• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Re: Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Hey fellas never owned a savage before but just bought the 110 ba. Wondering if anyone could help me out on some tips or tricks to the gun

Out of curiosity I have a Savage 111 7mm mag that I need a higher capacity magazine for. Have considered making my own but dont really have the time or tools anyone know where I could find something.

Been looking for sometime for a 10-15 round mag for the 308 axis. Can you send me pricing for these?
Thanks!

Just joined the forum just for this thread. How much you charging im lookin for two 10 round mag for my axis .223

Hows it going .. these 10 rd mags are exactly what i have been looking for since i first got my .308 edge PM sent

You guys should wait another couple months. Savage put out a questionnaire about these mags. They're going into production for the most popular calibers first. I'll wait for the manufacturer.

I am sure that the "new style" magazines will not work with the current design. So for everyone that has already bought their rifles, this will not be of benefit.

We will see, but I have my doubts.

DK

At the very most, they will only offer a 10 round version. I have built magazines for the Axis/Edge rifles in 10, 12, 15 and 17 round versions. Just sayin...

DK

Sent you a PM about a high cap mag for Axis 223.

picking up my new Savage Axis .243 this weekend. I`ve been shooting a .243 my whole hunting career and have found out that they are one of the most versatile rifles to own. Shooting small game up to good size whitetails and mulies not to mention the feral hogs on our property. It all just depends on the grain and projectile!! Can`t wait to get one of these higher capacity mags!! I watched the video and they look like they operate smoother than K.Y.@ an orgy!!

Not sure if its been asked or not......Savage Axis .223 re-barreled to .300blk. Any playing with that round in your extended .223 prototypes?

If I had a 300BLK host magazine to do some R&D, then possibly.

DK

How could I buy one of these ten round mags. In 308 for a savag axix

Do u have any of these in a 308 for a axis

PM sent for savage axis .308 10 rd mag. Thanks-

The 300BO would use the same mag as the 223. I hope you offer these sometime soon. I just my 300BO rifle together tonight and it would be great to have 10rd mags for it.

I am extremely interested in a few big mags for my Savage .308. You have done some amazing work. btw PM sent.

I would like to get a couple made just let me know exactly what you need me to do. Thanks PS They look super great bigbear47

I have the savage edge 308....Its a tac driver and would like a couple large cap mags. I am ready to go so let me know

I know your busy Rat ,I sent you a pm on 308 HC mags 1-10 round and 1-15. Thanks Bigbear

Need some hi-caps for my mod 11 .223!!! PLEASE!!

I'd also like to be on the list for the 223 mag.

Has anybody actually heard from this guy in a while? I sent him a stock magazine to be modified almost 3 months ago now. It was confirmed that it got to him and that he has it in his posession, but it wasn't ever completed and he won't respond to PMs now ... has anybody else heard from him recently? He may just be busy I guess.

Sorry gang, I am in the middle of my move into my new house, and just now finally got my internet working. I have responded to all of the PM's that I had waiting, including the Captains.

Just an overall update to what has been going on. Sources for the BAR magazines are scarce at best. I have placed several orders for them, and I have received nothing but crap. All the BAR magazines have been returned, as I refuse to make anything from the junk that I have been getting. This will include all the 25-06, 270, and 30-06 requests that I have.

In addition to the long action, large caliber magazines, the 204/223 magazines have been at a stand still. I have not found a good way to get the rounds to transition the way I want them too, so therefore, I will not build any of them for myself, much less getting them into the hands of other shooters. I just won't compromise my integrity.

I can assure you, I am doing my very best to stay on top of things, and to respond as quickly as I can to any and all requests. Requests for information, help, recommendations, or any other Savage rifle help I can give has always had a very high priority to me. But I have a life, a job, a new house, a new fiance (soon to be wife), daughter, grand daughter, ex-wife, taxes, and a few other things to throw into the mix. I guess you can say I am a little busy.

If at any time you wish to express your concerns, please feel free to PM me. I am hiding nothing, and will respond to you as quickly as possible.

DK

Hope this coming year will be better for you and your new family. We all have appreciated your contributions to the forum and can't wait to see what new stuff you come up with in the future. Thanks as always.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: danfan48</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope this coming year will be better for you and your new family. We all have appreciated your contributions to the forum and can't wait to see what new stuff you come up with in the future. Thanks as always. </div></div>

Kind words are great to hear... Thank you Brother!! It is greatly appreciated!!

DK

Hope this new year will also do the same for you and your family. I was thinking about your ratmags this morning and still kicking myself for not ever getting my axis magazine shipped out to you to get it modded. Well maybe one day LOL.

OK gang, just a quick update on how things stand. Yes, I have been pretty busy as of late, but still doing what I can to make things happen. Not as easy as it seems sometimes.

As of 12/31/12, I am now married to an awesome angel of a woman. She is as awesome as anyone can be. We went to Las Vegas to get married, and to have an actual honeymoon. Everything went just as smooth as I could have hoped for, but then something else happened.

On 1/02/13, my shooting, fishing, hunting, and camping buddy... my Dad, passed away due to a sudden and severe asthma attack. They tried to revive him for quite some time, but his heart couldn't take it, and he is gone.

We are back home in Colorado, and about to walk out the door again to head back to Texas to be with my family, and to say goodbye to my buddy... my Dad.

Please bear with me concerning building magazines. I have had so many people ask me to build them magazines, and I will do my very best to honor everyone's request. Magazine supplies are drying up really fast, as you can imagine, and prices are going through the roof when you can actually find any in stock. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

DK

DK,

So very sorry to hear ... thinking of you and your family.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

Very sorry to hear of your dad. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Dan </div></div>

Thank you Dan, it is greatly appreciated.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rainier42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

So very sorry to hear ... thinking of you and your family.

John </div></div>

We could use the thoughts. Me and my family thank you.

DK

Quite the rollercoaster. Congratulations on the new bride, may it last till th end. Very sorry to hear of your Father, my sympathies to you and your family.

I've lived a long time without hi cap magazines for my Savage, a little longer wont make much difference. Take care of the family.

Congrats on the marriage, and deep sympathy for the loss of your father. I lost mine the day before my birthday, six years ago.

Eric

HI
ARE YOU STILL MAKING THE TEN Rd. MAG FOR SAVAGE 308? LET ME KNOW WOULD LIKE TO GET A FEW MADE
THANKS

rat, sorry about your father, i hope you and the new family are doing ok. take care man

HI RAT
WHAT IS THE PRICE TO GET THESE'S DONE?&DO YOU NEED FOR US TO SEND YOU THE OLD 4 Rd. MAGS?
THANKS LONE RIDER

Thanks for all the kind words you guys, it means alot to me. We are back home in Colorado now, and trying to get things put back in order. Not an overly easy task at the moment.

I have several people that are coming out of the wood work now asking about help with their rifles. While I would love to help everyone out, the turds that wish to do harm on the innocent have made it extremely difficult to get any supplies to build anything.

I have only a few materials here to work with, but I will be able to help out a few shooters. The others, well, I will end up having to send them over to Dan for help. It pays to have a CNC machine at your disposal it would seem.

DK