• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Range 22LR Build FINISHED

Easa

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2020
Slovakia, EU
Hello guys,

So, after 5 months of gathering info, waiting, funding, waiting, funding, ordering, and waiting again, here is my rifle build completed.

20200708_112616.jpg

Rifle: Sako Quad Range 22LR /w Heavy barrel & Set trigger
Glass: Sightron SIIISS 6-24X50 LR ZS FFP / MH
Mount: Spuhr SA-3601
Accessories: Gunbloke Max-TAC2 Brake; DIP Aluminium bottom plate; Sterk Shooting Swept Ball handle; Harris 6-9" Bipod

Glad to hear your feedback ! Cant wait to take the girl out for a proper shooting session.

Before entering the range set your diopter and then reinstall the ocular scope cover to turn 8 o'clock so it does not cover your turrets nor impend bolt manipulation.

Reactions: Williwaw
Very nice! Agree that the upgrade to the bolt handle is a must.

Have you gotten to shoot her yet? If not you are in for a treat! Mine is a blast to shoot and always makes people smile when they shoot it.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Greetings from Slovakia guys,

Last month was kind of sad for me, as I was mostly unable to shoot due to my scope being on RMA. Sightron turned out to have a faulty parallax correction, and also caused POI change when I zoomed in or out. Eventually I managed to get my money back, and went for another scope, which might or might not be an overkill.

20200910_190802.jpg

This is my rifle as of today, fitted with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 MIL-R which i got brand new for 1700€. As for ammo, i currently use Lapua Center-X and CCI Standards. Will spend some time training for a local rimfire competition season, starting in March. People mostly use old CZ's and Anschutz for these, so Sako will sure be an unicorn there.

Talking about upgrades, I must say that the Sterk Swept Ball handle was the single most useful upgrade for this gun. For now, it is in a state that I've always wanted, greatly surpassing my capabilities as a shooter, not really requiring any additional work. But you know this sport, so i might eventually get a Lilja barrel or BnA trigger. Was also looking on Accuracy 1st ball level, and I still need to convince Sterk to machine titanium bolt shroud as he does for Tikka's :D

I need to get to a shape when I can shoot 0.5 centimetre target @ 50m/55y with confidence just with bipod and no rear support. Gun is capable of that, I am currently not. 1 MOA or slightly sub MOA is my best score now.

Greetings from Slovakia guys,

Last month was kind of sad for me, as I was mostly unable to shoot due to my scope being on RMA. Sightron turned out to have a faulty parallax correction, and also caused POI change when I zoomed in or out. Eventually I managed to get my money back, and went for another scope, which might or might not be an overkill.

View attachment 7421358

This is my rifle as of today, fitted with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 MIL-R which i got brand new for 1700€. As for ammo, i currently use Lapua Center-X and CCI Standards. Will spend some time training for a local rimfire competition season, starting in March. People mostly use old CZ's and Anschutz for these, so Sako will sure be an unicorn there.

Talking about upgrades, I must say that the Sterk Swept Ball handle was the single most useful upgrade for this gun. For now, it is in a state that I've always wanted, greatly surpassing my capabilities as a shooter, not really requiring any additional work. But you know this sport, so i might eventually get a Lilja barrel or BnA trigger. Was also looking on Accuracy 1st ball level, and I still need to convince Sterk to machine titanium bolt shroud as he does for Tikka's :D

I need to get to a shape when I can shoot 0.5 centimetre target @ 50m/55y with confidence just with bipod and no rear support. Gun is capable of that, I am currently not. 1 MOA or slightly sub MOA is my best score now.

Nice rig you have there. I tried asking Sterk about the bolt shrouds previously. They’re obviously going to cost him a good chunk of cash to develop and refine. He has said unfortunately there hasn’t been a big market for Quad parts (especially compared to Tikka part demand). I’d love a Sterk bolt shroud- and would definitely pay extra to help him produce it.

I bet if we can get a big list of interested buyers, he’d at least consider the idea. I’ve seen lots of posts where people lament the use of plastic on their Quads, so there’s likely a few who might put their name in.

I would maybe first go for lilja/aftermarket barrel. I have the BnA already and figuring betweeen local barrel maker and Lilja.
The stock trigger is nice with the spring from ballpoint pencil too.

The sporter chamber in the Quad barrel is probably a weak point in its accuracy department.

