• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG M10

I own an AW, AWSM and a TRG 22. Never liked pistol grips or chassis due to ergonomics and weight. Although i like the TRG trigger better, the stock fits me better, i always regarded the AW just a little more rugged due to the backbone going from the front right to the back. I mean you could ruin almost everything on that rifle and still be able to shoot it.

Considered myself done with purchases, last week i was able to handle a M10. Good lord, those were the best ergonomics i have ever seen. To a point where i'd consider it help me improve shooting from different positions way better than the other ones. I am still very impressed, immediately requested price for a 300 winmag including 308 kit. About 13 000 Euro. Thats a lot of bucks going down the road.

I would not have to worry about breaking the plastic aswell since there simply is none. Its the first time i handled something equalling the ruggedness of the AW including caliber changes. Was allowed to make a barrel change and handle it for quiet a while.

Christ give me strength....or rather give my wife strength to handle the sight of me entering the house with that rifle knowing the price tag. Honestly dont know how long i can resist...

Only reason keeping me away from that at the moment is i told myself its better to use one platform and simply practice. Instead of having 20 rifles i rather buy ammo and go shooting as much as i can. Thats a lot of ammo for 13 000 there...

Was told it takes about 1 year to arrive.

On a serious note, couldnt shoot one yet, judging from what i have seen, this is the best rifle to me personally up to this day.

Cheers

Daniel

I own an AW, AWSM and a TRG 22. Never liked pistol grips or chassis due to ergonomics and weight. Although i like the TRG trigger better, the stock fits me better, i always regarded the AW just a little more rugged due to the backbone going from the front right to the back. I mean you could ruin almost everything on that rifle and still be able to shoot it.

Considered myself done with purchases, last week i was able to handle a M10. Good lord, those were the best ergonomics i have ever seen. To a point where i'd consider it help me improve shooting from different positions way better than the other ones. I am still very impressed, immediately requested price for a 300 winmag including 308 kit. About 13 000 Euro. Thats a lot of bucks going down the road.

I would not have to worry about breaking the plastic aswell since there simply is none. Its the first time i handled something equalling the ruggedness of the AW including caliber changes. Was allowed to make a barrel change and handle it for quiet a while.

Christ give me strength....or rather give my wife strength to handle the sight of me entering the house with that rifle knowing the price tag. Honestly dont know how long i can resist...

Only reason keeping me away from that at the moment is i told myself its better to use one platform and simply practice. Instead of having 20 rifles i rather buy ammo and go shooting as much as i can. Thats a lot of ammo for 13 000 there...

On a serious note, couldnt shoot one yet, judging from what i have seen, this is the best rifle to me personally up to this day.

Cheers

Daniel
No doubt. If I could choose any single "lottery rifle".. hands down its gotta be the M10.
What a beast of a machine

Reactions: DKN83
I was looking for one rifle to use All the time. Sattler with the AW/AWSM. Right now the M10 seems to be exactly that. Just cant part with the AIs. Impossible. The AW is just too outstanding to part with.

As you say, absolute beast of a rifle😍

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

Cheers

Daniel
I found one for substantially less than 13K Euro. Christ declined to give me strength and I am divorced so..... They are around used if you look. It is a very nice platform. I love shooting it. It fits me well. The Sako trigger is hard to beat.
The downside is that all the accessories are quite expensive. There are very few aftermarket parts. You are locked into the calibers Sako provides unless you sacrifice a barrel or are lucky enough to find barrel extensions.
Try one of the newer AI rifles before you pull the trigger on an M10. If they fit you you may be better off.
Having said this, I love the M10 and do not regret the purchase. I still have not managed to sell my other rifles, maybe one day.
Hope this helps

I found one for substantially less than 13K Euro. Christ declined to give me strength and I am divorced so..... They are around used if you look. It is a very nice platform. I love shooting it. It fits me well. The Sako trigger is hard to beat.
The downside is that all the accessories are quite expensive. There are very few aftermarket parts. You are locked into the calibers Sako provides unless you sacrifice a barrel or are lucky enough to find barrel extensions.
Try one of the newer AI rifles before you pull the trigger on an M10. If they fit you you may be better off.
Having said this, I love the M10 and do not regret the purchase. I still have not managed to sell my other rifles, maybe one day.
Hope this helps
Pictures dude
We need Pictures

• Haha
Reactions: DKN83 and brianf
Hope this helps
Was hoping you jump in and share your experience. Do you carry it around for hunting aswell? Yes the accessories are expensive, dont need much though so thats ok. I restricted myself to 223, 308, 300 winmag and 338LM anyways so thats that.

No problem sticking with Sako barrels aswell. I tried the AXMC and like the M10 way more to be honest. Prefer the AW/AT series.

Sold all the Tikkas and dont look back. Should have gone that route from the start, would have saved me a lot of money.

