• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Range 22LR Build FINISHED

Good stuff #2. Two 500 round boxes of Lapua X-ACT ready for barrel testing, another box of Midas+ for comparison. I do not know what is the price of this ammo in US, but here it is (converted from EUR) about 0.55$ / round.

The barrel in the photo is not mine, my gunsmith is finishing T1X rebarrel project for another customer before he gets to my rifle. The customer wanted a thread cap like this, i think that is a very nice work done there.

Attachments

• 198174795_916875698871550_5352663926710369456_n.jpg
    198174795_916875698871550_5352663926710369456_n.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-20210610-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210610-WA0001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG-20210610-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210610-WA0005.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG-20210610-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20210610-WA0008.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 122
A little sneak peek here for you guys,

LW blank took an eternity to arrive from Germany, but finally, it is here. Crown and muzzle is finished, chamber was cut and the barrel is custom-fitted to the Quad action (we ditched the switch barrel system along with its retention plate). With the Lapua ammunition, the bolt works without a problem so far.

Still have to sort out the bedding, will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG-20210805-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210805-WA0003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG-20210808-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210808-WA0003.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Hegre
Here comes the bedding. The spacing between stock and receiver was uneven here and there, so the wood has been very slightly milled / cut out to make the layer even.

Attachments

• IMG-20210816-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210816-WA0000.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20210817-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210817-WA0000.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-20210818-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210818-WA0004.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Near miss
Thank you, it will take a little bit of polishing and cleaning to chamfer the edges around magazine well and trigger mechanism, the stock will receive last finishing touches tomorrow, and we are good to go. After that, my GS will shoot it for a few days using Lapua and RWS ammunition to break-in the barrel, and to find out and correct any problems that may rise, particularly about proper feeding and extracting.

I am still thinking about Bix n Andy trigger

Cool!

About the Bix, I considered it also almost a non-necessary upgrade in the beginning.

But now that I think of it I would not rather take it away at all, it is sweet. Freaking nice, but so far away from my AR trigger that switching between is not easy, takes few shots to get used to. (I am planning on buying a Diamond for the AR too)

Been using it for 3+ years and never an issue (except) and never has it required a cleaning, 40K shots in and outdoors, at range and forest.

I had recently the timing screw become loose and make the gun inoperable amidst a range visit so I recommend putting some light threadlocker like VC3 that allows final adjustments too.

It won't move easily on its own but given enough time + tens of tons of trigger presses..

Congratulations on building up a fine rig Easa. I’ve been planning on installing pillars and bedding my Quad as well, since it’s apparent that the action isn’t resting uniformly in the stock. Make sure to post some accuracy results once everything it’s all said and done.

Regarding the Bix- I have no experience with their triggers, so I can’t offer any firsthand opinions. All I know is they’re pricey; a little too much for me to justify purchasing considering I’m pretty happy with my Sako’s set trigger.

Sorry guys, I just could not help myself and had to post these photos as well, just received a mail from my GS. I am out of town till Sunday, but I can promise you that I will post proper range report, after I get to pick the rifle up from GS and as soon as it will be possible to visit the range :)

4.JPG

5.JPG

9.JPG

Guys, range report here. Same place as always, distance 50m / 55y, temperature 17°C, gentle wind, lying only on concrete and rug, rifle on bipod.

Keep in mind, that this was actually my first shooting with 22LR rifle since Q4 2020.

Attachments

• 240777662_10216038540795804_2981793446394920016_n.jpg
    240777662_10216038540795804_2981793446394920016_n.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 120
Yes. The target I posted was the second one, first looked like this. It is clear that the barrel is new and needs some fouling, as the groups are getting tighter. Targets were shot as numbered.
240426762_1477483855947317_5221014376297971541_n.jpg

Hey guys, greeting from Slovakia! Long time no post again. To sum it up:

With the rifle fitted as you see in the upper post, Ive managed to participate in a rimfire competition (various targets @ 50 meters), ended up 5th (out of 25 shooters). Without a lot tested ammo, just off shelf center x. Lying on an old slippery quilt, I really needed a decent shooting mat. Eventually found one under christmas tree, GF takes care of me :D

Sadly, I have missed the final competition of 2021 year due to a friends wedding. Last time I was at the range was back in November, but that was just plinking with a friend. Rifle sleeps in the box since then. I sold the NXS for the same money I bought it. I need something with better glass, finer adjustments and better parallax correction.

