• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Model 10 FP

7stw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
winchendon mass.
I just recently bought a Savage 10fp. This is a pre-accutrigger model, with the plain synthetic stock. It is in .223. I have been a remy man for most of my life and am dis-appointed with them of recent. I have heard and read so much on the Savages accuracy and simplicity that I decided to buy this one and build it up. My plans are, BC medalist, EGW .20 moa base, 16x Supersniper scope. I can adjust this trigger down some, but will probably get a accu-trigger and some point, or another aftermarket model. Any thoughts, tips, or load info. I am a avide handloader. I am really excited with this rifle and looking forward to wringing it out at the range. Thanks in advance for any tips and info. p/S, This rifle is in AS NEW condition. I actually thought it was new until I saw the old style trigger.

Re: Savage Model 10 FP

Bob,
Unless your set on a "regular" style stock give a look at the newer Choate Tactical stocks. I've seen them in action and they are excellent. As usual Fred put allot of outstanding design work into that stock design.

I have several Savages 2 mod 12's a mod 16 a Mod 110 and a Stevens 200. I bought them before the Accu-stock so I changed them out for stocks from Choate and strengthened the stocks on the 16 and 200. Wouldn't trade them for a Remy on any day of the week. They all shoot sub MOA and sure can't ask for much more. For my 110 which is in .223 it really likes the Hornady A-Max bullets in 75 gr. with 22.4 grs. of Ramshot Tac under them using CCI Br-2 primers and LC, Rem and Hornady cases all are set .006 off the lands and per the crono are running at 2710 or just a tad better. The 110 will shoot 1/4 inch groups at 100 with 5 shots . The Stevens 200 is in 7 mm Rem. Mag and it shoots 5/8 groups at 150 with 150 gr Wolf Gold Line ammo haven't loaded any 7 yet. The other Savages are in .308 flavor and shoot 1/2 to 3/8 groups with hand loads so you be the judge as for me I'll stick with Savage as for me they are the best bag for your buck.

I must admit, the more I learn about the Savage line, the more I am impressed. Just today, I was in the gun shop that I bought my model 10, and there was a model 12, with a laminated stock, beautiful, with accutrigger for just over $500.00. Huuuum, (it may find another zip code soon) That one was in .308. I do beleive that this model 10 is going to be a shooter. For those of you that respond to the model 10 thread, does anyone have model 12's. Just curious. That 308 has me wondering!Anyway, any more info on the 10fp wil be appreciated. Thanks again in advance!AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL!

Love mine! I dont feel bad about spending more on my other guns, but this little savage shoots right with them.
elkhunt2008003.jpg

I have a 12BTCSS this has a laminated thumbhole stock in 22-250. It is a very accurate rifle. I got it late last year and had little time to do much load development. However with the loads I fired it was extremely accurate. I believe the best groups at 100 yards were in the .25-.40 area. I think the rifle can be a consistent 1/4 moa gun with some load tweaking. This is the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever owned. Savage is gaining alot of respect in the accuracy department. In the next couple of years you will probably see alot of aftermarket parts available for them. I feel that you cannot beat the Savage out of the box accuracy for the money. I have always been a Big Green fan but i think their quality as of late on mid priced ($600.00-$1000.00) rifles are lacking in several areas. This is just my opinion, I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers!