• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Saw a guy open carrying

No...no no. Oklahoma is closed :ROFLMAO: .

Like I told the young couple that was moving in from Pennsylvania as I was inspecting the house they were purchasing - "We were here first, don't Pennsylvania my Oklahoma".
I dispatched some coyotes for a friend that was managing a ranch out in Oklahoma.

View attachment 7858506
🤷 Puts holes in things where I aim it and small enough to wear under a t shirt. 😉

All day every day

P-07 RMR.jpg

Tier 1 Xiphos 2.jpg

How do you like the P07? I was thinking about a CZ 75 D PCR Custom, and a Dan Wesson V-Bob.

I've gone around through several pistols (Glock 19/17, CZ P-10C/P-10F, CZ 75BD/P-01) but I always end doing my best work with the P-07 and P-09.

Last edited:
No...no no. Oklahoma is closed :ROFLMAO: .

Like I told the young couple that was moving in from Pennsylvania as I was inspecting the house they were purchasing - "We were here first, don't Pennsylvania my Oklahoma".
Dont worry I wont fuck up your state, Im already set on PA

Wow. A bunch of Tactical Timmy's and gear snobs who spend 90% of their time posting in the ".45 is better than 9mm" threads or the "Do these Crye pants make my dick look small" topic, acting like some judgy twats on an episode of The View.
To the OP, I get it. Yes, open carry has fallen out of grace over the years. Some for good reasons. Like not using retention holsters..."like the cops do" and the like. True I still see people OCing in some shitty nylon Uncle Mikes holster, and that act alone is very cringe. I am to assume you all have had the full training courses provided by Warrior Poets Society and Garand Thumb on YouTube, with the wealth of tactical knowledge I perused through.
But seriously, how about do we as the gun "community" go about dealing with the indirect acts of aggression that triggers so many of you Primadonna's? I agree that better choices need to be made, but I hardly saw a word about how we would get that information to those who need it. Anyone? Or do you just jump on here and do the whole, "saw a fat guy..." and feel good about the others you attract? Do better people!

I carry everyday in Texas.
Sometimes concealed and sometimes not.

And I do not have the tiniest of fucks to give about what anyone thinks.

It's legal and nobody's opinion matters. Some fuckers think they should be armed and not everyone.

I say go stuff a cactus in your ass if you don't like it.

And he looked like a royal dipshit

Big fat roll on him with a noodle for a belt. On said belt, just behind the hip, some tan Glock in a cheap ass leather pancake holster with a pocket for a spare mag.

Between his fat roll and shitty belt the pistol was leaning out like 30 degrees making it stupid easy to disarm him. Did I mention that the holster had zero retention?
Does it bother you this much when you see an unmowed yard full of weeds ? Or a car with a missing tail light ? Or maybe a house that needs painting ?
You seem awefully concerned about someone else's business

Does it bother you this much when you see an unmowed yard full of weeds ? Or a car with a missing tail light ? Or maybe a house that needs painting ?
You seem awefully concerned about someone else's business

Sup sugar?

Did I hit a bit too close to home?

You another one of those dumbshits that walks around with his gun within easy reach of everyone, and even worse completely fucking oblivious?

Bless your heart.........

I hardly saw a word about how we would get that information to those who need it.

That is a good question.

I have tried to politely help people at my club that clearly don't have a fucking clue what they're doing with a handgun.

But the response is almost universally hostile or condescending. So now I just watch them, laugh at them, and go on my way.

Wow. A bunch of Tactical Timmy's and gear snobs who spend 90% of their time posting in the ".45 is better than 9mm" threads or the "Do these Crye pants make my dick look small" topic, acting like some judgy twats on an episode of The View.
To the OP, I get it. Yes, open carry has fallen out of grace over the years. Some for good reasons. Like not using retention holsters..."like the cops do" and the like. True I still see people OCing in some shitty nylon Uncle Mikes holster, and that act alone is very cringe. I am to assume you all have had the full training courses provided by Warrior Poets Society and Garand Thumb on YouTube, with the wealth of tactical knowledge I perused through.
But seriously, how about do we as the gun "community" go about dealing with the indirect acts of aggression that triggers so many of you Primadonna's? I agree that better choices need to be made, but I hardly saw a word about how we would get that information to those who need it. Anyone? Or do you just jump on here and do the whole, "saw a fat guy..." and feel good about the others you attract? Do better people!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

Insightful post! Rather than condemning a fellow shooter my philosophy holds anyone who carries should pack whatever he/she is comfortable and proficient at handling. There are as many different personal reasons and limitations concerning what, where and how to carry as there are firearms to pack. Nor do I care about their gender, age or body mass. I suspect the "operator" snobs will understand as they get older. Too, I suspect we are all at different levels when it comes to skills, choice of equipment, budgets, etc. I'm simply glad to see people exercising their Second Amendment right and let it go at that. It ain't a fashion show.

Last edited:
The "operator" snobs will understand as they get older.
I'll be 56 in a couple of months. How much longer do I need to go?

