• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors sas .338 cans

Intrepid4576

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
Honesdale, PA, USA
they have a titanium and stainless steal versions weight is not a concern of mine so is there any reason besides weight to buy the more expensive titanium one?

My only real concerns are performance and reliability

I plan to use the QD version for which ever one i do get.

Ive been trying to call SAS and ask them but no one ever picks up
frown.gif
lol

Re: sas .338 cans

If it were me, and its not, I'd go with the titanium on the .338, went with that on my .30 can and couldn't be more pleased. I'm sure onechance will chime in on this but if he don't you might message him and he could tell you all about SAS products especially their .338 cans.

Sir, I will be glad to assist you with your questions on the SAS line. Mile High Shooting Accessories is a stocking distributor and handles SAS customer service now. Feel free to PM me or email with you phone # to discuss in further detail.

ok awesome thanks Stacey i actually did go to there website (milehighshooting) but they didnt have anything about the .338 cans

im fine with buying it threw MHS ive delt with them before and they have all ways been great and youve been a big help to me already with nothing to gain on your part - so yeah is there a difference between the titanium vs stainless steel besides weight? if this is an obvious and stupid question please forgive me im extremely new at everything regarding shooting / rifles and just trying my best to do it all correctly once

There is typically a difference in tone between SS and Ti. You would have to listen to each one to know which you prefer.

The weight difference is actually a pretty big issue. The more weight you hang off the end of the barrel, the more it will drop your poa. I run a 38 oz Ti can and I loose about 3moa at 100 yards.

Lighter is definitely better.

Understand and we will be glad to assist. The information and website is under work as we speak, a new one will be up as soon as possible and completed by the designer. Here are some spec's and differences on the two SAS .338 suppressors in question:
1. SAS Phoenix .338 SS, 304 SS
-Overal size 1.75x10.5"
-weight 38oz
-average 37.5db reduction
-price: $975.00 for Direct Connect, $1075.00 for Muzzle brake thread over
***there is currently no QD option for this model

2. SAS Vengeance .338 TI QD
-Overal size 1.75x10.5"
-weight 20oz
-average 37.5db reduction
-price: $1295.00 for Muzzle brake thread over, $1495.00 for QD model

Weight is obviously 1st off, price difference and connection method. I have run both and honestly I would never own another SS .338 can, simply to heavy. All the muzzle brakes are $125.00ea, so there is no difference there. We offer in both the Thread over muzzle brake and QD muzzle brake's, the following thread patterns:
-5/8x24
-3/4x24
-M18x1.0
-M18x1.5

So between the two, I would highly recommend the TI model over the SS hands down and you can use it on other weapons with the appropriate muzzle brake setups as well. As mentioned there is a tone difference between SS and TI, but on these models and design, not enough to tell IMHO. Once you put a TAB Gear SAS cover, its all the same. Hope this helps and we have several of these in stock, just depending on what design you decide to go with.

I bought 3 sas ti cans from mile high. I was a AAc and surefire guy BUT these are damned nice cans! Cant go wrong with them!

Ok i dont know what the treading names means. I have a AI AW .338 lapua rifle with what ive been told is the stock AI threading - what threading is that? and will it work?

based on what youve said it seems ill be going with the titanium QD set up - i thought they both had QD so thats a big deciding factor for me

The AI AWSM .338 you have can have one of two different muzzle brakes, either the AI Standard Magnum muzzle brake (pictured below) and threaded M18x1.5.
AWSMMBSide.jpg

The other could be the SAS QD muzzle brake, threaded with 3/4x24 threads. (pictured below)
IMG_1941.jpg

Either way we can attach one of these suppressor models.

Wow, 20oz is seriously impressive for a can that size! Is that a confirmed weight or advertised? To be a whole 5oz lighter than a 338P-1 with the same Ti construction is crazy. I guess the TBAC is 0.05 larger diameter so possibly thicker wall tubing.