• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage arms....Ill never own another savage!

Savage arms....Ill never own another savage!
Been saying that for years, Fucking JUNK!

Remington Arms...I'll never own another Remington! Been saying that for years, F'ing junk! ANy company that would not replace a defective trigger on its 700 line for nearly 4 decades because doing so would admit it was wrong and caused numerous AD deaths...nope I just cant do business with such a company...

I dunno. I kind of find some of this kind of ----, well-----, entertaining. The OP will never be convinced that he's wrong in any way. The rest will continue to poke him just to see what his next response will be. Like I said. kind of entertaining to read on a slow day. Apparently others agree as there are now 93 posts on a topic that was doomed from the start.

(typed while prepping for a colonoscopy and enjoying some reading material while on the throne. Call me "king for a day" :) Expect to be here for hours so keep the posts coming :) :))

^^^^^HAHAHA. As you wish my, Turdship!

Scopys suck. I have to get one when I get out of this place!
Maybe we can turn this thread into something more worthy of the now 103 posts....

POST YOUR FUNNIEST -OSCOPY STORY.
Maybe now the OP can get enough posts to sell something. Surely he's full of it!

POST YOUR FUNNIEST -OSCOPY STORY.
Maybe now the OP can get enough posts to sell something. Surely he's full of it!

So far the funniest I've heard was from the Pharmacist when I went to pick up my "Party Pack (Lax and flushing compound)". Her dad lost track of time and did the prep and "clean-out" a day early. Had to repeat the process in short order.

All I know is that when it's over I'm going out in search of a HUGE steak dinner.

Haha, I don't really chime in on things like this very often but I can't help myself.

To help solve the problem set fourth in the OP: Sucks to be having a problem with a particular rifle with a particular type of ammo... Get over it. You can either A. Try different ammo. B. Try a new Mag. C. Fix the existing mag. D. Sell the fucking thing. All these are perfectly reasonable, not a huge deal and have been presented to you by others earlier in the thread.

Now all you have done is bitch, complain, fucking call people names/ call them out, rip on Savage, and the list goes on as opposed to actually doing something to fix the original problem. If you don't like Savage, especially because of this, just get rid of the rifle and move on. No need to act like a giant tool bag and act like an asshole. You've been calling several people "gun-show" types and telling a guy to go role (lol it's roll) around in the woods and act like he's in combat and telling him he just tells people shit he's read in a book or learned from playing paintball. You've also called people retards, idiots, heroes, general, dipshit, etc. The one name that I believe you've forgot to mention is "Arm Chair Sniper".

By all of this nonsense you've posted I'm inclined to believe that YOU are all of the above and cannot be taken seriously. You are probably the retard, idiot, dipshit, gunshow type that likes to pretend he's in combat by rolling around in the woods. All of the shit you have put in this thread is completely unnecessary and has made you look like a true idiot to everyone who has read this thread. However, It has been somewhat entertaining for myself, as I'm sure it has been for others as well.

Haha, I don't really chime in on things like this very often but I can't help myself.

To help solve the problem set fourth in the OP: Sucks to be having a problem with a particular rifle with a particular type of ammo... Get over it. You can either A. Try different ammo. B. Try a new Mag. C. Fix the existing mag. D. Sell the fucking thing. All these are perfectly reasonable, not a huge deal and have been presented to you by others earlier in the thread.

Now all you have done is bitch, complain, fucking call people names/ call them out, rip on Savage, and the list goes on as opposed to actually doing something to fix the original problem. If you don't like Savage, especially because of this, just get rid of the rifle and move on. No need to act like a giant tool bag and act like an asshole. You've been calling several people "gun-show" types and telling a guy to go role (lol it's roll) around in the woods and act like he's in combat and telling him he just tells people shit he's read in a book or learned from playing paintball. You've also called people retards, idiots, heroes, general, dipshit, etc. The one name that I believe you've forgot to mention is "Arm Chair Sniper".

By all of this nonsense you've posted I'm inclined to believe that YOU are all of the above and cannot be taken seriously. You are probably the retard, idiot, dipshit, gunshow type that likes to pretend he's in combat by rolling around in the woods. All of the shit you have put in this thread is completely unnecessary and has made you look like a true idiot to everyone who has read this thread. However, It has been somewhat entertaining for myself, as I'm sure it has been for others as well.

Obviously you havent read the entire thread "arm chair sniper". I posted what had happened and then the "arm chair snipers" came out of the woodwork. So do you expect me to sit back and take that? If so, you're wrong. Public forums are full of loud mouths and, like you said "arm chair snipers". Im not sure what category you fit in yet, but Im leaning towards "arm chair sniper".

