Sako TRG M10

Mayvik

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
@NiemiPT awesome gun you have.

I own a black M10 in .308 and i recently ordered two caliber exchange sets, one in 6.5 Creedmore and one in .300 Norma Magnum. 🥳

Reactions: NiemiPT

Esoteric Junkie

Private
Belligerents
Aug 23, 2017
Yes! It would be lovely to have M10 here in Finland and service would be really good. Only problem is that we have quite restrictive licence policy and nowadays for some reason 338lm is difficult to get for hunting even though 338wm, 375h&h and some other quite similar heavy calibers are just fine.

Actually there is not so big difference between 338wm and 338lm but I would like to have that extra speed to make sure that TTSX or naturalis will open properly.
Shooting an M10 is a religious experience:)
EJ

Mayvik

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Where did you order caliber exchange sets?
I ordered the barrel exchange set here by my local gun store in the Netherlans, he will order it by the dutch supplier of Sako.

An exchange set costs €2100 that includes a complete bolt, magazine and barrel. because I ordered 2 sets I paid €4000 total.

Reactions: NiemiPT

NiemiPT

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
@NiemiPT awesome gun you have.

I own a black M10 in .308 and i recently ordered two caliber exchange sets, one in 6.5 Creedmore and one in .300 Norma Magnum. 🥳
It’s lovely gun 😍 I’m thinking about .308win caliber kit. Black would have been my choice too but I found this bit special two tone one and loved it!

NiemiPT

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
Yes! It would be lovely to have M10 here in Finland and service would be really good. Only problem is that we have quite restrictive licence policy and nowadays for some reason 338lm is difficult to get for hunting even though 338wm, 375h&h and some other quite similar heavy calibers are just fine.

Actually there is not so big difference between 338wm and 338lm but I would like to have that extra speed to make sure that TTSX or naturalis will open properly.
It took 3 months and few chats with chief of license office to get a license for this 😅 I had a good reasonings!

Silvan

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Feb 24, 2017
Texas
I ordered the barrel exchange set here by my local gun store in the Netherlans, he will order it by the dutch supplier of Sako.

An exchange set costs €2100 that includes a complete bolt, magazine and barrel. because I ordered 2 sets I paid €4000 total.
Interesting. I’ve never heard that 6.5 CM and .300NM already available for order.
Nothing is on Eurooptic

JustBC

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
I had been checking as well. Not that I NEED another caliber at this point 😂 I will ping Europtic and see what they say about availability in the US. The normal caliber kits here are $1600 or so.

Mayvik

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020

Here in the Netherlands we also have trouble with the 338LM, actually with all bullets larger than 8mm (I think they are dangerous 🙄) luckily there is the .300NM. when I requested the sets they had no answer they had to contact Sako first.
But it was no problem to order them.

Reactions: NiemiPT and Vargmat

Mayvik

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Everything from Sako is very expensive here, I'm a bit jealous of the US prices. but I knew that when I got the fantastic M10.
I don't regret it for a moment 🤪

Mayvik

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Such a nice gun! I need Atlas too. I’m not sure if I prefer PRS, CAL or 5H.
I have the PRS version because those legs cannot rotate, a friend of mine has the CAL version, I must say that it is very nice bipod. if i chose an atlas again i chose the CAL version.

I also recently ordered a Fortmeier bipod H210 12:00 model, another friend of mine has it on his Tikka Tac a1 and I must say that is a rock sollid pipod

NiemiPT

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
I have a Fortmeier too but I don't have a spigot for picatinny. I should get one.

Actually there is also Super CAL which could be suitable for M10. I prefer podlock lever more than tilt so CAL would be nicer for me.

Reactions: Mayvik

NiemiPT

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
TRG bipod would be one option. I feel that Harris is not that wide that I would like to have. It's not that stable under M10 and I would prefer wider bipod. It would be perfect to compare SCAL and 5H next to each other. I don't think that I need pan but I like the mount in 5H.

http://instagr.am/p/CC9mjSkl2IC/

Reactions: Mayvik