• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage finally finished.....

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Hey hiders thought i would show my finished savage off a little bit.
As i am sure most of you remember i ordered a nf.f1 a couple months back.......All i can say about this scope is wow!simply amazing scope.This thing has clicks like snapping toothpicks.This scope is not been mounted yet.I am saving it for my remmy build.
I guess it is kind of strange buying optics before you even start on the rifle.But hey what the hell call me crazy.Anyway im rambling so here is the savage specks.
savage 10fp
b&c medalist stock
warne 20moa tactical base
burris zee rings
wotac gen4 4.5-14x50
harris brm swiveling with pod lock,pod claws
karsten cheek piece
accu-shot bt04 mono-pod
tis quick cuff sling
I say finished but i plan on putting some rattle can on it...

Re: savage finally finished.....

2u72495.jpg

Thats a good lookin stick there. What cal. are you runnin?

nice bang stick. makes me regret selling my Savage. Guess Im gonna have to buy another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks sick im jealous! </div></div>

When did the word "sick" replace cool and awesome? Is sick, one step above cool or awesome? Is sick a synonym for Ultra cool or Super awesome? I miss those words and I think we need to bring them back

-Tyler-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tylerjones562</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks sick im jealous! </div></div>

When did the word "sick" replace cool and awesome? Is sick, one step above cool or awesome? Is sick a synonym for Ultra cool or Super awesome? I miss those words and I think we need to bring them back

-Tyler-</div></div>

"sick" is the newest spawn of the 2nd MTV generation (the first is the MTV that actually played music videos--the second is the MTV that plays worthless crap that has nothing to do with music at all) "OMG DUDE THAT'S SO SICK YO!!!"

Personally, I prefer "swell". Which that rifle is. Now go make it go bang.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry 467 did not realize this became a post about how people word their comment. its a awesome looking rifle! </div></div>

No problem bro.......and thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry 467 did not realize this became a post about how people word their comment. its a awesome looking rifle! </div></div>

Easy kiddo, that question wasn't aimed towards you, just a general statement.

Good lookin rifle by the way!

-Tyler-

sweeeeeeeeeeeet, now go shoot that damn thing
smile.gif

Hello, new guy here. Have a couple of questions concerning the B&C Medalist. Did you need any special adapter for the bipod? Also, how was it drilling through the stock for the cheekpiece? Is it solid? I am also building a Savage with a B&C Medalist, and any help would be appreciated.

I love it when another Hider comes in with a Savage!! It is nice to have more and more in the crowd on "this side of the room"!!

DK

Ummmm... wait a minute... I thought you said it was finished??

Where's the camo??

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmm... wait a minute... I thought you said it was finished??

Where's the camo??

DK </div></div>

Finished all except for the camo.I have never painted a rifle before and truthfully im kinda freaked out about it i dont want to f...it up.I wish i had some kind of stencil to use after i spray the base coat on.

If you just want the stock painted, send it to me. I will do the work for you fairly cheap, and I guarantee you will like the results.

You send me the stock and a pic of how you want it to look, along with the colors, (other than digital stuff) and I will dup it, or I can create you one.

DK

Sample of my latest... (DKPaintworks)

Racq03.jpg

Or, if you want to give it a go yourself, it is just paint!!

DK

"I love it when another Hider comes in with a Savage!! It is nice to have more and more in the crowd on "this side of the room"!!

DK"

Thanks for the welcome, I'm a Savage convert at that, after a few Rem 700's I decided to build a Savage. We'll see how it goes.

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home. I have model 10 in an A5 with CDI bottom metal. 20 moa base and FTE brake. Optics will be IOR SH edition. Savages sure are fun to mess around with!!!

Your stick looks great!
I just ordered a 7MM Mag from Fur fin and Feather in Ohio. They were clearing out the old Kmart Pre-Accutrigger 110 Long actions for $199.00. Got shop time in Dec at Sharp Shooter Supply. The action was all I was after. I plan on action work, new Douglass XX 300 Win Mag barrel, stock, and new trigger, plus some additional goodies. I am going to let the rem 700 take a break in the safe. I figure I might as well chamber in what I hunt with. This will be the fifth Savage I have and shoot. They are great sticks.

That is a good looking gun. I think you will certainly be happy with the Savage. I have never been disappointed with them.

How to you like the Wotac scope?

The wotac so far is peforming like a champ.No complaints so far.I did a review on the wotac about a month ago.....

great looking rifle. I'm going to get the same stock for my Savage in .223. I got rid of the old stock and I'm going to order that one for it. It looks exactly how I want it to look. (prior to to Camo of course)

Great set up