2022 to-do list:

1) Fit the rifle with a new scope. Hot candidate is Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50x56 HD SFP, for its 0.05 MRAD click adjustment (MOA system is really painful for me to comprehend quickly in my head during the real action), very crisp glass and overall great value. This will also require a change in the scope mount, as the Delta has 34mm tube diameter. Therefore, Spuhr SA4601 on the way, SA3601 available for sale if anybody interested.

2) Bought cheapo Aliexpress steel spikes for the Harris bipod, will see how it works, eventually the rifle might get an Atlas.

3) Train, shoot and participate in competitions as much as time will allow.

4) Convince @cannoncrossfire Sterk to finally manufacture that bloody bolt shroud for us Quad folks :D

Oh, and I also persuaded my pistol range pal to buy the CZ457 AT-ONE. Looking forward to comparison.

Take care everyone.

It's great to see you have got what you wanted - via a considered approach.
Happy shooting.

Reactions: Easa
A little sneak peek here for you guys,

LW blank took an eternity to arrive from Germany, but finally, it is here. Crown and muzzle is finished, chamber was cut and the barrel is custom-fitted to the Quad action (we ditched the switch barrel system along with its retention plate). With the Lapua ammunition, the bolt works without a problem so far.

Still have to sort out the bedding, will keep you posted.
Can you explain precisely what you did In terms of modifying the switch barrek system? In retrospect was it worth it?

I do not know if you are familiar with that switch barrel system, in the terms of actually disassembling it, so i will elaborate here.

The Quad has a retention plate that is pushed upwards by two springs on the left and right side of the receiver. That is the reason why you have to "break" the barrel upwards and then remove it when you are switching between calibers - it pushes the plate down and allows you to pull the barrel out. There is also that barrel screw near the magazine well that needs to be removed - that one is fixing the retention plate in locked position so your barrel holds in place. There is also a fixing pin that is pressed into the receiver from the top side that "countersunks" into the upper part of the barrel when its locked in place.

There are several negative aspects of this concept. First and foremost, one screw (that is not even in actual contact with the barrel, it only pushes a steel plate that has about 2-3 square centimeters of contact with the barrel) is not enough to properly fix the heavy barrel in its place - it would be, if there was no front to back headspace/breechface play when the barrel is locked in the receiver unscrewed. But there is (or was) a lot of play, almost wobble i would say, due to large manufacturing tolerances between the barrel, the receiver and the fixing pin. As a result 1) not only the POI can change every time the barrel is switched, but also upon impacts, shocks, bumps or any pressure applied to receiver or barrel - or just upon shooting, harder bolt throwing etc; 2) the headspace becomes a variable.

Therefore, the springs and retention plate were ditched, the pin was removed, breech and the whole part of new barrel that is inside the receiver was milled with almost zero tolerances and fitted into the receiver tightly from the breech to the "lip" at the end of the receiver. The barrel has a exact drillout for the pin from the upper side, so it has been pressed back in, and is additionaly fixed by a stronger screw directly from the bottom. It fits so tightly that the screw is almost unnecessary, only acts as a backup now.

Was it worth it? For me, absolutely yes. I never inteded to switch between different calibers, the rifle was meant to be a precise 22LR competition repeater from the beginning, so I dont mind that it lost the ability to do so in the process. Apart from that, nothing was irreversible changed to the receiver itself, so I still can revert every modification done and stick the original barrel if I would want to.

PS: As for the barrel, I do not know if every Quad out there has this problem, it might be just me and my lemon piece from the friday night shift, but i strongly recommend to all of you here running stock quads with stock barrels to just remove the barrel screw and check the wobble / play. You might end up surprised. As for the stock bedding, the Range stock is an absolute tragedy from the factory regarding this (words of my GS) and simply needs to be modified and bedded if the rifle is meant to shoot seriously.

Reactions: Hegre
New glass fitted, spike feet on, 2022 Season ready!

View attachment 7830017
I bought one of the first guns in the states and bought all the barrels. I waited 8-9 mo this for it to get to my local gun shop. Me and my kids love that gun. Wish they still made it. I kick myself for not buying a range. Beautiful gun you have there.

Sadly, I sold my Quad about 6 months ago. It was for a good cause, my niece needed to get out from under some crushing
medical debt.
She was stricken with endometriosis. It's one of those girl problems. Poor kid had every symptom of having had a stroke.
I had to laugh as she frantically put on lip gloss before we took her hospital room photo...... Dummmmm girl looks better without it.

