• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Thanks guys... y'all are the best!! More and more to come. We are making some great strides in getting back to the 5-7 days turn around time. By a very nice turn of events, a buddy sent me a link that a source has a HUGE stockpile of magazines. That is wonderful news to us here at RatMag Magazines. We will be able to make a fairly big purchase of magazines in early June, prior to the stupid magazine capacity ban becomes law. This will allow us to continue to get high capacity magazines into our shooting family's hands!!

We will continue to do our very best to give everyone exactly what they want and expect... the best magazine possible!!

DK

Any update on the 204/223 mag I sent a while back? Not hurry just checking in on the progress.

Justin

If I can come up with a suitable way for the rounds to transition correctly, then yes. The rear spacer wasn't a problem, the magazine body wasn't a problem either. Good, consistant transition of the rounds is a problem. It might work under recoil, but I don't want to leave it in that state. I am trying to get caught up on our outstanding magazines, but will be back to the 204/223 at that time.

DK

The 25-06/270/30-06 magazines require the BAR surplus magazines to complete. Those magazines are hard to find that are in any sort of condition that I would actually build from. Some BAR surplus magazines have been recieved, rusted badly, or crushed to the point of being unusable. If I wouldn't use it for myself, I wouldn't build them for anyone else.

If someone can find some supplies, I might consider building them again. Surplus prices and availability are very high and very hard to find.

DK

What an awesome service you provide! I'm interested in a couple of the 10 rd mags for my Axis .308. What's the procedure to do this sir? :)

Any other questions that you guys have, just let me know. I will do my very best to help out in any way that I can!!

DK

I received my mags yesterday! And I am very happy with the function and look of the mags. I highly recommend his work! Thanks z71rat for making them for me! I hope the link I sent you for the mags you use helps. Will defiantly be ordering from you again as soon as possible! Here is a photo of the finished product (15 round mag) DSC01065.jpg

Last edited:
Rat, one of your 15 rounders is the next step for my just completed PC. I just need to find a stock mag and send it your way.

All PMs have been answered... New developements with the stupid laws in Colorado. Once all of my supplies are gone, I will no longer be able to help anyone with their conversions. I will only way that I will be able to help anyone, is if I move out of this "new Cali" state.

DK

just received my new 15 round magazine, i am absolutely impressed . cycled through 15 rounds no problem . the craftsmanship and quality is top notch i look forward to continued business with you sir .

Mike from canada

Attachments

• 100_0417.jpg
    100_0417.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
plenty of room here.

Funny, I was actually born and raised in Texas. I moved to Colorado to take the job at the hospital, but I also loved the mountains here. I love the state, but I don't like the stupid politics that have taken over now. I have actually considered moving back, but it is flat, hot, and freakin humid down there... we will see.

DK

Give Kentucky a shot DK! I think you would like it down here and our gun laws are some of the greatest in the states lol!!!

If I could find a job there that pays what I make here, with the freedom I have to direct my supervisors and subordinates, I would be there in a heartbeat!! Funny, I have told that same story to several people that live out in California. I never thought I would be eating my own words...

DK

If I could find a job there that pays what I make here, with the freedom I have to direct my supervisors and subordinates, I would be there in a heartbeat!! Funny, I have told that same story to several people that live out in California. I never thought I would be eating my own words...

DK

Got my 15 round 30.06 magazine today! Really solid and nicely finished ... but doesn't work very well. If anybody else got a long action magazine before he stopped making them are there any tips or tricks I should try to make it function a little better? It only grabs a round off the top of the magazine about 2/3 of the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Problems?? Bench tested fine here. Get it back to me and I will take another look at it. Should be functioning fine. Lemme know...

DK

Problem is the end of the cartridges get stuck down in the magazine so the bolt can't grab them. Happens about every third round. I tried loading the magazine a few dozen times with the same result. After I ordered it 8 1/2 months ago I'm glad anything at all came in the mail, so I'm reluctant to give it up ... but if you're willing to try and make it work I guess I can send it back to you. Send me a PM with your address and it will be on its way.