Okay, the gear hound in me has to know...what tools do you have in the Proxxon box?
Proxxon Box.jpg

FuddLuck: Count me all in. I need that shroud. Badly :D

Okay, the gear hound in me has to know...what tools do you have in the Proxxon box?
View attachment 7422060

All the tools i need in the field to strip down the rifle, or repair the easy stuff. There is a torque screwdriver (2-10 Nm) with a detachable T handle, 1/4 to Hex bit socket, Torx 20 and 25 + some Allen wrenches. Corrects the cheekpiece or buttstock, Remounts the scope, remounts the mount, remounts the action, everywhere & everytime the same way.

I would maybe first go for lilja/aftermarket barrel. I have the BnA already and figuring betweeen local barrel maker and Lilja.
The stock trigger is nice with the spring from ballpoint pencil too.

The sporter chamber in the Quad barrel is probably a weak point in its accuracy department.

From what I've read on Lilja's website, the Sako Quad barrel from him has a more loose chamber compared to Anschutz barrels, but i do not understand why.

" In the case of the Ruger 10/22, CZ455’s, Sako Quad, and 77/22 barrels this is a “Bentz” semi-auto type chamber. The Anschutz barrels receive a shorter and tighter diameter match chamber."

Does it mean that the Sako Quad barrels are not as accurate? Anyways, this is what I've shot yesterday at 55y/50m with Lapua Center X. Dispersion is about 12mm. Will try more ammo. I try to avoid even thinking about Lilja, because it is very difficult to get one here. You guys pay like 500 dollars for it, for me here, with all the paperwork and bureaucracy it would be more like 1200$.

IMG_20200913_173007_005.jpg

From my experience with Liljia, both personal and product wise, I'd rather make my own barrel from a wood broom stick than use/buy something from Lilja.

From what I've read on Lilja's website, the Sako Quad barrel from him has a more loose chamber compared to Anschutz barrels, but i do not understand why.

" In the case of the Ruger 10/22, CZ455’s, Sako Quad, and 77/22 barrels this is a “Bentz” semi-auto type chamber. The Anschutz barrels receive a shorter and tighter diameter match chamber."

Does it mean that the Sako Quad barrels are not as accurate? Anyways, this is what I've shot yesterday at 55y/50m with Lapua Center X. Dispersion is about 12mm. Will try more ammo. I try to avoid even thinking about Lilja, because it is very difficult to get one here. You guys pay like 500 dollars for it, for me here, with all the paperwork and bureaucracy it would be more like 1200$.

View attachment 7423348

From vanmulekom it costs me around 720e + shipping + import license or a few a gun shop ordering one will take. So around €800 or 900.

Try Eley Tenex also. My Quad likes it, I have shot it only one lot and still going, but it makes really easily sub-moa. I'd say from 0.6moa to 0.8moa. Because of the price I shoot it rarely, I bought it just to get the refillable boxes they come with. I have around 100 rounds left.

But it is economically more reasonable to buy new barrel and shoot SK Match/C-X, probably obtaining same results. I calculated that just shooting SK plus instead of CX will save me worth a lilja and more in a year. But doubts about the performance of Lilja and other aftermarket barrels keep me from buying one.

Few groups with Eley at 100m.
The flier on the second target is the first shot from SK PM barrel. Both groups were shot on the same target originally.
Screenshot_20200914-135109_TargetScan.jpg

Here is one where I pulled one.
Screenshot_20200914-143054_TargetScan.jpg

From my experience with Liljia, both personal and product wise, I'd rather make my own barrel from a wood broom stick than use/buy something from Lilja.

Why is that? I am genuinely curious about this, so I wont regret something. PM me if its not for the public eye.

Near Miss: I am probably gonna try ELEY Tenex, and also Lapua X-ACT which should be same stuff as Center X but with highest QC / Assortment. I found out this test done at 50y with what seems to be a pretty accurate rifle:

Its not that far from my accuracy to be honest , speaking of Center X there.

Why is that? I am genuinely curious about this, so I wont regret something. PM me if its not for the public eye.

Near Miss: I am probably gonna try ELEY Tenex, and also Lapua X-ACT which should be same stuff as Center X but with highest QC / Assortment. I found out this test done at 50y with what seems to be a pretty accurate rifle:

Saaed also made benching with a Quad.
Here are some photos from the thread attached to this reply. Mainly the match ammo from Quad with few cheaper included.

That said, Saaed created some controversy with his group measurements, some of which were straight out wrong which he ridiculously denied instead of admitting. And that said, it is probably easy to lose focus on measuring when you make the same repetition for hundreds of times.

