• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Re: Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Hey Z71Rat, New to this site and was admiring your 10 rd capacity magazines for the Savage rifles. Sending a pm. thanks

OKAY OKAY OKAY... Here is the "New Scoop" on the long action magazine conversions. The BAR magazine worked out very very well. Quite a bit of work was involved to make this one happen, but I am pleased so far with the results.

This magazine conversion works with the 25-06, 270, and 30-06 long action rounds. It might actually work with others, but that is all the long action brass that I have access to try out.

Here are a few pictures to see what has happened with the design...

DK

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0638.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly assassin 67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sry to be a drag but would this 10 rd mag in the works fit on my savage 111 30-06 </div></div>

Not being a drag at all... Yes, I have a working design for the 111 30-06 rifle. They also seem to work well with 25-06 and 270's too!! Several design changes in the works as well to make them into 10, 12, 15, and 17 round capacities.

DK

Hey Z71rat, new to the site and saw your mags for the axis, gonna send you a pm.

Hey z71rat just joined the site and checking out the 10 round mag for axis .308, great work man. Gunna send pm

Hey Z71rat just checking on the update for mags for axis 223

Nothing yet for the 204/223 magazine... sorry. Lots of stuff going on though, but hopefully soon!!

DK

Hello. I'm sure you get a ton of PM's about the 223 high capacity magazines, but I'd like to join the list also for this. I have the .223 Savage Axis. A 10-15 round capacity will be perfect for me. How much for each magazine and what is the capacity you think it will be in? Also, how many can I order from you at a time? I am looking at ordering around 4-5 high capacity magazines for the .223 Savage Axis if you'd be interested.

Let me know when you get the chance. I will also be paying via credit card if you have PayPal and can accept credit cards through it. My name is Jeremy by the way...thanks in advance. :)

I got my .308 10 rounder, snaps right in my Axis and the rounds feed great. Thanks for a great product.

I signed up on this forum just for this thread. I'm planning on getting an axis soon, and I absolutely have to get some of these mags.

Definitely want one for my 223 axis.

I need several of these for my 223, and with what everyone else is saying I know you'll come up with one that everyone will be happy with.

Will the .223 mag fit a 16/FCSS?

Thanks.

I really love my new FCP SR w/10 rd mag. Are 5 rd rat mags available for the FCP sr?

Does the .22-250 case taper cause problems or would your mag work with that also?

Never mind I saw my answer at the top of the page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulL01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really love my new FCP SR w/10 rd mag. Are 5 rd rat mags available for the FCP sr?
</div></div>

The FCP-SR uses the AI style magazines with their new bottom metal. No, the RatMags are designed to work with the standard centerfeed magazine bottom metals.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911bmw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the .22-250 case taper cause problems or would your mag work with that also? </div></div>

The 22-250 functions perfectly. All of those catridges in that case size range, function as they should... anytime, everytime!!

DK

Thanks for the kind words Brother!! I am glad you like them.

Pic links are not working though...
frown.gif

DK

Sent you a PM about prices on the 10rd magazine for the savage axis

I am also needing a mag for my .223, please! I, too, signed up just for this thread! PM me with price and availability.

I signed up like everyone else to get a 10 round 223 magazine. Would you please let me know the availability and price. Thanks

This may be a dumb question but do you know if the 10fcp sr mags will fit a 10fcp 5r? The rifle has a bottom release in front of the trigger guard and was made as a special order for another company. Bought at bud's guns listed as savage 19050 on web site has 5r 11.25 twist can't get an answer out of savage. Thought because you do the alterations you might know. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider2003flht</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may be a dumb question but do you know if the 10fcp sr mags will fit a 10fcp 5r? The rifle has a bottom release in front of the trigger guard and was made as a special order for another company. Bought at bud's guns listed as savage 19050 on web site has 5r 11.25 twist can't get an answer out of savage. Thought because you do the alterations you might know. Thanks </div></div>

Without seeing pictures it's hard to give a definitive answer. If your mag release is a lever that extends down then there is a chance it will accept the AICS compatible mags.

See this picture:

2binPeBrF_G57R2I8Tp.png

If your mag release is more of a slide catch that you have to stick your finger up into to release then you have the standard Savage mags.

I think the 10FCP-SR is the only short action model that uses AICS style mags.

That's what I thought. my release is a slide lever just under t6he trigger guard. Z71rat will be getting my order soon

really interested in a 10 rd mag for the axis .223 let me know

randymkost

308 pm sent

I have been getting a ton of great reports about the Axis/Edge rifles and how they have been performing. I am glad to see that this rifle has caught on like it has!!

DK

i need to know how to get some hi cap mags for my axis xp 30.06

Nick. I replied to your PM with a link to DK's (z71rat) profile. PM him for more details on the mag. I've been happy with it, tho I admit I haven't cycled thru it much.

hey sever do u have the axis xp 30.06? if so do u have the hi cap mag?

I am also in for a .223 mag for my savage 10

I am assuming that the Savage Axis has a half decent following and is is a decent rifle? I have a Stevens 200 in .308 I'm looking to sell and this sparks my interest in the Axis.

Too much money to convert my Stevens right now and not enough funds in the bank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey sever do u have the axis xp 30.06? if so do u have the hi cap mag? </div></div>

I only have the .308.

Sent you a PM regarding purchase.

All PM's have been replied too as of today. Very behind, but doing alot better on getting things caught up. With the way things have gone at work, and then trying to keep up with these, there isn't much time to shoot!! LOL

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All PM's have been replied too as of today...</div></div>

You must have missed my PM... I am hot for 2 30-06 mags!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must have missed my PM... I am hot for 2 30-06 mags! </div></div>

PM replied as requested...

DK

So you are making these magazines for 30-06 now? A 20 round BAR magazine would be kind of heavy for the little plastic clip I would think? 10 rounds would be perfect. There are cheap 30-06 10 round magazines for some models of Remingtons if you've tried those already.

Anyway PM sent. If what you're making is 10 round, I'm sold!

Hey there any good word on a extended mag for .270?

I'm also interested on a .223 10-15 round mags for Savage 12. Thanks

I joined the board just for this thread. I am interested in the 10 round magazine for the Savage Axis .308. Thanks!

Same as the fella above me, joined this forums specifically for this thread. I'm looking for 10 round magazines for Savage Axis 30-06.