Maybe in the future the guy would sell it back to me. ;-)

If any of you guy's happen to be left handed and like Tikka's, MGWs has these in stock.

Attachments

• 67417408_2270440859740597_7883694595324772352_o.jpg
    67417408_2270440859740597_7883694595324772352_o.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 71
  • S2429617-2x.jpg
    S2429617-2x.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The season never stops :)
20220306_113421.jpg

I recommend to add a washer under that spike with epoxy. It will help keep it from digging in by a lot!
20220318_201539.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, I sold my Quad about 6 months ago. It was for a good cause, my niece need to get out from under some medical debt.
She was stricken with endometriosis. It's one of those girl problems. Poor kid had every symptom of having had a stroke.
I had to laugh as she frantically put on lip gloss in her first photo...... Dummmmm girl looks better without it.

Maybe in the future the guy would sell it back to me. ;-)

If any of you guy's happen to be left handed and like Tikka's, MGWs has these in stock.
I saw some items on GB that you were selling , good of you to help out , I want one of those stocks in right hand !!!!!
Or a finfire range , or quad range !!!!!!

Hoyt,
I was on the Mid West Gunworks ( MWG ) site today, all of the right hand Tikka stocks are gone.

Britt is my favorite niece so helping her was no burden at all. I have few other nieces and nephews that have that entitlement
attitude and I would leave them to their own devices. Bratt's !!! It's really sad to see them grow up that way.

I'm about to sell some more guns ... this time for my needs.

I saw some items on GB that you were selling , good of you to help out , I want one of those stocks in right hand !!!!!
Or a finfire range , or quad range !!!!!!

Attachments

• ANS 1416 THUMB HOLE.jpg
    ANS 1416 THUMB HOLE.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 83
  • ANS 64R 1.jpg
    ANS 64R 1.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210802_215858.jpg
    20210802_215858.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 69
I had found mgw awhile back and they only had the left , no more sako range stocks ,no more sako range imports , I had a guy a couple of hours from me that had a sako range but his schedule didn’t match the weekend we were supposed to finalize the sale and he sold to someone else a couple of days later
Is that a 1903 in the box ???? Pm if you sell it

The Quad Ranges have been increasing in list price of our gunshops during last two years. I bought the rifle at 1460€, now, the price is over 1600. I do not know about the situation in the US, but when I visit the Sako website, i no longer see Quad listed there, only as Legacy model. That might indicate that they are gone for good. Perhaps (unlikely tho...) we will see a new, proper Sako Rimfire in the future. The dream of 22LR TRG lives on :ROFLMAO:

Sorry to hear about your niece problems, you did the right thing. Wish the healthcare system in the US was different.

The season never stops :)
View attachment 7830265
I recommend to add a washer under that spike with epoxy. It will help keep it from digging in by a lot!
View attachment 7830277

What on earth do you wear when you lie down in that snow? :D Like, i do not mind being cold but being wet and cold, thats another story.

@Easa what glass is that? Looking good and ready to go

The glass is Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50x56 HD SFP. Extremely fine reticle DLS-1 and turret adjustment 0.05 MRAD. 34mm Tube. I do not know if Delta scopes are sold in the US, but if not, Delta is an European, Polish based company, they do their designs here but the manufacturing is done in China (for the low end models) and Japan for their better models. This is de-facto their flagship scope. The cost is about 1750 to 1900 EUR, i had it for 1650, and for the price, it is probably the best bang for buck you can do. It has a very clear ED glass, optical quality is on par with some S&Bs that are almost twice the price (i had the chance to compare). We will see about the reliability, but they have a good track record here.

Does it mean that the Sako Quad barrels are not as accurate? Anyways, this is what I've shot yesterday at 55y/50m with Lapua Center X. Dispersion is about 12mm. Will try more ammo. I try to avoid even thinking about Lilja, because it is very difficult to get one here. You guys pay like 500 dollars for it, for me here, with all the paperwork and bureaucracy it would be more like 1200$.

If the lilja is expensive to get where you are it might be cheaper to get a KS arms blank from Canada. They shoot excellent. Have a new rimfire blank going to be chambered up once action arrive

This is my SAKO that I recently sold. The mount is an AREA 419 that clamps onto the dove tail. The clamp design eliminates the
possibility of damaging the gun with set screws. You cant see it but It also had an ACE trigger shoe fitted. I believe it's trigger spring was
also replaced with a lighter one. Any parts removed were kept and transferred to her new owner.