Attachments

• IMG_20190616_232241_497.jpg
    IMG_20190616_232241_497.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20190616-222314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-222314_Chrome.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20190616-222136_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-222136_Chrome.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 20190616_222950.jpg
    20190616_222950.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20190616-222117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-222117_Chrome.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20190616-221930_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-221930_Chrome.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20190616-221844_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-221844_Chrome.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20190616-221634_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-221634_Chrome.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20190615-233641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-233641_Chrome.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20190615-233615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-233615_Chrome.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20190615-233557_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-233557_Chrome.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20190615-233535_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-233535_Chrome.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20190615-233226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190615-233226_Chrome.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 160

PM coming.

Saaed also made benching with a Quad.
Here are some photos from the thread attached to this reply. Mainly the match ammo from Quad with few cheaper included.

That said, Saaed created some controversy with his group measurements, some of which were straight out wrong which he ridiculously denied instead of admitting. And that said, it is probably easy to lose focus on measuring when you make the same repetition for hundreds of times.

So, i guess that the factory barrel is not that bad after all, or more precisely said, considering the variety and inconsistency of rimfire ammunition, it will not make a big difference apart from strict BR shooting. I will test out Tenex, Midas+ and X-ACT, compare my groups and then decide. I buy Center-X locally for 0.19€/round, which is OK for me, and for training purpose its good. If the X-ACT will shoot same place but tighter, i will use it on competitive events.

You said you have BnA trigger, your stock Quad trigger was standard, or the set trigger activated by pushing it forward?

sexy rig you have there!

Thank you! It was sort of a dream build for me, so i appreciate when others like it too. Sometimes I wonder how it would compare to Anschutz 1927, i absolutely love that sexy biathlon straight pull action, but 3300€ is a lot for a rimfire, and i highly doubt it would shoot 100% tighter than Quad does.

im considering getting a 1903 msr but at $2500 AUD its hard to justify when i wouldn't use it to compete.

It looks like 1903 MSR is only exported to US and AU, I cant find any info about it on EU websites. We only have Anschutz 1761 HB MSR, but that is a different rifle. I personally would miss adjustable cheekpiece on those. I once had an opportunity to hold a brand new Anchutz 64 Action based rifle for a while, it was Biathlon model but action is same as that MSR. I did not shoot with it but tried to cycle the bolt, and it was quite firm to move back and forth, not as smooth as Quad.

The link you showed Saaed's CX groups at 0.215".
That equals to 5,5mm average for 5 separate 5 shot groups.

I have made the best groups with the Quad using Lapua Biathlon and Eley Tenex.

I add 2 groupings from me as reference.
Biathlon groups were shot without a rear bag, just the fist.
Screenshot_20200915-183700_TargetScan.jpg

Tenex groups below were shot with rear bag and I think they represent the maximum precision of 0.6moa on average my present barrel can uphold - I think I do better than that - although even the target shows a clear POA change between groups..

But 19 shots (third group was accidentally a duplicate) within 10,5mm means 95% hit rate within 5mm.

If those 2 lots I have bought would not have been so good, I would have already bought a new barrel. My second Biathlon lot did 1-2moa, just trash.

Screenshot_20200915-185341_TargetScan.jpg

So, i guess that the factory barrel is not that bad after all, or more precisely said, considering the variety and inconsistency of rimfire ammunition, it will not make a big difference apart from strict BR shooting. I will test out Tenex, Midas+ and X-ACT, compare my groups and then decide. I buy Center-X locally for 0.19€/round, which is OK for me, and for training purpose its good. If the X-ACT will shoot same place but tighter, i will use it on competitive events.

You said you have BnA trigger, your stock Quad trigger was standard, or the set trigger activated by pushing it forward?
My trigger was the stock one. I have used springs from a ballpoint pen for my friends trigger and it lightens the pull and works very well.
The BnA is sick.

I would order many different CX lots, usually vendors have 1-4 lots in the storage with varying amounts.

I dont remember where or who (maybe jimmy) released test center data about around 10 lots of CX with different guns.
I categorized the results quickly and it pretty much went that 30% performed good, 50% average and 20% bad.

I buy and test lots with that in mind.
There are bad and good lots of everything out there.
I have measured awful SD out of X-Act with horrible grouping and then good ones.

When lot testing make real clean data, no pulled shots included. One is also easily inclined to pick the lot that did the best groups but worse on average.

Here is one test of 10 shots groups out of Anschutz on a bench. Not very admirable. But you can see the load quality affects precision.