Cheers

@NoLegs24 Matt at Sawtooth came through and made several different length ARCA rails for the M10. They turned out great and make the rifle handle way better on a bag.

Attachments

• B0CBAB28-309A-4119-A032-9AD9B13D2728.jpeg
    B0CBAB28-309A-4119-A032-9AD9B13D2728.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 99
  • E236BB3E-0A70-4CB9-88F0-3532376B3F49.jpeg
    E236BB3E-0A70-4CB9-88F0-3532376B3F49.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 81431994-DAB0-43E4-98DE-A8FBA7AF8E08.jpeg
    81431994-DAB0-43E4-98DE-A8FBA7AF8E08.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 117
Was hoping you jump in and share your experience. Do you carry it around for hunting aswell? Yes the accessories are expensive, dont need much though so thats ok. I restricted myself to 223, 308, 300 winmag and 338LM anyways so thats that.

No problem sticking with Sako barrels aswell. I tried the AXMC and like the M10 way more to be honest. Prefer the AW/AT series.

Sold all the Tikkas and dont look back. Should have gone that route from the start, would have saved me a lot of money.

Cheers
I don't carry it for hunting. It is fairly heavy for that application. If you are good with 308, 300 Win mag, and 338 there is no reason for you not to do it.
6.5CM and 300 Norma mag are also available. I wish I could get a 223 kit, I would sell my Tikka m595 and my TRG 22 and have just the M10. At some point I may see if someone can make a 223 kit for the M10.
Anyone using the TRG bipod adapter from finnacuracy?

Cheers
I was for a bit. It is good prone but adds too much length to the rifle to shoot off a bench. It sits at the very end of the rifle. There is no way to move it further back. It is nicely made. Good fit/finish. If you like the TRG bipod and you shoot prone go for it!

Pictures dude
We need Pictures
As requested.
This started life as one of the black 20" 308s that Eurooptic was selling. It is wearing a 26" 308 barrel. It really loves 185 Juggernauts and 175 TMKs. I have most of the other calibers. I will be spending tomorrow working up a 300 Norma load. The Paint was done by the mighty Shortbus. The rifle shoots way better than I do.

Attachments

• IMG_6780.jpg
    IMG_6780.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 117
  • M10-2.jpeg
    M10-2.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 112
  • M10-1.jpeg
    M10-1.jpeg
    678.7 KB · Views: 108
As requested.
This started life as one of the black 20" 308s that Eurooptic was selling. It is wearing a 26" 308 barrel. It really loves 185 Juggernauts and 175 TMKs. I have most of the other calibers. I will be spending tomorrow working up a 300 Norma load. The Paint was done by the mighty Shortbus. The rifle shoots way better than I do.
Fckn beautiful..

The M10 is the Ferrari Laferrari of rifles - absolutely gorgeous with every single aspect/feature having an eye toward performance...

FWIW I'd also put the Steyr SSG M1 in the same top tier as the Sako.. :love:

1699983060921.png

As requested.
Here is how it looked before Shortbus's paint job. He is a magician.

Attachments

• M10-Blk.jpg
    M10-Blk.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 79
Anyone using the TRG bipod adapter from finnacuracy?

Cheers

I bought the finnaccuracy TRG bipod adapter For a precision AR (since I already had the TRG bipod).
Used it once but didn’t like it in that application. Ordered a thunderbeast bipod instead.
if anyone wants to buy a like new finnaccuracy TRG bipod picatinny adapter Pm me.

Reactions: DKN83
With the prices of the AI now up to m10 level

Anyone have both with a opinion on which they’d keep and which they’d sell

Have a few AI’s but the safe does have a spot for the m10

Thanks

Ending up getting one of these earlier this year... still in the box, need to get it setup and out for a run.

Don't remember what color it was :)

Steyr SSG is ok rifle, but i would not put it on the same level with the M10.
Trigger is not as good, and the action, just not the feel what Sako has.
View attachment 8308747

Reactions: viking78
Well according to that AI post the other day... it's going in the 20 yarder!

M10(s) are certainly nice weapons and with the Beretta blow out sales a few times a year, barrels and parts are super cheap. Think I'm up to about 8/9 conversion kits for my two M10(s)!

Thanks

Well according to that AI post the other day... it's going in the 20 yarder!

M10(s) are certainly nice weapons and with the Beretta blow out sales a few times a year, barrels and parts are super cheap. Think I'm up to about 8/9 conversion kits for my two M10(s)!
Can’t deal with you…lol

AXMC/AXSR or M10 if buying another ?

Can’t deal with you…lol

AXMC/AXSR or M10 if buying another ?
Probably the AXSR as getting anything from Beretta is a long ass wait. That 2nd M10 I picked up was nearly a full year wait. Just don't understand why/how they won't fulfill orders for SAKO in some timely manner.