Remember the words of Kirk Lazarus:

260426_10101739895786828_1030371941_n.jpg

If this has not de-railed too far.
My old Savage Mod. 12 doesn't like to feed hollow points and never has.
I do load some to shoot with it and just single load them.
The prairie dogs wait for me to put the next round in.
If I want smooth feeds, I load SP type bullets.
End of that KISS Regards, FM

So due to the petty fighting amongst people here I just skipped to last page. With that being said, I'm not sure what the bid is up to, but I will take that piece of shit savage off your hands for $275 shipped. And since I'm just going to be taking the barrel off and putting an all together different barrel on, there is no need to worry about those pesky hollow points of yours. PM me if you want to make some money off of the rifle you claim to never want to shoot again.

HA. I have indeed read the entire thread. I could hardly be considered an arm chair sniper. I don't go around telling people shit I've got no idea about, or take every single thing I hear and treat it like God himself wrote it. You know next to not a damn thing about me. From your posts I know a little more than that. I'm here to learn, and I will never be done learning, but If I have first hand experience with something I will pass that on to others who ask for it. I rarely have time to sit around and act like I'm the shit and tell people off via the internet because of college and the fact that doing so is pretty damn childish;however, I'm done with school until next semester and have some extra time. I am also respectful until they give me a reason not to be, even though I will probably never meet 99% of all the people here. You have made yourself look like a fool, thus I have no respect for you. You posted something then when you got feedback and what to do with your rifle you got butthurt and started calling people names and didn't seem to accept their advice at all. That's about how I would sum it up. Now we both know that there are people on every forum who contribute nothing and just like to try to piss others off and to beat their chest and tell everyone that everything I say is right and everyone else is wrong, I understand that. Now that doesn't mean everyone is, like you're making it out to be. I have a feeling that you are one of those people I, on the other hand, am not because I like to learn and not tell everyone else their wrong.

Now to actually post something that has some depth to it and I can maybe learn from the knowledge of others here , I have two things. In my experience (I have a savage .223) I have never had any type of feeding issues with it in it's stock set up. I now have it in an XLR chassis and still have zero issues with it. So I am not familiar with this problem. Perhaps adding a new stock with DBM or chassis could solve the problem. I believe someone already said this solved their problem with feeding.

Next, I am curious and don't want to hijack this thread cause it kinda shitty anyway, but why would it just be HP bullets (can't recall if there was anther bullet type that didn't feed correctly) that don't feed correctly as opposed to other bullet designs? any actual explanation on this besides "just because that's the way it is"? My best guess,(and it's a guess yotekiller, I have no clue about this problem and am not acting like an arm chair sniper and saying I have a clue, is that the HP bullets have a more "flat tip" or slightly squared off tip rather, as opposed to a polymer tipped bullet like the Amax where it is an actual point and thus the squared off tip doesn't "glide" along to the chamber as well as the polymer tip, thus causing it to create friction and get "hung up" on the feed ramp and this pushed into the case? Is that semi-accurate at all or am I way off base here?

Lol the short version for Smcarroll--> I am pretty damn far from an arm chair sniper because I don't talk about things I don't know about. Yotekiller got some feedback and shit on everyone that replied and didn't take any suggestions. I haven't had any feeding problems with my .223 savage in both the factory configuration nor while in the XLR chassis. Finally, I asked why HP bullets don't feed and provided by best guess as to why.

Last edited:
So you joined SH a month and a half and 23 posts ago (all here?) just to bitch about your Savage...Damn Dude...quite a few takers for that POS Savage you got there...cash money too...and no need for your BS waiver...just sell the rifle to someone on here who knows how to use one and KA...WIT...YER...BITCHIN...use the $$$ to buy a Remington and start bitching about that one too...

Last edited:
Guys, I like Cheetos. I just thought everyone should know.

Btw, if you have <50 posts an a forum it probably isnt in your best interest to go around talking schmit to numerous people who have much more experience and wisdom than yourself.

Did I mention I like cheetos?

Guys, I like Cheetos. I just thought everyone should know.

Btw, if you have <50 posts an a forum it probably isnt in your best interest to go around talking schmit to numerous people who have much more experience and wisdom than yourself.

Did I mention I like cheetos?

Me too, especially the "Mix-Ups". Too bad I can't eat any until later tonight.

As for the OP, I still think he started this topic merely to see how many people he could draw in and get a good scrum going. You know, your basic Troll.

