• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC TRG-22 260 Rem

Whit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
Ohio
I finally got back my TRG from SAC. Mark did a outstanding job. I would recommend him to anyone. I have not been able to get it to the range yet (b/w work and selling my house which I just got sold so on to moving). I am so excited, I cant wait to get her out for a test drive. Here is some pics.

Sako TRG-22 260 Rem
Bartlein 26" 1-8tw contour is 1.150 breach-.930 muzzle (heavy I know)
APA Little Bastard and thread protector
cerakote Black

IMG_0010_zpsc8accfdd.jpg

IMG_0012_zps09bffe3a.jpg

IMG_0013_zps6ad119a5.jpg

IMG_0014_zps61afabd4.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever got behind a badger m2008 action ? I'm curious how the TRG and Badger compare/differ. Regardless, congrats on a sweet piece of kit.

Looks good... What was the turn around time?

Have you ever got behind a badger m2008 action ? I'm curious how the TRG and Badger compare/differ. Regardless, congrats on a sweet piece of kit.

The TRG feels like a Ferarri, and the M2008 feels like a Freightliner. Bolt lift and throw is a lighter, smoother and more refined on the TRG. Badger gives the feeling like you would be unable to break it if you tried.

The TRG feels like a Ferarri, and the M2008 feels like a Freightliner. Bolt lift and throw is a lighter, smoother and more refined on the TRG. Badger gives the feeling like you would be unable to break it if you tried.

That's what I wanted to know... I have two custom bolt actions... both m2008's. My only complaint is the bolt lift.

Thanks for verifying.

Thanks for the post! Mark is putting a 6.5 tube on my TRG as we speak! Great looking TRG. Keep us updated how it performs.

Just wanted to point out that Mark @ SAC is now ordering (and stocking, I believe) Bartlein barrels custom made with the correct "TRG Contour" profile.

Mark is a great 'smith.

Great looking rig. I can't wait to get my 5R back from Mark. It'll be the first custom work I've had done on a rifle. I've heard and seen great things about his work.

I have never been behind the M2008 so you would have to answer to the others.

I just chose that contour b/c thats whats on my .308 and I liked it. I sort of wished I would have gone a alittle smaller but too late now. I love it anyways.

I waited about 7 1/2 months, mainly b,c of Bartlein. They were swamped, there barrels are in high demand.

I have never been behind the M2008 so you would have to answer to the others.

I just chose that contour b/c thats whats on my .308 and I liked it. I sort of wished I would have gone a alittle smaller but too late now. I love it anyways.

I waited about 7 1/2 months, mainly b,c of Bartlein. They were swamped, there barrels are in high demand.