I was never able to snag a SAKO Finnfire P94S Range Sporter which I find to be a very handsome rifle. The P94S is a single extractor
finger bolt design. This one was on GB some time ago.

Anyone looking at a nicer scope like the Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50x56 HD SFP may want to look at the Trijicon Ten Mile
5 x 50 x 56. They have some very nice creature comforts like the tool less zero set. It's has zero stop for windage and elevation.
They focus clearly at 9 yards even while at 50 power. The phto is from my phone camera but the scope has the same resolution
at 9 yards. You can see the card stock texture and tiny hairs from the torn paper pulp.

I have never regretted buying nicer high end equipment.... Any financial sting is soon forgotten.
I bought the first one from B&H Photo primarily because they offer a 30 day, on your gun test drive policy.
It was so nice that I bought the second one 30 to 60 days later.

Laying in the snow looks like a job for card board. ;-)

Easa, that appears to be a very nice bedding job! Is that bedding reversible?

Attachments

• 10 YARDS CLAIRITY CHECK.jpg
    10 YARDS CLAIRITY CHECK.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 77
  • PAPER TEXTURE IN BLACK AREA.jpg
    PAPER TEXTURE IN BLACK AREA.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 62
  • $2000.00 EACH.jpg
    $2000.00 EACH.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 45
  • FINNFIRE P94S BOLT FACE AND EXTRACTOR FINGER.jpg
    FINNFIRE P94S BOLT FACE AND EXTRACTOR FINGER.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 108
  • FINNFIRE P94S RANGE SPORTER.jpg
    FINNFIRE P94S RANGE SPORTER.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20201106_191555.jpg
    20201106_191555.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Easa and Near miss
68 Hoyt,

My SH connection is always very slow and often has problems. I am having no success with getting you a PM.
Could you please email me? My glider photo may be helpful.
[email protected]

The Anschutz is NIB and is labeled 64R. It is virtually Identical to my 1903 single shot except it is set up in
a repeater configuration. She came factory drilled and tapped with filler screws ready to mount.
Here is a different photo showing the trigger, mag well and the factory installed extended magazine release.
I was surprised when I found the 1416 thumb hole and the beaver tail were not factory tapped.

The extended magazine release is a $75.00 option but I have them on all of my other Annie's because they are
so darn pleasant to use. I retain the factory release for the next caretaker.

The scope rails are a screw down DIP type. Bob made them custom for me, they are longer out the front and the rear.
It is now a standard product. I believe it is called the Scout. The ACE trigger shoe is just the icing on the cake of an
already fine trigger. I had the brakes made custom as well. They are .75" at the barrel and have an .860" OD.

I use an ugly Limb Saver on the butt to keep it from slipping around. The factory butt plate is a fairly smooth plastic.

END.....

Attachments

• LIMBSAVER  AS ANTI-SLIP FEATURE.jpg
    LIMBSAVER AS ANTI-SLIP FEATURE.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 52
  • ACE TRIGGER SHOE # 24.jpg
    ACE TRIGGER SHOE # 24.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 58
  • EXTENDED MAG RELEASE AND ACE TRIGGER SHOE  #24 AND SCREW DOWN DIP SCOPE RAIL.jpg
    EXTENDED MAG RELEASE AND ACE TRIGGER SHOE #24 AND SCREW DOWN DIP SCOPE RAIL.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 59
  • ANS 1416 BT.jpg
    ANS 1416 BT.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ANS 64R 2.jpg
    ANS 64R 2.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 61
  • FALCON 195 & EMAIL.JPG
    FALCON 195 & EMAIL.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: RwP
It's difficult to see but the Anschutz trigger shoe shown in post #133 has a crown and serrations. It feels very nice.

I also use the ACE trigger shoe #21 on my CZ457s. A #22 works but is a snug fit. An Anarchy Outdoors aluminum extended
magazine release makes mag withdrawal virtually seamless . A pinching motion between your thumb and index finger
and out the magazine is out.
No more digging for the stubby factory or DIP release that is only 2mm longer.
I liked the AREA 419 bolt knob but the Vudoo knob was slightly longer and has a nicer feel.
I don't recall if the Vudoo needed a 5/16ths -24 to M6 thread converter.... here it is in any case.