Too, I suspect we are all at different levels when it comes to skills, choice of equipment, etc.
Equipment is one thing, since a poor choice there only affects the user. Lack of skill is quite another as deficiencies there can affect people who aren't involved in the problem. Quite honestly, the typical pistol user that I see at any of the gun clubs I'm a member of just is plain horrible at shooting when standing still at close range. Add in even a little bit of stress and misses clean off an IDPA target are commonplace. Those misses are harmless when a berm is the only thing behind the target. Not so much when other people are involved. I plainly don't give a shit if my observations and my estimate of what a minimum level of skill at arms should be gets me labeled a snob.

I'm simply glad to have people exercising their Second Amendment right instead of indulging in a fashion show....
With rights come responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to be proficient. How proficient do you need to be? Proficient enough to win and proficient enough to not involve innocents in your gunfight.

I'll be 56 in a couple of months. How much longer do I need to go?

Equipment is one thing, since a poor choice there only affects the user. Lack of skill is quite another as deficiencies there can affect people who aren't involved in the problem. Quite honestly, the typical pistol user that I see at any of the gun clubs I'm a member of just is plain horrible at shooting when standing still at close range. Add in even a little bit of stress and misses clean off an IDPA target are commonplace. Those misses are harmless when a berm is the only thing behind the target. Not so much when other people are involved. I plainly don't give a shit if my observations and my estimate of what a minimum level of skill at arms should be gets me labeled a snob.

With rights come responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to be proficient. How proficient do you need to be? Proficient enough to win and proficient enough to not involve innocents in your gunfight.
Yeah, I believe I mentioned the requirement for proficiency in my post. Funny thing, proficiency is usually something acquired over time and with practice. Well, I mean at least for us mere mortals.

You're 56 and wondering when age will begin to take its toll? It's coming. Trust me......

Last edited:
I like the choice of what to do with my carry gun being mine and mine alone, so concealing it always makes sense to me. Maybe I just want to be a good witness while two motherfuckers kill each other in a Wal-Mart parking lot, I'm not a cop. The only time I open carry is when I'm more worried about animals than people.

Notice how you NEVER see some dude open carrying and are like "that dude clearly knows what's up..." It's always 360lbs of chewed bubble gum with his gut hanging out of a Gruntstyle shirt, diabetic tube socks, velcro shoes, and the aforementioned Uncle Mikes holster. It's probably an XD or a Taurus, or a $400 1911 with Punisher grips, and the biggest fight of his life has the inevitable heart attack he's taking 30 pills a day to stave off.

I'm actually fine with this, he buys the rest of us time since they'll shoot him first. Also, his gun probably doesn't have a round in the chamber so it buys us more time while the methhead that disarmed him works through that problem.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Gosh, ya think there ought to be a weight limit on those exercising their Second Amendment rights? Maybe a mandatory dress code? List of "approved" carry firearms, permission slips from physicians, etc.? Maybe you should run your "common sense" criteria through Moms Demand Action.....

Gosh, ya think there ought to be a weight limit on those exercising their Second Amendment rights? Maybe a mandatory dress code? List of "approved" carry firearms, permission slips from physicians, etc.? Maybe you should run your "common sense" criteria through Moms Demand Action.....

I clearly said I’m fine with it. I don’t care if dudes drag artillery pieces behind their lawn mowers.

I clearly said I’m fine with it. I don’t care if dudes drag artillery pieces behind their lawn mowers.
My comment wasn't about open carry, per se, but about the horrendous stereotypes I am reading on this thread....from professed Second Amendment supporters, no less. I am stunned by the insensitivity and arrogance toward shooters with disabilities and physical limitations, often not of their own making. As if the holier-than-thou commentors somehow magically KNOW why someone wears orthopedic socks, is overweight, rides an electric cart at Wal-Mart, etc. A Google search of disabled shooters yields a treasure trove of heroic shooters, often with diseases, conditions and symptoms I can't even pronounce let alone diagnose from a sneering glance across a parking lot. One diabetic with an amputated leg is the owner of a gun shop specializing in handicap shooters and was the former Director of Handgun Development at Colt. I'm pretty sure he wore orthopedic socks before losing his leg. Certainly not least would be my cousin, a quadriplegic who shoots a tricked-up AR using an air straw trigger release. And need I even mention people with physical and age limitations are the preferred targets of criminals? Three cheers for the tacti-cool, but the lowly unwashed Taurus-toting rabble are my Second Amendment comrades, too....

Last edited:
I'll be your huckleberry..........
Sorry bro, homie don't swing that way.
If you're seriously cruisin for ass, there's probably a better forum for you that has actual women on it.....unless you don't swing that way.
I'm not one to be judgmental though.

Sorry bro, homie don't swing that way.
If you're seriously cruisin for ass, there's probably a better forum for you that has actual women on it.....unless you don't swing that way.
I'm not one to be judgmental though.

Backing down, I see.

Tut-tut

Big fat roll on him with a noodle for a belt. On said belt, just behind the hip, some tan Glock in a cheap ass leather pancake holster with a pocket for a spare mag.

Between his fat roll and shitty belt the pistol was leaning out like 30 degrees making it stupid easy to disarm him. Did I mention that the holster had zero retention?
Pretty sure I saw this fella or his cousin in the grocery a few weeks ago. Each his own, but not my way.

