• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Safariland P226 holster help

NMMX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
ABQ, NM
I picked up a Safariland 6378 ALS for a P226R. This is what safarilands sight lists as the correct holster for this model. However it absolutely does not fit with the rail. I sent a email to safariland to see if something has change in their model or inventory but have not received a response.
Does anyone know if there is now a different model to fit the 226 with a rail?

I appreciate any help on this, kinda at a dead end with google info.

I have that same holster for mine. I believe on that model there is a tension adjustment screw located at the muzzle end of the holster just inside by the rail. Should be silver in color. Try backing it out a couple turns and see if the gun now fits. If it does, incrementally tighten the screw until you get the amount of tension you like when drawing the gun. Just a pointer, if you tighten it up until the gun no longer "rattles" inside the holster it will be very, very, very difficult to draw. I will go check mine right now.

Yep, it's there. Tried a non-railed P220 and it was really loose. Tightened the screw and it's perfect. Slid my P226R in and it wouldn't go in. Backed the screw back out and in it went. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I looked thoroughly and mine definitely doesn't have the tension screw. It has a plastic clip screwed to the inside that flexes. I removed it and the pistol will fit but still really tight. Possible I have a older model?

On one of the sflnd pages there are differences on the model # based on production year. There was a shift

Hmm...ok. Thanks TF, maybe I'll send this one back and try to order another direct from Safariland. See if the newest model works.