Attachments

• 20210121_154630.jpg
    20210121_154630.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 80
  • AA EXT MAG REL.jpg
    AA EXT MAG REL.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 59
  • LUMLEY .3125 - 24 TO M6 THREAD CONVERTER.jpg
    LUMLEY .3125 - 24 TO M6 THREAD CONVERTER.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 47
The Quad Ranges have been increasing in list price of our gunshops during last two years. I bought the rifle at 1460€, now, the price is over 1600. I do not know about the situation in the US, but when I visit the Sako website, i no longer see Quad listed there, only as Legacy model. That might indicate that they are gone for good. Perhaps (unlikely tho...) we will see a new, proper Sako Rimfire in the future. The dream of 22LR TRG lives on :ROFLMAO:
Sako will be producing 308 AR for FDF and Sweden now so I doubt they have much capacity for anything other. So Quad is gone for some time, because after that they have other orders to catch up.
What on earth do you wear when you lie down in that snow? :D Like, i do not mind being cold but being wet and cold, thats another story.
Well when its over -5C just a pair of combat trousers will do, they get little wet but dry quick. Under -5C I might wear doubles and it is gtg to -15C. Depending on wind.

That day I had only jeans (just the backyard of a family member, we got stuck there instead of going to woods) so I took shots squatting, testing some old eley being sold for cheap. Worked great, except one for one misfire.

Wetness is a passing condition :)

If the lilja is expensive to get where you are it might be cheaper to get a KS arms blank from Canada. They shoot excellent. Have a new rimfire blank going to be chambered up once action arrive

It is a solved thing for a long time now, we used a Lothar Walther Match grade blank. Also, there is now option to use Bix n Andy barrel blanks which should be on par with Krieger etc, but I am happy with mine.

I was never able to snag a SAKO Finnfire P94S Range Sporter which I find to be a very handsome rifle. The P94S is a single extractor
finger bolt design. This one was on GB some time ago.

Easa, that appears to be a very nice bedding job! Is that bedding reversible?

Oh I would definitely grab a P94S Range if I had the opportunity, but to my knowledge they were never sold in my country. I keep looking out for them on AT and DE used gun sites though. This week I almost ended up with a unicorn that has probably never made it to the States, an Anschutz 1907 Rep., yes, a repeater based on 1907 action with 10 shot magazine and a very sweet blue laminate stock. They were done in an extremely limited production run. Unfortunately, I was late and the seller sold it before I had the chance.

Bedding is not reversible, pillars are now the part of the stock and so is the epoxy. Could be milled out, but why would anybody do that right.

Sako will be producing 308 AR for FDF and Sweden now so I doubt they have much capacity for anything other. So Quad is gone for some time, because after that they have other orders to catch up.

This sucks. Like, I am happy that Sako has an army contract as they keep the brand alive, but if the CZ can have a whole portfolio of 457 rimfires, it is sad that we only have T1X to choose if we want a Finnish gun.

================================================

Little update, took the rifle out for the classic 50m biathlon range where i shoot mostly. Weather was great, warm and sunny but boy what a windy day. Wind kept changing every few seconds so the groups were nothing to brag about, apart for one 10 shot group that was all fitted in a hole with 10mm diameter. I used SK Rifle Match ammo, as the brass and bullets are same to Lapua. No rear rest, only bipod with spikes. OOOH BUT THOSE SPIKES, what a game changer they are! No more movement upon bipod loading! Praise the spikes, totally recommend if you shoot on anything other than concrete.

> New scope has a little bit different eyebox, i found out that I need to be about 1-2 centimeters back on the stock, so i ordered the butt spacers for TRG / TAC A1, it is the same part.

> Also found out that I only use about 1/3 surface of the buttstock in my arm, completely forgot that it can also be moved vertically, after adjustment it is noticeably better fitting into my prone stance.

> Ordered one more 10 round magazine just for the peace of mind.

To do list:

Order a firing pin, an extractor assembly and probably even magwell to have some spare parts as I do not know how long they will be available.

Last thing, some photo spam as always. My shooting buddy all new 457 AT-ONE and "Krivan" (which can be roughly translated to Crooked) , a mountain that is sort of our national symbol in background. Elevation 2 495m :)

20220320_153008.jpg

20220320_145045.jpg

20220326_151344.jpg

20220326_152744.jpg

Seeing this thread get resurrected got me thinking about taking my FinnFire Range and Quad Range out.

