• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sappy songs you like.....

I have listened to every one of these and moved some into my "sappy song" rotation.

With the last one being the Carpenters, I think really anything by them would qualify. Karen had such a fantastic voice, just amazing. But she had some very large issues, and some of those issues piled on others. I think she felt out of control of anything in her life, that was something she could control, and sadly it killed her. I think today it would be more easy for her to get the help she needed.

As we are on girls I will toss in another with fantastic pipes. And seen to do best with "sappy songs"

It's a popular Korean song and one of my favorite melodies. Four different renditions of One Million Roses.

With English lyrics:

When my dad returned from a tour of Thailand in '67, he brought my mom a Japanese black lacquered jewelry box that played this tune when opened. I would listen to the tune several times a day as I liked it so much.

About 10 years ago I happened across a video of some kids playing a game while singing a song, and I recognized the tune. My wife then told me who originally sang the song. Here it is. And yes, it's sappy.

This song reminds me of my grandfather, he passed away just after I turned 13 and to this day I have probably put more than 6,000 shells through his old Model 12. I’ve hunted with it, shot trap and sporting clays, Cowboy action shooting and even ran it for a 3-gun shotgun shoot. It’s still going strong at 76 years old with a titanium firing pin as it’s only replacement part.

He was a big pheasant hunter back when PA still had them but I was too young and I never did get to bird hunt with him. Once I get my new puppy trained that shotgun will be in my hands for her first hunt and I will absolutely be listening to that song on the drive out.

The opening day of rifle season here in PA is my favorite day of the year as it combines my two favorite things, hunting and shooting rifles. I’ve had so many good memories with family and friends from that weekend and this song just brings those back.

Reactions: Ichi
Ok, yeah....I'm 70 and still have daddy issues! haha...well, I actually do.

Reactions: Ichi