• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC: What do the builders shoot?

Thanks Jered!
That pic with the red haartebeast really show her off nicely. If you ever get tired of her lemme know!! ;)

Meet "Lucky".........

caliber 7 BAT (7mm 300 WSM)
pushing 180 bergers
Defiance action
Broughton 26" 5.8 contour 1-9 twist
Little Bastard brake
Custom M40 A1 adjustable stock with Terry's hardware
APA RTG trigger guard
APA bolt knob, base, rings
Huber trigger single stage at 2 lbs
US Optics SN-3 3.2-17x44 with Horus H-25 reticle

We are going to be making a switch to the Manners T6A stock

It would be a crime in at least 32 states to change anything on this rifle! Do not switch the stock-this is a thing of beauty.

Shit gets weirder every day around here ;)

And the TNVC Wasp is nice, more people should be able to get into NV with this.

LOL it gets weirder... but you know next year there will be a dozen other folks doing the same, except it'll be pieces of meat and nuts along with the fruit.

It's on the first page of this thread, cerakoted all OD green with a Bushnell XRS on top

That's not the SAUM. The one pictured is the 6mm Creedmoor that has been used in previous matches. He shot the SAUM to prove it was more then capable of performing at 4k rounds.

Yeah. That's the one I want to see.

There is a picture in the New GAP Extreme Hunter thread on the first page, about halfway down, that shows George next to a coyote target holding a rifle that looks to be in a Manner T4A with Flectarn camo...I think that might be it? Completely guessing though...

406806614.jpg

Here is a picture of both Beasts!!

Trigers, I run Remington 40X triggers, the old good ones!!!

Alright Dudes! Here you go. Now, before anybody says anything, I enjoy sexy rifles as much as the next guy and who would not want to keep them clean looking under normal shooting conditions. Well shooting in some of these comps are not "normal shooting conditions" that I was use to. So it took a little while for my appreciation of the "break in" process of my rifle to mature. Now, I proudly accept any damage to the rifle.

I did have a sling malfunction. During Complex Alpha-1 my sling came unraveled while I was running through a pistol course and it took a suppressor first plunge into some nice Douglas, WY rocks at the end of the stage. So that is where most of the damage came from. We have top of the line equipment in order to ensure under (my new definition) "normal shooting conditions" our rifles will perform and do their job. Even if they get some beauty marks.

So here she is after the Cup.

Oh, Mark... that poooooooor rifle. ahahahahaha

You should come to Reade in August, you can see my "tenderly handled" comp rifle ;-)

I filled in some of the bigger chips on the T4 with devcon and krylon'd over it, those stocks are tough little beasts.

Mark:

You may have to send that rifle to your 'smith to be touched-up/repaired.....................................

Chicks dig scars, Mark! ;)

Only thing that would bother me bad is the ding on the scope...that's hard to touch up. Other than that - your builds are solid - I've seen many on the range I work at and I have to get my hands on every one.

Mark, you did a hell of a nice bed job for my rifle... +1

Alright Dudes! Here you go. Now, before anybody says anything, I enjoy sexy rifles as much as the next guy and who would not want to keep them clean looking under normal shooting conditions. Well shooting in some of these comps are not "normal shooting conditions" that I was use to. So it took a little while for my appreciation of the "break in" process of my rifle to mature. Now, I proudly accept any damage to the rifle.

I did have a sling malfunction. During Complex Alpha-1 my sling came unraveled while I was running through a pistol course and it took a suppressor first plunge into some nice Douglas, WY rocks at the end of the stage. So that is where most of the damage came from. We have top of the line equipment in order to ensure under (my new definition) "normal shooting conditions" our rifles will perform and do their job. Even if they get some beauty marks.

Very Nice! A few more run-in's with some rocks and it will be looking great!

I checked my zero at lunch time, the rifle drop happened around 7:30 am. I was .3 Mils Left at that point. I zeroed the day before, the only thing is I had my suppressor (TBAC 30BA) on and off a few times since. I would have to chalk up the zero shift to the windage turret taking a direct hit when the rifle dropped. I have not done any testing on my own to see if the 30BA on and off multiple times will change anything. I would think not.

Mark

Apparently you forgot to email me Mark, just now found this thread.

Anyway, this is what I placed 26th in the Cup with, I was pleasantly surprised with that as this was my first real match to speak of other than Reade Range a month or so ago.

