• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

S&w m&p 10

I have had one for about a year. The first thing I did was replace the plastic hand guard with an Apex Machine FF fore end and the OR type gas block with a low profile one. I also installed a RRA two-stage (it is what I had and it was free) and changed out the flash hider to a YHM QD brake adaptor. It will stay at MOA for five shot groups with good ammo and I have no issue with the 5R melonited barrel. Pluses are that it is a little lighter weight than most AR-10 style guns and the ambi controls are a nice touch. It appears to be constructed from quality parts and finish was good. In the minus column I would say that it appears to not all be standard AR10 parts so customizing or upgrading could become an issue in some areas. Here a list of the differences I have found:
Buffer Spring (Longer than standard 308 carbine spring by about 1”)
Receiver Extension (Buffer Tube: It’s about 1” longer than standard Carbine Tube.)
Barrel Extension (As of now, there are no 3rd party companies making compatible barrels)
Charging Handle (Some .308 handles can be modified to work by opening up the hole at the end.)
Bolt & Carrier (Gas rings are standard, everything else proprietary.)
Barrel thread depth (Most 7.62 muzzle devices will be fine, but the depth of the threads is much longer than other 7.62 AR platforms, and some devices won’t be able to thread all the way down and time up. )
Gas tube (The gas tube is actually a little longer than a standard mid-length tube. It has a red die on the end to notify of difference. )

I bought one in February for Heavy Metal in 3 gun and am very happy with it. I threw a MI SS Gen 2 handguard, Jard trigger, and Surefire comp to replace the junk factory parts and improve the feel. It took a while to get a load for figured for it but it likes 155 gr. Sierra Palma's with Varget and it shoots a consistent MOA. The proprietary parts don't bother me and seem to be the norm in large frame AR manufacturers. I didn't know about the gas tube and am running a standard mid-length tube on it with no issues. I would buy again without a doubt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk