• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Saw a guy open carrying

I almost gave a guy one of my holsters because I couldn't stand seeing him walk around with his 1911 about to fall off the side of his hip. The cheapo Iraqi made holsters were better then what he had.

Everyone knows the Blackhawk serpas are the best holsters ever made. You’re doing it wrong if you’re not using one. Second best is the holster and mag carrier that springfield gives out.

Reactions: 308pirate
I don't mind open carry when you look and act somewhat professional and realize that you are representing all firearms owners.
I agree.

I typically don't open carry unless it's a specific circumstance or environment.

That said I don't have a problem with it, especially if you have rogue DA's that want to charge people with 'brandishing' because someone saw the butt of their pistol because their shirt accidentally rode up.

Carrying in general requires a lot of responsibility.

99% of the time I could care less how people carry. The exception is when some dumb ass walks around Wal Mart in full kit and a ski mask carrying a loaded AK just to show everyone what his rights are.

Now that we’ve all got that out of our system, what’s the solution here?

There isn’t a solution, their stupidity/ignorance/apathy is probably pervasive in their homes, families, vehicles, jobs, finances, health, and every other part of their life.

It probably isn’t so fair to paint with a broad brush. I spend half my time in the Front Range of CO where I’ve never seen anyone open carry that didn’t fit the fat Molon Labe shit holster stereotype. The other half I spend in rural WY and MT where they’re part of everyday life and I barely notice when someone has a gun at the farm store.
If all of the prophecies in the 'food as political weapons,' 'inflation,' 'the downfall of america,' 'recession 2022,' etc (pretty much any thing started or posted in by Hobohilton) threads come true, the problem of fat-asses open carrying firearms will be self correcting...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: XP1K and rlsmith1
gun owners in Israeli women: "stunning and brave!"
israel-guns.jpg

*yes, i know in many cases they are required to carry their weapons, but dont act like if that requirement was lifted, that you would all make a 180 on your opinions.

gun owners on some random guy in walmart: "fucking slob, what an attention whore, utterly irresponsible!"
Walmart-Handgun-Ammo.jpg
Call me crazy, but it appears that the women are carrying their rifles in a manner that would allow them to be brought to bear with relative ease. The rifle carried by the guy in yellow may as well be a big-ass necklace. There is no way he is bringing that thing from slung to ready without unslinging first. And, the damned thing doesn't have sights. Yeah, yellow shirt dude is an attention whore.

If all of the prophecies in the 'food as political weapons,' 'inflation,' 'the downfall of america,' 'recession 2022,' etc (pretty much any thread started or posted in by Hobohilton) threads come true, the problem of fat-asses open carrying firearms will be self correcting...
I'll start doing all I can to start a nuclear war with Vlad then

• Haha
Reactions: stefan73
israel-guns.jpg

*yes, i know in many cases they are required to carry their weapons, but dont act like if that requirement was lifted, that you would all make a 180 on your opinions.

gun owners on some random guy in walmart: "fucking slob, what an attention whore, utterly irresponsible!"
Walmart-Handgun-Ammo.jpg
1. The first picture, stunning and hot. But that's a personal thing;)

2. That guys isn't a slob. You should see some of the clowns we have down here. He is dressed like he is ready for a fortune 500 executive meeting compared to what we get down here! What you posted was an anomaly at a walmart, the locals here would be riding on the electric cart that their bodies engulf like they were trying to suck a turd back up their rear while their 1911 that hasn't been cleaned in the last decade is dragging on the floor . But I digress.

If all of the prophecies in the 'food as political weapons,' 'inflation,' 'the downfall of america,' 'recession 2022,' etc (pretty much any thing started or posted in by Hobohilton) threads come true,
Him and Mike Honcho should get a room

israel-guns.jpg

Walmart-Handgun-Ammo.jpg
We are not in Israel. Second off if we had a law that says all military even in plain clothes had to carry, and it was a known rule nobody would say anything about it.

Otherwise any person who carries a weapon in public or private for that matter is required to use common sense judgement.

I'm not advocating to have some law preventing carry of any type. That said the requirement to use common sense is not revoked.

Basically that means in most instances it takes a special kind of idiot to walk into a crowded store with a ski mask and a loaded AK and to not expect repercussions.

With any kind of carry context is everything. If a tattooed up person walks into a 7-11 with a .38 special in hand while wearing a pair of old sweatpants and a greasy wife beater and then he starts complaining that he's being persecuted just because he didn't want to wear a holster is about the same level of logic being presented.

israel-guns.jpg

Walmart-Handgun-Ammo.jpg
But can he trust his life to that AR

whos definition of common sense?
Mine. My definition is the only one that matters. If someone violates that it's open season to shoot the bastard.

After that it just matters what the DA and possibly what the jury's definition is.

No sights. Blurry image. 50-50 its a 22lr...
Cheapest b5 stock, a2 grip with finger grooves, looks like a birdcage on the skinniest (20"?) barrel I've ever seen ?
I'm wondering if he stripped the yellow paint off the muzzle of that airsoft gun.

eh, i OC...of course i run a solid belt, a lvl 2 holster @ 3:00, and have trained in weapons retention...

honestly people make a bigger deal about it than it really is....most people really dont even notice it.
I oc sometimes. But I live in a jurisdiction where between 1 in 5 and 1 in 4 men you see are OCing.

Would our nation be better if OC were illegal or if 9/10 people OCd?

I think it’s the latter.

And he looked like a royal dipshit

Big fat roll on him with a noodle for a belt. On said belt, just behind the hip, some tan Glock in a cheap ass leather pancake holster with a pocket for a spare mag.

Between his fat roll and shitty belt the pistol was leaning out like 30 degrees making it stupid easy to disarm him. Did I mention that the holster had zero retention?
sure he wasnt simply a cop in plain clothes?

I always wonder when I find a new thread (~24 hours old) and it already has 80+ posts...

...16 arguments, 11 occurrences of the word "Fudd", and 4 Steven Segal references later and we're off to a fine start. :D

I think I've made it known on more than a couple posts that I open carry almost everywhere...but almost everywhere to me means a very small rural population. I guarantee 99% of the trucks in rural SE Oklahoma have a rifle or some other truck gun in them. It is a way of life out here.

I also open carry at church, but it is more of a deterrent as I could just as easily CC under a blazer. When I travel or go to a big city I'll usually do a bit better job of hiding my guns.

Yeah, some OC guys can look like douches. I don't really care. 1) it isn't my business, and 2) it isn't my business (there's a trend here somewhere...). Truth be told, I find pants hanging down below the wearer's ass much more visually offensive, but I don't say anything because of the two rules I just listed above.

I like open carry being legal. I don’t do it, but I like it. If for whatever reason my gun becomes visible I’m not breaking the law. Make fun of it all you want but don’t take it away.
You make a great point, " ..for whatever reason my gun becomes visible I'm not breaking the law". This has happened to far to many folks. GA just went constitutional carry with open carry. I don't, but can.

I generally agree open carry is not a great idea. I live in Texas where open carry is legal and has been for a long time. Why can't a lot of you simply point out why you think open carry is bad, without making very hateful remarks about this guy. I've seen on more than few instances where people carrying open clearly upsets or even scares folks.

In Louisiana, open carry is common. Some stores prohibit it, some don't. I live near an unsavory part of town and my wife and I grocery shop there, because the poor areas have much better prices. I open carry at that store, because my wife has been harassed a few times when she was alone. I don't care who doesn't like it. It's my right and I exercise it, when I see fit and the establishment doesn't mind. As much as I loathe some things about Louisiana, we have firearm freedom that many other states don't have.

Big fat roll on him with a noodle for a belt. On said belt, just behind the hip, some tan Glock in a cheap ass leather pancake holster with a pocket for a spare mag.

Between his fat roll and shitty belt the pistol was leaning out like 30 degrees making it stupid easy to disarm him. Did I mention that the holster had zero retention?

I believe it is for cases like this that the meme for MealTeam Six is normally rolled out.

I'm former South African, and there the rules were the exact opposite to here in the land of the free. Over there you needed a permit to open-carry, and the norm was concealed carry by default. That kept everybody warm and fuzzy. The easily offended weren't, and you got to carry if so required... Which it usually was and is now probably advisable.

For you lucky pricks that live in a NON-Commie state the permits you to OC, serious question......I assume it's legal to carry your handgun around in your hand and not in a holster? Holster NOT required? For that matter long gun slung not required?
Inquiring minds wanna know.
Thanks in advance for the enlightenment gentlemen (or even those of you who IDENTIFY as gentlemen).
Couldn't help that one. Sorry.

Yeah I think most people I've seen open carry, my first thought was probably like a lot of you, "I could take that." Always seems to be the worst holster, gun practically jumping out on it's own.

The last one was a woman in a crowded Cabela's, carrying an XDs in the cheap little plastic holster that come with the gun. My thought was "girly what are you doing?" The area near the gun counter was so congested, like sardines in a can, I have no doubt I could have taken it and she'd have had no idea who'd done it in that crowd.
Peoples, be more smarterer!

Saw a doofus from a couple doors down walk out to his car with his lady, presumably for dinner the other evening. Too far to see what he was carrying but it was a semi in a walmart airsoft kind of nylon holster with the 1" strap and buckle that goes over top for retention. Skinny dude, loose belt, and crap holster, it was tilted so far out so when he pulls the trigger on the draw stroke the muzzle would be pointed at maybe a 30-40 degree angle into his thigh... winning!

It's one thing to open carry when in the woods, mountains, on a farm, ranch, or in a small rural town where one is amongst friends.

But open carry in a town of any size, in chain retail stores, etc., makes one a foolish tool. Pull your shirt over it.

i live in an urban area in a blue state ,we don't have open carry but i support your right. open carry is an invitation for someone who needs a pistol to walk up behind you with brick or other blunt object to take your pistol .P/O have lost guns due to blunt objects.open carry results calls to police in urban areas and they have to respond to man with gun calls . avoid the BS of having a name ck and time it takes to prove your not a felon. if some nervous person calls and said you pointed gun at them reckless conduct or assault charge. unless everything is on camera P/O is going to let judge sort it out, $$ for lawyers

For you lucky pricks that live in a NON-Commie state the permits you to OC, serious question......I assume it's legal to carry your handgun around in your hand and not in a holster? Holster NOT required?

24e48d5ca61acb4b5bd39413110d899e2067901ba27c03df5643662dd34f889a.jpg

For you lucky pricks that live in a NON-Commie state the permits you to OC, serious question......I assume it's legal to carry your handgun around in your hand and not in a holster? Holster NOT required? For that matter long gun slung not required?
Inquiring minds wanna know.
Thanks in advance for the enlightenment gentlemen (or even those of you who IDENTIFY as gentlemen).
Couldn't help that one. Sorry.
If you draw your weapon or anything like that (which includes just holding it) that is considered threatening behavior. If the situation warrants it someone else is pretty much authorized to shoot (at least here in Texas).

Basically if you draw a weapon and it's not actually defending yourself you can be charged with a whole bunch of different crimes. Menacing, threatening, terroristic threat, disorderly conduct, deadly behavior, brandishing, threatening with a deadly weapon, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff.

Put it this way: you don't want to go there. If you go around sticking a gun around towards people you will have plenty of time to get to know your new cell mate.

Frankly, this old man gets a little tired of the fat comments. I mean, seriously, a lot of little old men, old ladies and young kids once brought down a lot of helicopters long ago in a land far away. I might well fall into that obese category....maybe or maybe not depending on the ever-fluctuating hipster Kardashian perspective. I'm disabled, too boot. I am no fan of open carry and would advise against it. I LIKE appearing to be the (fat) little old "harmless" man sitting in the corner of the restaurant enjoying my breakfast. At least the guy you so decry is ARMED, so there's that. Perhaps he is enjoying a new-found freedom of "packing" and his perspective and skills will evolve......

Last edited:
At least the guy you so decry is ARMED

Having a firearm on you and being effective with it are not the same thing.

And having seen lots of people shoot over the years, I have a pretty good sense of who can do what.

Always thought open carry is pretty dumb. But I also don't carry at all in daily life. Seems unnecessary to me.

Only time I carry is when I'm in the woods alone but that's more for animals than anything.
chances are very high that your fellow human is more of a threat than any critter you encounter will be. whether it is grandpa with failing eyesight driving a car down the road, some distracted kid texting while driving, or some intoxicated asshole you encounter on your way home.
Balls, infringe BS... fuck you.

Overt stupid people with guns scare people. They don't scare me, they just annoy me, because out in public with a burner, out of shape, shit belt/holster, (likely) untrained... they then become a liability to everyone else around them whose minding their own business (while not also failing to maintain responsible control of their weapon). It also makes them a target.

I don't run to the government pal, I can handle my business fine on my own. It's just that stupid people also tend to be poor and can often cause more damage than they can pay for, so we have to have rules like traffic laws to control some of the less evolved animals among us for the good of all. People will always be free to be as stupid as they want to be on their own, just not in society.

I'd much rather an idiot catch a citation for "carrying irresponsibly" or whatever, rather than let some knucklehead who thinks he's cool showing off his Hi-Point in his Fobus at Wal-Mart gets it snatched off him, and maybe gets someone killed while adding fuel to the fire that truly risks fucking up our rights to carry in the process.
i think a lot of us here agree that it is annoying to a point, but you do need to access your willingness to have rights infringed. seriously...that is anti 2nd, pure and simple.
Hell, I open carry because I can't stand those little weenie pistols that people hide away under a shirt or whatever.
Gimme a mans pistol that has a full size grip and shoots a mans cartridge instead of a popgun round in a ladysmith or the like that y'all tuck IWB.
I have never seen a single useful *compact* pistol and probably never will.
I roll with my CZ97 and may god have mercy on the person that tries to strip it from me, because I won't.

I can certainly envision some of you open carrying a Beretta Tomcat, don't lie, it not only makes you look fat, it makes you look ridiculous.
meh, i've used the hell out of my 360. from killing deer, to popping gophers, to shooting coyotes. light, always with me, and effective. call it what you want, but with the scandium frame, it is just a little less brutal to fire than a 454 revolver. and by the results of the deer, effective as fuck on large animals.
oh fuck, it's Guido the killer pimp. (that's what i call that greasy fucker)
israel-guns.jpg

Walmart-Handgun-Ammo.jpg
as already stated, that potatohead might as well have that stuffed up his ass....he aint doing shit with it other than making himself look the fool.

Reactions: FWoo45
I spend a bunch of time in the Western states and open carry is no big deal in most places outside of the liberal cities of the Mountain West. I don't have a problem with it. I don't do it often unless I am in bear or cat country, but I am not against it.
I live in pennsylvania and I carry everywhere I go everyday I go and as long as I carry myself with respect law enforcement treats me the same way !I'm legal and everybody including cops are use to me being strapped! I live in the mountains an if it ain't a rabbit fox or bear it could be a loose pit bull,I'm old and sick yet still not a victim! The fat guys helping me to support the second amendment so I'll give him some slim fast an my support

IMHO a lot of times it boils down to comfort. I am 5’11” and at about 231 I am not “fat” but I am overweight and could stand to loose about 30 pounds or so. I have started carrying OWB mainly because nothing I have found is very comfortable. I know the best thing for me would be to loose weight but until this Covid thing is over and I can back off of 12-14 hour days of taking care of patients I will continue OWB. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I live in pennsylvania and I carry everywhere I go everyday I go and as long as I carry myself with respect law enforcement treats me the same way !I'm legal and everybody including cops are use to me being strapped! I live in the mountains an if it ain't a rabbit fox or bear it could be a loose pit bull,I'm old and sick yet still not a victim! The fat guys helping me to support the second amendment so I'll give him some slim fast an my support

Try Philadelphia. That's in Pennsylvania, right?

Let us know how it goes

Having a firearm on you and being effective with it are not the same thing.

And having seen lots of people shoot over the years, I have a pretty good sense of who can do what.
Wair! Wait! Let me guess! YOU are not only an "expert" gunslinger but also at a mere glance are able to determine the skills, attitude, experience and even the health of someone else carrying. I see. Know who killed Hickok? A drunk loser firing a bullet into the back of the head.

Wair! Wait! Let me guess! YOU are not only an "expert" gunslinger but also at a mere glance are able to determine the skills, attitude, experience and even the health of someone else carrying. I see. Know who killed Hickok? A drunk loser firing a bullet into the back of the head.

It this you John Wayne...........It this me?
R.ee802c788f21dcec46cd983bcc03e7dd

Reactions: myronman3