• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors S&W M&P 9 factory threaded barrels...any good?

I have one and i LOVE IT!!!! Both barrels are good and accurate. I have an AAC eco 9 btw

The newer M&P barrels are very good. The older generations were shitty. When I bought the newer threaded barrel for mine several years later, the accuracy was night and day difference.

I recently bought a threaded barrel from S&W for my M&P 9mm CORE 4.25"

The threaded barrel is a 1 in 16 twist

The non-threaded barrel is a 1 in 10" twist

The threaded will NOT stabilize a 147 grain load

A phone call today to customer service left me with no option to refund, replace, or even sell me an alternative.

I asked to buy a 5" CORE barrel with the updated tighter twist to thread myself. They won't sell me one.

I REALLY wanted this to work, but The aftermarket barrels are listed as 16" twist

If someone has a solution, I'm all ears.

The twist rates is backwards from what you would expect. People getting the threaded barrels and running suppressors will be wanting to shoot the heavier bullets.

Does a 1:16 twist in 9mm really not stabilize 147s??? I'm admittedly not a big pistol shooter but haven't heard this before. Isn't 1:16 very common 9mm twist rate?

Last edited:
Just ordered a OEM mp threaded barrel today. Should be here this week. I'll let you know what I think once its in. I'm not overly impressed the standard factory barrel, so...

I can out shoot my mp with my uspc. the fnx I sold was way tighter. If that thing hadn't had the worlds flimsyest safety, that would have been a hell of a polymer pistol.

I've had a factory barrel for about 3yrs. No accuracy issues for me.

The only complaint is the shitty thread protector they provide. Too loose of a fit with the threads. It can loosen when shooting

I've had a factory barrel for about 3yrs. No accuracy issues for me.

The only complaint is the shitty thread protector they provide. Too loose of a fit with the threads. It can loosen when shooting

+1 on the thread protector, the Gemtech has the same issue (heard they were actually the same barrel). My buddy shoots 147s suppressed with no issues whatsoever, and even though im still waiting for my Osprey, I use the barrel on my Core .40 cal (9 drops in and shoots flawlessly) and my 7 yard 15 round groups can be covered with a quarter, 15 yard are under 3 inches. Anything further I usually toss the .40 barrel back in, but ive shot it to 25 yards with no issues either... too cold to go outside and play at 50+ right now. Im sure the groups could be tighter but I run a 6.5 MOA RMR, so its really not meant for poking the same hole.

My factory M&P Pro shoots horrible and I had to drift the sight almost all the way to shoot POA/POI. If I was going to spend the money on a threaded barrel for it I would just spend the couple extra bucks and get a KKM.