6.5 Creedmoor
Trued 700 w/ SAC Gen III side bolt release
Bartlein M24 1-8.5 Cut to 20" threaded 5/8-24
Manners T5 cerakoted FDE
Battle Arms DBM
Jewell HVR
Razor HD EBR-2B 10mil turrets
American Rifle Company M10 rings
Murphy Precision 30moa Stainless base

Not pictured, but ran in the match
Thunderbeast 30P-1
Triad Large stock pack

Sorry for the boring picture, Im out of town and its the only one I had on my phone...

creedmoor.jpg

I cant quite compete with Marks tangs, but I like to try

6brtang.jpg

The rifle served me very well, however running the match made me want to change a few things, plus I grabbed a Bartlein barrel off the prize table, so I was forced to. So as soon as I got back I ordered the stuff for the next one with the following:

Defiance Deviant
Manners TF-2
Bartlein 5R 1-8 6.5 Rem varmint +1
Black Ops DBM

And it will wear the new 7" 30P-1 as soon as they start shipping them

My biggest gripe with my current rig was barrel weight and stock. I always liked the look of the T5 but never did anything but shoot paper and prairie dogs with them, after the match I realized I wanted a standard pistol grip stock. Went with the folder just for cool factor and hoping to maybe downsize to a 1720 case for travel, being able to clean without dropping the cheek piece is a plus also.

Jon,

Looks good! You're rifle and shooting was pretty impressive at the CUP. Some stages you just could not miss, good shooting!

Mark

Because of this very reason I am giving him no mercy next week shooting prairie dogs. I am going to destroy every dog I see. No waiting for him to pick off the easy ones. If he wants to shoot then he has to take the small 350 yard plus ones...

Just kidding Jon

But seriously....

Anyway, this is what I placed 26th in the Cup with, I was pleasantly surprised with that as this was my first real match to speak of other than Reade Range a month or so ago.

6.5 Creedmoor
Manners T5 cerakoted FDE
Battle Arms DBM
Jewell HVR

Thunderbeast 30P-1
Triad Large stock pack

Do you not find the Jewell triggers to be problematic? I've replaced quite a few for myself and friends.

Do you not find the Jewell triggers to be problematic? I've replaced quite a few for myself and friends.

Well like I said, this was the first comp like this for me and my rifle, so I cant say anything for certain. I havent had any issues with it yet, and everything got pretty nasty dusty/sandy as you can see from Marks rifle. I may keep a spare 510 in my bag next time though incase I have issues.

Well like I said, this was the first comp like this for me and my rifle, so I cant say anything for certain. I havent had any issues with it yet, and everything got pretty nasty dusty/sandy as you can see from Marks rifle. I may keep a spare 510 in my bag next time though incase I have issues.

We had one bite the dust at K&M in a class. Not as rigorious of a shooting schedule as a match and It went from a 2.5# pull to like 6#.
It was bad, we took it out and replaced it with a 517 Timney. They have never let me down.

Mark there is nothing more sad in my book then a pristine tactical rifle. it needs some love taps, maybe some krylon, then its a working man's gun ;) very nice man. George's 6cm is so simple yet so usable. I shot it at K&M, great gun.

Mark there is nothing more sad in my book then a pristine tactical rifle. it needs some love taps, maybe some krylon, then its a working man's gun ;) very nice man. George's 6cm is so simple yet so usable. I shot it at K&M, great gun.

Whats sad is watching Mark looking at his rifle and its new scratches in his hotel room and having to listen to him cry himself to sleep over it haha!

Whats sad is watching Mark looking at his rifle and its new scratches in his hotel room and having to listen to him cry himself to sleep over it haha!

I don't know if he was crying over that or if he was crying in pain from that roll out bed haha. Little of both maybe...

6.5 Creedmoor
Manners T5 cerakoted FDE
Battle Arms DBM
Jewell HVR

Thunderbeast 30P-1
Triad Large stock pack

Sorry for the boring picture, Im out of town and its the only one I had on my phone...

creedmoor.jpg

I cant quite compete with Marks tangs, but I like to try

6brtang.jpg

The rifle served me very well, however running the match made me want to change a few things, plus I grabbed a Bartlein barrel off the prize table, so I was forced to. So as soon as I got back I ordered the stuff for the next one with the following:

Defiance Deviant
Manners TF-2
Bartlein 5R 1-8 6.5 Rem varmint +1
Black Ops DBM

And it will wear the new 7" 30P-1 as soon as they start shipping them

My biggest gripe with my current rig was barrel weight and stock. I always liked the look of the T5 but never did anything but shoot paper and prairie dogs with them, after the match I realized I wanted a standard pistol grip stock. Went with the folder just for cool factor and hoping to maybe downsize to a 1720 case for travel, being able to clean without dropping the cheek piece is a plus also.

Very nice, good to see a "plain old" 700 getting some love.

What kind of velocities were you seeing with the 20" 6.5 CM?

Thanks in advance.

20" creedmoor with 42gn of imr4350 was 2660 or so (fairly hot too), pretty slow barrel for some reason, although I could probably do a little better with hodgdon if I had some.

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

Last edited:

Quoted for truth but what was worse was the 2 of you snuggling together...... And yes I have pics to prove it.. Cough, I mean trade for discounted goods. :)

I think one of the funnier things I heard during the match was when I mentioned to George that Marks rifle finally got some charachter. He just laughed and said " About damn time, I told him it was too damn pretty. My rifle looks like pounded dog shit" :)