As for the Cheetos, just make sure you wash your hands before taking a whiz. Otherwise your wife/gf might be alarmed if they see your "orange unit".

So you joined SH a month and a half and 23 posts ago (all here?) just to bitch about your Savage...Damn Dude...quite a few takers for that POS Savage you got there...cash money too...and no need for your BS waiver...just sell the rifle to someone on here who knows how to use one and KA...WIT...YER...BITCHIN...use the $$$ to buy a Remington and start bitching about that one too...

Please post pics if you buy the gun from me of the contents you receive.

Me too, especially the "Mix-Ups". Too bad I can't eat any until later tonight.

As for the OP, I still think he started this topic merely to see how many people he could draw in and get a good scrum going. You know, your basic Troll.

As for the Cheetos, just make sure you wash your hands before taking a whiz. Otherwise your wife/gf might be alarmed if they see your "orange unit".

Well if you give her a warning and she likes Cheetos then, I don't see how that could be much of a problem.

How about we all act like true gentlemen and put an end to this string of messages (it appears to have no resolution in the foreseeable future). I believe it degenerated severely, and it appears to draw out the worst in everyone. We are all here, to share about our love for shooting and to learn from each other, to lean on each other, and to share into this exquisite unspoken camaraderie that bonds us all. We all walk this life meeting people who disagree with our views, but we have the choice of deciding how much we will let that affects us. I think that if we would have seen this type of communication conducted by our sons or daughters we would all be appalled…
I am just offering a truce for everyone without winners or losers…just mature gentlemen who understand what it is that truly matter in this life.

Last edited:
To hell with that Cat (heheh, it rhymes), this has bought great joy and laughter to me lets keep it going. I personally think the OP is so incompetent that he is a danger to himself and the public with a bb gun in his hands. whattadouche.,

How about we all act like true gentlemen and put an end to this string of messages (it appears to have no resolution in the foreseeable future). I believe it degenerated severely, and it appears to draw out the worst in everyone. We are all here, to share about our love for shooting and to learn from each other, to lean on each other, and to share into this exquisite unspoken camaraderie that bonds us all. We all walk this life meeting people who disagree with our views, but we have the choice of deciding how much we will let that affects us. I think that if we would have seen this type of communication conducted by our sons or daughters we would all be appalled…
I am just offering a truce for everyone without winners or losers…just mature gentlemen who understand what it is that truly matter in this life.

Its Christmas guys...Cat64 is right...OK...this board is obviously divided over Remmy and Savage...its kinda like the Glock thing...you either love'em (I do) or you hate'm...I love my Savage Rifles...I've shot lots of nice Remingtons in the .mil and as a state and local LEO...both are fine platforms...lets agree to disagree...soin the spirit of Christmas guys let call an end to this...I promise not to say a bad thing about Remingtons (until after the holidays LOL)...Merry Christmas guys and girls...

Its Christmas guys...Cat64 is right...OK...this board is obviously divided over Remmy and Savage...its kinda like the Glock thing...you either love'em (I do) or you hate'm...I love my Savage Rifles...I've shot lots of nice Remingtons in the .mil and as a state and local LEO...both are fine platforms...lets agree to disagree...soin the spirit of Christmas guys let call an end to this...I promise not to say a bad thing about Remingtons (until after the holidays LOL)...Merry Christmas guys and girls...

You shouldn't say Merry Christmas because it can be offensive to those who don't celebrate it ya know! lol I'm just kidding everyone.I just couldn't help myself because people get butthurt when people say Merry Christmas as opposed to something more "politically correct". Wouldn't bother me if someone told me happy "insert religious holiday other than Christmas"... I don't get it. /End Rant. I can agree to disagree here and be done with this thread. However I'm still curious as to WHY the HP bullets in .204/.223 don't feed properly.

You shouldn't say Merry Christmas because it can be offensive to those who don't celebrate it ya know! lol I'm just kidding everyone.I just couldn't help myself because people get butthurt when people say Merry Christmas as opposed to something more "politically correct". Wouldn't bother me if someone told me happy "insert religious holiday other than Christmas"... I don't get it. /End Rant. I can agree to disagree here and be done with this thread. However I'm still curious as to WHY the HP bullets in .204/.223 don't feed properly.

I'm convinced it has something to do with the abrupt shoulder angle on the brass case, small diameter round with a sharp shoulder angle...coupled with perhaps a bad magazine in his case...the mag controls the rounds feeding (or should) as the bolt strips it going forward...if the mag lips are loose or out of spec they could release the round too soon...that coupled with the abrupt angle of the case neck could cause some issues chambering...

