• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Stock Options

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
One of the most frequent comments I have seen recently regarding Savages is the lack of stocks available. We all know that McMillan and many other traditional stock makers make Savage compatible stocks and I recently learned that AI is going to release their AICS made to fit a SA Savage (Thank you AI!) and I learned today that XLR will be making their chassis system for the Savage.
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/rockrat44/XLR65002-1.jpg
The Savage is such an end user friendly platform and it just keeps getting better.

Re: Savage Stock Options

It's not that there aren't stocks available it's that Savage alters their actions a lot and stock manufacturers can't invest in all of the different designs.

Most stock manufacturers offer a stock for one of the many savage actions. Good info you posted though. As a savage owner, I'm always interested in new stock options!!

I'm getting into a Sav 10, and the user friendliness is something that made me choose it. Looking at it there's ALOT of stuff in regards to aftermarket parts.

I think it's just that the Rem 700 has SO much stuff for it that it looks like savage dont have as much. There seems like a decent amount of stuff for the savage.

It seems AI is only making there stock to fit the newer 4.400 bolt spacing on savage.......Ahh if only they came out with one for the 4.275 spacing i for one would sure buy one......(hint,hint)

Yes, Savage has made periodic changes and the fact that they are being responsive to what their customers want is part of what draws me to them. No there are not as many aftermarket parts available for the Savages now but that is changing as more people join the brotherhood of the barrel nut. I think of Savages as a big kids Lego kit that I can for the most part customize myself. Not everyone will agree with me but I am not here seeking anyones approval.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Savage has made periodic changes and the fact that they are being responsive to what their customers want is part of what draws me to them. No there are not as many aftermarket parts available for the Savages now but that is changing as more people join the brotherhood of the barrel nut. I think of Savages as a big kids Lego kit that I can for the most part customize myself. Not everyone will agree with me but I am not here seeking anyones approval. </div></div>

+1

Being a long time barrel nut fan, i have found over the decades that practice is much more important than a lot of choices in stocks. And yes savage is listening to it's customers.

The accu-stock is a good example of that, yes the wedge sucks, leave it loose or take it out. but the rest of the bedding system works well. It's as good or better than a b&c duramax and doesn't need to be fitted like the duramax.

I just picked up a savage 110/krieger rifle in .260rem with a b&c stock that was still rubbing on the barrel even though it had been bedded. We may not have as many stock options as other brands, but we really don't need them either.

I have a "cheap" ($360) model 11, .243 that i use for predator hunting that will make touching groups at 100yd, just the way it came from my mart-mart store. blue

My 10 will soon be wearing a B&C medalist. I plan to have jeff @ CDI inlet the stock to accept his bottom metal. IMO that is one of the best options available currently. I am glad to see some different options becoming available recently.

According to Stacey at AINA the Savage chassis is planned to be available 3rd qtr of this year.

Another stock option is the Choate tactical ones. They are pretty cheap at $455 and looks waay better than the accustock. I had to do some work to get it to fit properly and shoot as good as the accustock, but it worked. Fits me way better than the factory one and has adjustable LOP and cheek weld. Here's a pic. Cheap $300 scope for now, (got aimpoint for my ak). I've dropped this thing 3 times, shot almost 1000 rounds and still holds zero. Only problem is anything past 24X lets you know how shaky you are.
015-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastgixxerlv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another stock option is the Choate tactical ones. They are pretty cheap at $455 and looks waay better than the accustock. I had to do some work to get it to fit properly and shoot as good as the accustock, but it worked. Fits me way better than the factory one and has adjustable LOP and cheek weld. Here's a pic. Cheap $300 scope for now, (got aimpoint for my ak). I've dropped this thing 3 times, shot almost 1000 rounds and still holds zero. Only problem is anything past 24X lets you know how shaky you are.
015-1.jpg

</div></div>

I've got that same stock with a Karsten and it fits me really well.