Hello guys,

So, after 5 months of gathering info, waiting, funding, waiting, funding, ordering, and waiting again, here is my rifle build completed.

View attachment 7369324

Accessories: Gunbloke Max-TAC2 Brake; DIP Aluminium bottom plate; Sterk Shooting Swept Ball handle; Harris 6-9" Bipod

Glad to hear your feedback ! Cant wait to take the girl out for a proper shooting session.
Nice (Quad) Range you have there Easa!

Keith

Nice rig you have there. I tried asking Sterk about the bolt shrouds previously. They’re obviously going to cost him a good chunk of cash to develop and refine. He has said unfortunately there hasn’t been a big market for Quad parts (especially compared to Tikka part demand). I’d love a Sterk bolt shroud- and would definitely pay extra to help him produce it.

I bet if we can get a big list of interested buyers, he’d at least consider the idea. I’ve seen lots of posts where people lament the use of plastic on their Quads, so there’s likely a few who might put their name in.
FuddLuck: Within reason, I'd definitely be interested in a Sterk Titanium Bolt Shroud for the Quad. By that I mean I'd pay $50.00, but not $100.00. I have a really sweet euroOptic Special Edition Sako Quad from 2012 and hate the plastic Bolt Shroud on it. I'm sure we're among a lot of Quad owners' who hate the plastic Bolt Shroud on their Quad(s) too.

Keith

FuddLuck: Within reason, I'd definitely be interested in a Sterk Titanium Bolt Shroud for the Quad. By that I mean I'd pay $50.00, but not $100.00. I have a really sweet euroOptic Special Edition Sako Quad from 2012 and hate the plastic Bolt Shroud on it. I'm sure we're among a lot of Quad owners' who hate the plastic Bolt Shroud on their Quad(s) too.

Keith
It is a bolt shroud made out of titanium. Not going to be cheap. Aluminum could be useful but titanium is however best for the job.

If I remember correctly the shroud takes the force of the firing spring via the pin that goes through it. So a possible crack in the plastic might be enough for it to start wiggling and letting the pin go loose.

The plastic shroud is good for its job. Plastics are nowadays very good. But titanium is a cool overkill.

If those 2 lots I have bought would not have been so good, I would have already bought a new barrel. My second Biathlon lot did 1-2moa, just trash.

This exactly. I am not used to this, the whole rimfire ammo behavior, and it scares the hell out of me. I immediatelly go on what's wrong with my rifle etc. I had that classic 500 round box of Lapua Center-X, but there were 2 different lots inside. I had no problem doing 1/2 MOA @ 50m with one 50 round box, and then came the second one which was worse than 1 MOA.

In Slovakia, we do not have many ammunition or gun importers. It's more like there is one company that imports SAKO rifles, and all other gunshops buy from them at wholesale prices. Same with ammo, Lapua's are imported by one company that imports several 500RD boxes monthly, and then distributed. Next thing, all the "more exclusive" ammo is usually on order only at my local gunshops - no problem getting it, but they just order it from that same importer over and over again, so I don't really know when I get my hands on a different lot of ammo. We are really a tragic market for this stuff.

======================

Just to be clear - how do you calculate dispersion? Is it outer edge to outer edge of the holes, or center to center? So i better understand how exactly is "Group Size" measured in that spreadsheed. About the barrel - I am not saying no to it, I just think that at the moment, the rifle is more accurate than I am when shooting just from bipod. But the quest to make it a surgical tool continues, who knows what happens. I would certainly like to push the rifle to it's accuracy maximum over time.

About the trigger - my trigger has that Set function, and it becomes very light and crisp then. It has about 200 - 250g trigger weight in that mode, but the pull is different from the normal one. Unfortunately, I really don't have any opportunity to directly compare it to BnA.

Next thing, we have a local custom gun shop not that far away from me, that quite frequently does glass and pillar bedding on Tikka Sporters. I was thinking about getting the job done, just for the peace of mind and getting that one step closer to a fully upgraded rifle. What do you think?

And the last thing - Can the muzzle brake affect accuracy? I have not done a proper testing on this, but I suspected that when I removed it, my POI changed and also my groups got tighter, so I do not have it mounted at the moment. It was mainly for the looks.

======================

Nice (Quad) Range you have there Easa!