Since this thread went from help fix my rifle, to fuck savage, i guess it won't hurt to derail more. Danco, what is that last chassis? Looks pretty minimalist, about perfect for walking coyote rig. How long is the forearm? Seems like team savage won some little shooting match a yr or two ago, what was that.....oh yeah world fclass. Yep complete junk, tools.

6br, that's the new(er) LSS from MDT. An abbreviated version of their other chassis.

After reading this thread and getting a Chuckle and a few others over the past years I am starting to think yoytekiller and his ilk is a Remington employee hired to knock down Savage all over the web. Rem sales much be slipping this Christmas season.

After reading this thread and getting a Chuckle and a few others over the past years I am starting to think yoytekiller and his ilk is a Remington employee hired to knock down Savage all over the web. Rem sales much be slipping this Christmas season.

Im starting to think the same thing myself. I offered to take that travesty of a gun off his hands for a "good" price and I've heard nothing. I guess its not that critical that he get rid of it.

Remington Arms...I'll never own another Remington! Been saying that for years, F'ing junk! ANy company that would not replace a defective trigger on its 700 line for nearly 4 decades because doing so would admit it was wrong and caused numerous AD deaths...nope I just cant do business with such a company...

All Bullshit of course!
Im mad at Remington by replacing that so called "defective" trigger with that POS X-mark Pro trigger, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with their original trigger and Im pretty sure that was proven a few years ago. The only way to make that Walker trigger defective is to screw up when you try to adjust it, luckily for me, Im very good at adjusting the older trigger, that X-mark is pretty much NOT adjustable. Petzal: CNBC?s Remington 700 Trigger Coverage A Clean Miss | Field & Stream.

Yep, the only way problem with the old style trigger is the retard adjusting it. We'll leave out the whole thing about keeping your gun pointed in a safe direction at all times... That tells me all I need to know about the brain power of the people adjusting it.

Didn't Rodney King say something like this once upon a time?

Hey, I'm half Jewish and half "some sort of evangelical right wing offshoot of he Christian Faith" (Mom was a little "out there"). All my life I've loved the idea I could celebrate twice the number of holidays and "gifts twice a year" :)

For those who get butthurt, here's the solution:

300.jpg

If someone wishes you a "Happy or Merry anything" just accept it as an expression of goodwill. Otherwise, apply the above product generously.

Yep, the only way problem with the old style trigger is the retard adjusting it. We'll leave out the whole thing about keeping your gun pointed in a safe direction at all times... That tells me all I need to know about the brain power of the people adjusting it.

Right on the money. The way I was trained as a kid a "Safety" on a rifle wasn't even needed. We still used them anyway but the first thing I learned was where the bullet came out and that part should only be pointed at what you wanted to kill.

As for AD's? Aren't most of them really ND's involving human input?

I've owned 4 Savages.

They were some of the best bolt rifles I've ever had and with better quality than any Remington 700...

However they were various configurations of the Savage/Anschutz 141 and 141M from the 70's...Gotcha.

There's few actions that look worse than they feel and a Savage is one of them, LOL, nothing personal guys. Although it's hard to argue against the advantages for their floating bolt head and barrel nut system which is their saving grace. The closest I think I'll get to owning another Savage is building a custom on a Bighorn action. Now that's a marriage of metal with a lot of merit to it!

yotekiller48 I have a Savage Arms Model 10, and I understand how it is talking to the Customer Service individuals. After I sent mine back 3 different times for the bolt locking up and would only rotate, and it failed a function fire and accuracy test. What I ended up doing once it was all said and done, is I told them to call me before you send it back to me and I told them that I wanted to talk to the Customer Service Manager. Once I got to talk to an actually human being then he told me that he didn't feel right in sending that rifle back and ask me if it would be ok if they sent me a new one.

After all that was done I got a great shooting rifle from them, even though before that I was saying I never want another Savage again. I hope that you can get pasted some of the bs customer service people and get to some that actually give a crap.

I've owned 4 Savages.

They were some of the best bolt rifles I've ever had and with better quality than any Remington 700...

However they were various configurations of the Savage/Anschutz 141 and 141M from the 70's...Gotcha.

There's few actions that look worse than they feel and a Savage is one of them, LOL, nothing personal guys. Although it's hard to argue against the advantages for their floating bolt head and barrel nut system which is their saving grace. The closest I think I'll get to owning another Savage is building a custom on a Bighorn action. Now that's a marriage of metal with a lot of merit to it!
Got a Savage like this myself, hardly a Savage, though.
http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/1912728/7547129/f129705611fc69c5e552076f9131978a.jpg