Reactions: brianf
Probably the AXSR as getting anything from Beretta is a long ass wait. That 2nd M10 I picked up was nearly a full year wait. Just don't understand why/how they won't fulfill orders for SAKO in some timely manner.
I’m still trying to figure out how they aren’t making r700 chassis.

Makes sense that’s been the issue with m10’s from day 1.

Does it feel as big as a MC, sometimes that feels like big brick

In general, I'd say it's a slicker/slimmer package. Not clunky at all.

I’m still trying to figure out how they aren’t making r700 chassis.

Makes sense that’s been the issue with m10’s from day 1.

Does it feel as big as a MC, sometimes that feels like big brick

Thanks
Had exactly the same Situation. I bought another oldschool green TRG 22.

Reasons:

I dont like to change calibers, nor do i have the need, since i already own an AW in 308 and an AWSM in 338LM.
I sold most of my rifles and try to practice as much as possible to improve my skills. Working with as few as possible different platforms payed off.

I have no need for heavy weight chassis, i can still add everything needed on my TRG or AI by using picatinny rails.

Prefer the grip of the TRG 22/AI thumbhole over a pistol grip. Although it was the first rifle i could get comfortable behind with a pistol grip.

The bolt handle of the M10 is great!

Disadvantages i have to live with by taking that decision:

Nowhere near the ease of adjustability the M10 has. Screws everywhere and tools needed while you need nothing on the M10.

More space needed when travelling obviously.

Now if i would not own the AIs, i would have bought the M10. One platform, 3 calibers. Since i would only have bought the 300wm version of the M10, the money would be wasted in my eyes.

Its a great platform, barrel changes are fairly easy, did it one time. Accuracy is crazy as expected, even after barrel changes. Ergonomics are great.

I am very restricted concerning space, plus as said above, i believe in improving your skills by working with less platforms. Thats why i stay with the AI and green TRGs. In the end i wasnt able to part with the AIs which i had to if i bought the M10.

If you need more Infos let me know.

Best regards

Daniel

This Haenel RS9 338 NM would be very interesting rifle too.
But not multical like Sako, or Steyr.
But the action is very smooth, and the trigger is awesome.
I would mod the rear stock cheek rest, if i would have money to buy one.
Awesome rifle to shoot, really like it.
HAENEL.jpg

My son was 13-teen, while this video was made, hi did liked the recoil of the 338NM :)

Last edited:
Looked into getting a Haenel... don't look likey here in the USA. 😞

This Haenel RS9 338 NM would be very interesting rifle too.
But not multical like Sako, or Steyr.
But the action is very smooth, and the trigger is awesome.
I would mod the rear stock cheek rest, if i would have money to buy one.
Awesome rifle to shoot, really like it.
View attachment 8309548

My son was 13-teen, while this video was made, hi did liked the recoil of the 338NM :)

Reactions: viking78
Had the Haenel, great accuracy and reliability. Way too expensive nowadays for what is offered. Price almost doubled when it was introduced to the german SOF...

If anyone is interested and would be able to offer a gunsmith who is willing to import i might be able to help out. Availability is very good over here.

Looked into getting a Haenel... don't look likey here in the USA. 😞
They have nice rifles.
They have very nice rifles, hunting and military use too.
If some importer in US would be interested, i bet they would sell.

Haenel is probably blocked by export regulations just as Sig Sauer was. Sig solved that by 'closing down' their LE/MIL production in Europe and moving it to the US. I doubt Haenel woul be interested in doing the same.

A Haenel CR308/6.5CM is on the top of my list if I can find the dough. And the only way I could manage that right now is to sell my TRG (to somewhat bring the thread back on topic).

So informal poll here. How many of you with M10s would be interested in a .223 conversion kit. I am going to ping a couple smiths to see if anyone would be willing to do one. They may be more interested if a few of us would want them. Don't forget, you would have to either find an extension or sacrifice one off an existing barrel. Also, we will have to sacrifice a bolt.

Last edited:
So informal poll here. How many of you with M10s would be interested in a .223 conversion kit. I am going to ping a couple smiths to see if anyone would be willing to do one. They may be more interested if a few of us would want them. Don't forget, you would have to either find an extension or sacrifice one off an existing barrel.
If you can have a smith make a bolt a extension is also on the table

I asked several smiths to make 6.5CMs for me a few years ago, but didn't have any luck. I'd be willing to sacrifice a few extensions for a 223 and 6.5CM. I think the 6.5CMs are available in Europe. I asked Beretta to import and they never got back to me. Also asked Eurooptic to ask and zero came of it.

I was able to get 6.5 barrels through eurooptic. It may take some time.
I think the 223 is going to be harder than getting a 6.5 done. Now that I actually think it through, the bolt face will need to be welded and recut. A magazine insert would need to be sorted out too. I will start asking at SAC. They did the conversions for desert tech.