• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Savage Stevens Model 200 (.308) Build + new glass

bryan308ftw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Here are the specs

Savage Stevens Model 200 cal: .308win
B&C medalist tactical stock
26" Stainless fluted barrel (1-10 rate)
Millet LR-S

Going to range tomm to make some groupings

c4ebf587.jpg

Re: Savage Stevens Model 200 (.308) Build + new glass

Nice rifle, what brand of barrel?

Also, you'll need to find some aftermarket rings that are much lower. That scope is WAY to high (typical of the rings they supply).

Build up a cheek rest with an old mouse pad and some duct tape for now, you will not be able to get a consistent cheek weld.

Other than the rings, looks really good, i think you'll be pleased.

Congratulations!! Nice looking rig you have there. PLEASE post what you think about the scope after using it. I ended up with one of these on a trade deal, and have read all manner of very different assesments/opinions etc. I have not mounted/used it yet, mainly because of the super "High" rings, and alternative 35MM rings are a bit pricey just to experiment with.

TIA for any input!!

Nice rig!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Savage/Stevens!!

DK

I have been looking at building up a stevens for so long now! Yours looks great.
Range Report!

keep an eye on the for sale section for the 35mm rings. looks good. what brand is the barrel? SSS triggers are at midway or brownells. supposed to be the shit. and you dont have to deal with chasing SSS

Looks good. As stated find some LOWER rings for that scope. It sitting up in the air like a 4-wheel drive truck! You have way too much space between that barrel and the bottom of the objective.