Keith

Thank You ! About that bolt shroud, I would certainly pay a premium to get it, even 100+$. Unless SAKO releases something like baby TRG M10 in 22LR I intend on keeping this rifle for a long time. It has a great modularity and aftermarket options for virtually everything, so if there is an opportunity to have something upgraded, I am ALL IN. How many of us here own Quads? I said it previously, let's get together, and make a group order. Even guys from Rimfirecentral would be interested I think (those which are not already here). If i recall correctly, Sterk once told me that he would have to manufacture and sell about 30 shrouds to get to 80AU$ price, which is like 60 USD. I think that with 15-20 of us, it will be <100 USD for one piece. Again

Speaking of plastics, there is still that ugly plastic magazine housing with case ejector... :D

PS: Can anybody take down the bolt shroud from his Quad? I have never done it before, and Sterk will need some photos for at least basic calculations.

What is needed:
- Detailed photos of the actual shroud
- Detailed photos of what goes into the shroud (indicator, dowel pin, etc...)
- Maybe even some basic measurements (outer and inner diameter etc)

And the last thing - Can the muzzle brake affect accuracy? I have not done a proper testing on this, but I suspected that when I removed it, my POI changed and also my groups got tighter, so I do not have it mounted at the moment. It was mainly for the looks.

The brake will likely have an affect due to changes in gases being vented, barrel weight, and harmonics. A different style brake might perform better or worse. I’ve been tempted on trying out 22LR barrel tuners or dampeners.

Muzzle brakes can work both positive and negatively. I tried this a few years back with my Tikka T1x's. On my rifles and a buddy of mine, the Silencerco ASR worked best followed by the Lantec Dragon. The AR Bird cage and the Miculic didn't work that good.

This is the Miculek brake.
0320192032.jpg
0320192032a.jpg

Lantec Dragon
Tactial Works Rt side.jpg

Tikka2 Lantec.jpg

0329191631.jpg

Silincerco ASR
0323191333.jpg

Trying out different things. This is the Miculek and AR Bird cage.
0321191247a.jpg

My buddy still uses his ASR brake. I don't have a factory barreled T1x. Since I like shooting suppressed best, I never kept the brakes on, only experimented with them. One thing to be expected is the brakes are louder even on a rimfire. Not only that but the sound itself has a different tone. The thing is, most good brakes are not cheap so it would be an expensive test to buy a bunch and not work. I already had mine on hand so my cost to try was zero.

Reactions: STex
PS: Can anybody take down the bolt shroud from his Quad? I have never done it before, and Sterk will need some photos for at least basic calculations.

What is needed:
- Detailed photos of the actual shroud
- Detailed photos of what goes into the shroud (indicator, dowel pin, etc...)
- Maybe even some basic measurements (outer and inner diameter etc)

I think it would be best if another thread was started, dedicated to the development of the Sterk bolt shroud. That way we can get the attention of interested Quad owners.

I’d take off my shroud, but I haven’t messed with it before.

I'll chime in to mention a couple of things.
I'm not a site sponsor and don't want to piss off paying site sponsors (I'm 1 guy doing stuff as a hobby/sideline and don't make the money businesses do that can afford to be sponsors).
I made sako quad handles over a year ago - made all of 20 handles and im still staring at about half of them sitting on the shelf - typically a handle is more commonly upgraded compared to a bolt shroud.
The T1x shroud is similar but not the same - custom milling cutters were designed and made to be able to machine the t1x shroud I designed using 7075 aluminium. So it's not possible to use the same tools for Titanium due to their design and not coated for Titanium machining. Don't really feel like dropping $1000 on new tools to make 20 quad shrouds that only 10 of will sell.

The quad has been out for a few years now and there's not much talk of shrouds either failing/breaking, or people desperately wanting to upgrade them.

If you could convince him then I'm in. Hope Sterk could run a group buy here or maybe put a survey on his Facebook to make sure how many folks are in. Sadly there's no Sako Quad group on fb or things could be much easier.

I'm not a site sponsor and don't want to piss off paying site sponsors (I'm 1 guy doing stuff as a hobby/sideline and don't make the money businesses do that can afford to be sponsors).
I made sako quad handles over a year ago - made all of 20 handles and im still staring at about half of them sitting on the shelf - typically a handle is more commonly upgraded compared to a bolt shroud.
The T1x shroud is similar but not the same - custom milling cutters were designed and made to be able to machine the t1x shroud I designed using 7075 aluminium. So it's not possible to use the same tools for Titanium due to their design and not coated for Titanium machining. Don't really feel like dropping $1000 on new tools to make 20 quad shrouds that only 10 of will sell.

The quad has been out for a few years now and there's not much talk of shrouds either failing/breaking, or people desperately wanting to upgrade them.

Mine was broken. The loaded chamber indicator breaks into 2 parts.