Problem is the end of the cartridges get stuck down in the magazine so the bolt can't grab them. Happens about every third round. I tried loading the magazine a few dozen times with the same result. After I ordered it 8 1/2 months ago I'm glad anything at all came in the mail, so I'm reluctant to give it up ... but if you're willing to try and make it work I guess I can send it back to you. Send me a PM with your address and it will be on its way.

I won't have to get my hands on another BAR magazine to build from, so getting it back to you won't be a problem.

DK

Looks good I hope mine are this nice. I have sent you a couple of Pm and have gotten any response. I am trying to find out if you will be able to do the mag I sent you ?

Last edited:
I don't see how you guys are having any problems with your mags. DK is good at what he does and everything is tested before sent to the customers. My mags work flawlessly and feed perfect! I stand by his product!

Looks good I hope mine are this nice. I have sent you a couple of Pm and have gotten any response. I am trying to find out if you will be able to do the mag I sent you ?

Yes, I can help you out with the magazines. I have a "bunch" of supplies to build from. It will be a while before I run out. I won't be able to purchase any more supplies after July 1st due to pending legislation, but that won't matter to your conversion.

DK

I don't see how you guys are having any problems with your mags. DK is good at what he does and everything is tested before sent to the customers. My mags work flawlessly and feed perfect! I stand by his product!

Thanks for the kind words there JS!! You da man!! ;)

DK

OK, there obviously needs to be some further clarification made as to what magazine conversions that are available.
I have not been able to do the R&D work for the 204/223 magazines. So I will not be converting them any longer.
I will not be converting the 270/30-06 magazines, as they are too cost prohibitive and troublesome to build.

Due to upcoming Colorado gun laws, I can no longer receiver the G3 magazines to build from after July 1st. I have "a bunch" of the G3 magazines here at the house to use, so I will be converting them until I am out of the supplies that I have. So all is well here at the moment. I should be able to make the conversions for at least another year or two.

Conversions that are available:

6MM
22-250
6.5x47
6.5 Grendel
6.5 Creedmoor
7MM-08
7.62x39

All of the above calibers will be converted on short action magazine Model 10, 12, 14, & 16 Savage rifles, and short action Savage Axis/Edge rifles. All of the conversions will require the use of a factory Savage Axis/Edge magazine, regardless of what rifle you actually have. The conversions are based on the same magazine, with the front tab removed on a Model 10 based action. With the Axis/Edge magazine, obviously the front tab is left in place.

There are too many calibers to choose from, so I don't keep any of the factory Savage Axis/Edge magazines on hand. Anyone that wants a magazine conversion will need to provide the Axis/Edge magazine to build from. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

DK

Hey rat newbie to the forum stumbled upon this from google def interested in a couple of these for my .308 axis what's ur price on these mags? Thanks in advance for your reply

hey z71rat i was wondering what the prices are on the 308 mags i just picked up my axis and four rounds just isnt going to cut it.

The new laws are written really screwy. I thought I was going to be able to help out everyone with their magazine conversions, but the new law includes "all magazines with a detachable floorplate". So, with that wonderful bit of information, I will no longer be able to convert any magazines after July 1st. This will effectively shut down my operations completely. I will do my best to help out as many as I can, right up till the deadline.

Sorry for any inconvenience our wonderful law makers have thrown on us. I wish I had a better answer to this, but it is what it is. Hopefully the petitions will get the law stopped, so please keep your fingers crossed. God Bless the 2nd Amendment and all who support it!!

DK

Yeah, I figured as much, DK. It really is a shame but thanks for doing what you did to help the shooting community. Glad I got a second mag conversion from you earlier this year.

Thanks again & remember...when one door is closed another will open.

Best regards!
Bailagent100

I'm a new member. Don't know how to message z71rat but I wanted to know how much you were asking for custom magazines in .270 caliber.