk in dense cover at ranges under 100 yards than I have at ranges over 300 yards, a low mag of 3 or less is worth more than an upper mag above 15. But if I can have it, I'll take a 3-15 over a 3-12.

If S&B had the 3-20 out, you can bet I'd probably be all over it.