I'm always in when you decide to make the shroud. Maybe do a survey somewhere to see how many people are interested in?

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Since we are talking about the Quad Range and muzzle brakes come up I have decided to do a test with mine. All around accuracy has never really been stellar with mine so anything I do can't hurt. Don't get me wrong, it's accurate "it's a 70%-80% 1/2" rifle" but not near as much as my P94S Range and Varmint models or my two M 78's or P 72. All my older Sakos are more accurate.

I'm going to start with my Lantec Dragon first and see how it does.

Lantec 1.jpg
Lanctec 2.jpg
Lantec 3.jpg
Lantec 4.jpg

This is the target I want to be better than. This is a typical target for this rifle. How I grade all precision on all my rifles are at what percentage can they shoot 1/2" or better by shooting ten, 5-shot groups at 55 yards. Measured center to center with a ruler. This is a 70% target, hence 7 of 10.
Sako Quad Range SK RM 9-6-20.jpg

These are 10 shot groups with the Silencerco Sparrow. For some unknown reason I broke my normal way of shooting and shot five, 10-shot groups.
IMG_20200916_180304.jpg

Since we are talking about the Quad Range and muzzle brakes come up I have decided to do a test with mine. All around accuracy has never really been stellar with mine so anything I do can't hurt. Don't get me wrong, it's accurate "it's a 70%-80% 1/2" rifle" but not near as much as my P94S Range and Varmint models or my two M 78's or P 72. All my older Sakos are more accurate.

Well, if we measure it center to center with a ruler, then my group posted up in the thread is 7.9mm, which is one of the best I have shot. I even had one 5 group target where 4 shots went through one 6mm sized hole, and one of them (being second round shot) was a flier maybe 10-15mm upper of them, but i dont count this one in. I hope that with selected ammo i will be able to shoot targets like that, or better said, <1/2" at 50m every time and I am happy.

That plate target, you shot that with only bipod or with rear support as well?

==================

Glad that you joined the thread :) Of course, we dont want to cause any trouble to you, and everything will be done on your terms. I am thinking about a simple thread like "Interested in custom bolt shroud for Sako Quad?" or something like that, so even folks which dont visit this thread would see it. Everybody interested would write a YES answer there, so the thread will be kept up. IF there will be >10 people interested, you will decide what to do next, if you are up for it or not, and if yes, we can discuss final colour and shape, if there would be any options. I would personally like a TRG style shroud in the same color as black handles for Quad, but thats just me, would leave a poll up for that. I would like it to be a one time group buy only, so you sell all or at least 80% of the shrouds immediately and wont have any leftovers.

Hello guys,

View attachment 7369324

Been looking for a range for a while on gunbroker but they have dried up. A year ago there were plenty. Has Sako stopped making the quad as I do not see many come up for sale. I have one of the first ones in the states and waited a year to get it from sako. Love it

Been looking for a range for a while on gunbroker but they have dried up. A year ago there were plenty. Has Sako stopped making the quad as I do not see many come up for sale. I have one of the first ones in the states and waited a year to get it from sako. Love it

I had read the range line was discontinued, not sure about all quad lines though. That was why I jumped at the opportunity to buy one with the set trigger. I read talk about a new Quad line like 5years ago- not sure if the Finnfire 2 was the result, if there’s something else coming, or it’s all BS.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Glad that you joined the thread :) Of course, we dont want to cause any trouble to you, and everything will be done on your terms. I am thinking about a simple thread like "Interested in custom bolt shroud for Sako Quad?" or something like that, so even folks which dont visit this thread would see it. Everybody interested would write a YES answer there, so the thread will be kept up. IF there will be >10 people interested, you will decide what to do next, if you are up for it or not, and if yes, we can discuss final colour and shape, if there would be any options. I would personally like a TRG style shroud in the same color as black handles for Quad, but thats just me, would leave a poll up for that. I would like it to be a one time group buy only, so you sell all or at least 80% of the shrouds immediately and wont have any leftovers

I think that would be a good idea. I’d be willing to help get the word out by trying to find interested Sako Quad owners on this forum and informing them about the survey thread. I know rimfire central and the Sako owners forum will also have some interested buyers too, but I’m not a member.

I think the important thing to remember is that Sterk said he’s a one-man operation. If we want the part, we should try doing some leg work to help. Also since there isn’t a huge market for Quad parts, we should probably do some kind of pre-order or a small downpayment. This could help provide the cash for R&D, or at least give some assurance that the shrouds will sell.