I need to get a Sterk bolt handle asap and also can't seem to find a DIP rail.

In the past, I used the 11mm to Weaver adaptors from J&P, but they're so tall that even with lower rings, the scope just seems way too high...

If all goes according to plan, I'll be shooting my Quad later today and most likely in a modified silhouette match tomorrow.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Seeing this thread get resurrected got me thinking about taking my FinnFire Range and Quad Range out.

I need to get a Sterk bolt handle asap and also can't seem to find a DIP rail.

In the past, I used the 11mm to Weaver adaptors from J&P, but they're so tall that even with lower rings, the scope just seems way too high...

If all goes according to plan, I'll be shooting my Quad later today and most likely in a modified silhouette match tomorrow.
Just get an AI dovetail mount, knock the roll pin out and mount it up. Like this:

Reactions: Rolltide
Or buy a Spuhr SA3601 / SA4601 like I did :) Having cleaned the gun after last session, today I am going to hit the range again to foul up the barrel before match. Will post result.

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't really think of this!

I assume there are no issues with fired rounds hitting the mount?
I don't specifically know. I think I had a DIP base on my Sako but I have used these AI dovetail bases on a lot of different 11mm dovetail actions. They work great!

I've used AI Dovetail mounts on my Sakos (Finnfire and Quads) and Anshutz 22rf. They run like a champ and there are several MOA cants (0,18,28,45MOA) and scope ring sizes (30mm,34mm) available. You can usually find them here on the hide for a very reasonable price.

Competition report again. Finished #3rd out of 17 shooters with one noticeably weaker round and three errors that were purely my fault. Lack of sleep took its toll. The better shooters that I have managed to beat back in the first competition were not present, otherwise I would probably end up a bit lower in the chart.

20220528_172331.jpg

Next there will be a special two day competition event in the couple of weeks and two more in July. BixnAndy trigger is still tempting me.

Good morning Hide,

Yesterday visit at the range. This was shot prone with bipod, no rear bag or support other than my arm. No windage flags, wind mild to none. Distance 50 meters / 55 yards. Paper size is A3. Scope set at 18x. Sighters were shot with SK Standard Plus, Competition targets with Lapua X-ACT. Apart from the #12 and #13 i am quite OK with the result. What is your opinion? Is it bad or not?

I have noticed that the rifle itself is actually quite laser precise and is 100% able to stay within the inner circle (like #6, #9, #11,#25) when i shot other targets with rear support, the problem with vertical dispersion lies in my breathing. When sightining in, I see how my breath and heartbeat moves the scope on the target. Then, I do not breathe consistently and tend to hold breath for longer that I should. Also, I have noticed that my trigger pull has a noticeable impact on accuracy. When I pull the trigger with just the tip of my finger, and I really mean the last few milimeters of finger, I have noticeably better groups horizontally. As for the former, that could hopefully be improved with training my breath and some physical exercises, but what about the other part? Is there anything that I can do, or I am doomed to buy the BixnAndy? :D

Two other things:

=> I do not have the lever to lock my Harris bipod and prevent it from tilting, so there is another movement that I need to adjust after every reload. Do you have a tip on which lever to purchase? Something that is not made out of cheapest plastic.

=> Thought about adding some kind of padded leather "pillow" on rear end, bottom side of the stock, to flatten out the stock shape and get something simiar to CZ457 MPR stock. Thoughts about that?

20220607_181651.jpg

This was a training for the two day competition that I have mentioned, there will be three stages with two of them having paper targets like these at 50 meters, third one will be shot at silouettes and gongs @ 100 meters. This saturday I am finally visiting a 100 meter range to train for it and sight in the rifle.

Some fun from the saturday range visit. We took rifles all the way back to skeet & trap stage, from here it is 150m / 165yd to the end of range. Target was a 2" steel plate. Quite windy day. Fired 30 shots, 27 were successful.

20220611_112303.jpg

Another victory run. 50/100m Sniper competition, prone position. Considering that I was competiting against target rifles like Anschutz 1913 Supermatch, 64 MPR / MSR, Vostok SM-2 and Suhl 150 fitted with everything from Bushnell to March and guys who normally shoot centerfire LR/ELR with 10k rigs, I consider this a success.

20220716_164311.jpg