• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 elite precision

I called Savage today about the extraction / ejection issues (yes it seems to have both issues randomly) and they played "dumb" offered to send me a replacement stock ejector kit. If the original doesn't work, WHY would the replacement work? I could see if this is a one-off issue, but many people are having this issue. I told the customer service guy (who was very nice) I have my own solution, pass it up the chain of command I'll NEVER buy another Savage rifle.

If you think I'm being a little harsh, Im NOT. To me we all make mistakes (including myself) but what matters to me is how the mistake was handled and rectified. Savage doesn't seem to care about this issue because it's been going on for years (google it) so I'll continue to buy guns in the future, just NOT a Savage.
Sometimes if one part is out of spec they make the other part out of spec to compensate for it. For instance is the ejector well is bored too deep by .001" they make send you a slightly long ejector by .002" and that puts you back into spec. Just a guess. I had some issues with krg bravo chassis not feeding correctly and luckily they make and sell an oversized mag catch lever. I bought that and sized it myself and now it works great!

Reactions: LOF
649F913A-CC71-4F31-9572-01BDAB2CA769.jpeg

The above is my receiver, and the other images are of the EGW rail that came with it, and the badger ordinance rail that is supposed to fit. As you can see, the badger rail has a recoil lug, but the design of the action doesn’t have a gap above the ejection port. So the recoil lug won’t allow the rail to fit flush. And, the screws that came with the rail are too small for the holes on the receiver. I’m thinking I just drill out the holes on the new rail to accept the larger screws.

Attachments

• 2313BBD4-0DE1-4F96-BDAD-3850E1ACF892.jpeg
    2313BBD4-0DE1-4F96-BDAD-3850E1ACF892.jpeg
    742 KB · Views: 61
  • FFEBA0A3-39D5-4535-B070-78D527F18682.jpeg
    FFEBA0A3-39D5-4535-B070-78D527F18682.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 28BF3666-23A8-4BDD-B858-066917E03483.jpeg
    28BF3666-23A8-4BDD-B858-066917E03483.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I bought the one for the Savage 110, Long action, Accutrigger model. The only other one that may fit would be the "Lapua only" or the 110 BA stealth maybe. Curios if anyone else has switched out the EGW Rail or just stuck with it.

I just bought a 110 elite precision 6.5 CM. Still waiting on accessories to add to it. After all is said and done, the unit will be worth around $6k. That I have seen, most people who have competition rifles have said their rifles are worth about the same amount. Of course, there are much more expensive rifles. I will expect very competitive groups at whatever range/distance I will be competing at. If not, I will correct the problem. Gotta start somewhere. I believe the 110 elite is a good start
You’re spending 6k on a $200 action?

Reactions: b6graham
I just bought a 110 elite precision 6.5 CM. Still waiting on accessories to add to it. After all is said and done, the unit will be worth around $6k. That I have seen, most people who have competition rifles have said their rifles are worth about the same amount. Of course, there are much more expensive rifles. I will expect very competitive groups at whatever range/distance I will be competing at. If not, I will correct the problem. Gotta start somewhere. I believe the 110 elite is a good start
$6k in a Savage!!??

I hope that’s counting an atacr, ZCO, tt or S&B as an optic

All in all I guess I have learned from these treads that the quality of Savage rifles seems to be inconsistent. They seem accurate but I keep reading about folks who have had/are having irresolvable issues. I am glad I have not experienced any of this stuff as while the action I have is not as smooth as a custom gun it feeds and extracts/ejects flawlessly. Sucks that some have been turned off but I guess Savage has that coming by not resolving stuff with good customer service - any contact I have had with Savage has been exemplary so I guess that is inconsistent as well.

I have always said that if I build another precision rifle I'd probably start with another Savage (Gaad I want to run a .338 LM) but now I feel like I'd be rolling the dice. No one needs inconsistency but I'm afraid this kind of thing is going to be with us going forward in factory guns as I have read the same stuff about Ruger Precision Rifles. Most are fine - some just seem to defy being put right.

VooDoo
I have two Savage rifles, a 110 and a 93R17 (17HMR ). Both are accurate( Very ) and have functioned flawlessly. I have no personal reason not to be a Savage fan. Customer service AFTER the sale IMO is absolutely crucial for long term company success ( or failure ). The American consumer is very tolerant of issues with manufactured products IF the company deals effectively and on a timely basis with said issues. Problems with Savage magazines/feeding/ extraction/ejection have been well documented for a LONG time. They apparently continue to be, even in the face of Savage`s knowledge of them. One can only conclude that Savage senior leadership just flat damn doesn`t care. Not instilling a company goal to deal with these issues is a great way to ensure declining repeat sales.

Savage isn`t alone. It`s a damn good thing Tikka/Sako manufacture fine quality rifles because Beretta customer service is among the very worst in the firearms industry, probably far worse than Savage.