• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAPI or Shooter?

SAPI Medium or Shooter 10x12?

• Total voters
On paper the Shooter's Cut 10x12 (well, Swimmer's really) helps with -- well -- swimming and shouldering your rifle. On paper. Everyone's geometry is a bit different and you may go through a half-dozen or more plates until you find something that works for you.

I've been issued everything from ESAPIs to LTCs and Ceradynes as well as some goofier geometry plates by VelSys and always go back to Hesco's. 3810 or U210 minimum for sure.

Make sure you get multi-curves, they're a bit more comfortable, and it's likely the way I'm shaped and have been shooting but I'm fine with SAPI's. As long as you're investing in an equally quality carrier that fits you and your plate and wear the plate correctly (positioning the top of the plate right below the suprasternal notch) you should be fine.

Get side plates as well that match whatever main plates you get. Hesco pairs them off but as long as they're the right level of protection you will be fine.

You could get even crazier and look into a LAP plate (dickplate, the big triangle one), an abdominal plate, and/or something like the Crye Blast Belt which has soft armor to cover your mushier areas. I rock a blast belt because I dislike the queer 2-piece setups and like a good war belt I can spin around in a vehicle but anything other than an abdominal plate or a dangler worn inside the plate bag with an insert sucks ass in a vehicle.

The most important thing though is not getting shot. Conflict avoidance and all that.
^his last line is the best advice here. But also he speaks facts.

Reactions: BipThatInstance