Reactions: 308pirate
I like the choice of what to do with my carry gun being mine and mine alone, so concealing it always makes sense to me. Maybe I just want to be a good witness while two motherfuckers kill each other in a Wal-Mart parking lot, I'm not a cop. The only time I open carry is when I'm more worried about animals than people.

Notice how you NEVER see some dude open carrying and are like "that dude clearly knows what's up..." It's always 360lbs of chewed bubble gum with his gut hanging out of a Gruntstyle shirt, diabetic tube socks, velcro shoes, and the aforementioned Uncle Mikes holster. It's probably an XD or a Taurus, or a $400 1911 with Punisher grips, and the biggest fight of his life has the inevitable heart attack he's taking 30 pills a day to stave off.

I'm actually fine with this, he buys the rest of us time since they'll shoot him first. Also, his gun probably doesn't have a round in the chamber so it buys us more time while the methhead that disarmed him works through that problem.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Diabetic tube socks. Cracking me up!

Has it really reached the point that open carry and physical appearance require the approval from someone on the Hide to be permissible? So who is the Lord of Carry, the Fashion Police Chief, and Physical Fitness Coach that we need to submit our requests to and obtain approvals from?
Uh, I think that might be the poster who claims inexperienced shooters are hostile to him when he offers to impart his priceless unsolicited wisdom....and fashion tips. I can't imagine what might be causing them to display such bad attitudes. The ungrateful Hi-Point slobs! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
There isn’t a solution, their stupidity/ignorance/apathy is probably pervasive in their homes, families, vehicles, jobs, finances, health, and every other part of their life.

It probably isn’t so fair to paint with a broad brush. I spend half my time in the Front Range of CO where I’ve never seen anyone open carry that didn’t fit the fat Molon Labe shit holster stereotype. The other half I spend in rural WY and MT where they’re part of everyday life and I barely notice when someone has a gun at the farm store.

I travel around the West quite a bit. I see more people open carry in Wyoming than any other State. In Colorado, I see open carry more often in Ft Collins and Loveland than I do on the Western Slope. Everyone I've seen open carry in Colorado looks as if they know what their doing. Now I do see those people as the Op described in gun shops, the range, or at a match open carrying.

Last edited:
This is some funny shit. It's like watching a train wreck. What would you rather see these plus-size gentlemen with their highpoints attached to their knees with multiple straps hanging from noodle belts taking down all the clothes off the racks as they move their way through the Wallyworld or the skinny lady at the stoplight with the Biden for president bumper sticker that thinks your lifestyle is wrong? I would buy the plus-size men a pizza and some beer and show them some other carry options that might also be cool and suggest a medical class.

Reactions: Delta Kilo Tango
This is some funny shit. It's like watching a train wreck. What would you rather see these plus-size gentlemen with their highpoints attached to their knees with multiple straps hanging from noodle belts taking down all the clothes off the racks as they move their way through the Wallyworld or the skinny lady at the stoplight with the Biden for president bumper sticker that thinks your lifestyle is wrong? I would buy the plus-size men a pizza and some beer and show them some other carry options that might also be cool and suggest a medical class.
Yep. I just helped two non-shooting neighbors get squared away with their new budget guns. Holsters, better sights, defense ammo and a trip to the range. Turns out, both were reluctant to go shooting for fear they might do something wrong and make fools of themselves. One is now enjoying shooting for its own sake and is thinking about upgrading to a better gun. Even considering joining the gun club. Suspiciously eyeing my reloading bench, too! I didn't even have to act like a pompous tacti-cool ass to win these two new converts over to shooting and the Second Amendment. Oh, BTW, they are both overweight..... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yep. I just helped two non-shooting neighbors get squared away with their new budget guns. Holsters, better sights, defense ammo and a trip to the range. Turns out, both were reluctant to go shooting for fear they might do something wrong and make fools of themselves. One is now enjoying shooting for its own sake and is thinking about upgrading to a better gun. Even considering joining the gun club. Suspiciously eyeing my reloading bench, too! I didn't even have to act like a pompous tacti-cool ass to win these two new converts over to shooting and the Second Amendment. Oh, BTW, they are both overweight..... :ROFLMAO:
but-muh-2a.png

Okay, so I haven't read through all four pages, so sorry if this has been asked ...

But did you disarm him?

;)

I'm actually surprised that OC is even still legal. Obviously I don't want it made illegal, but with all the morons out there OCing just for attention from the community or LE, it's a wonder law makers haven't made it illegal on a federal level.

Are you guys kidding?
You want the feds with more God damn gun controll.

You must be some sort of elitist cunt used to being in charge.

Well thankfully your not in charge. The state is / will of the people.
You can move to some left wing shithole and be free of seeing open carry, good riddance mother fuckers.

When I open carry it's to say, fuck anyone who doesn't like it. This means you, especially eleatist scum and any Karen's with or without a penis in thier mouth or in thier pants.

Move to another state with like mindless sheep.

I'm actually surprised that OC is even still legal. Obviously I don't want it made illegal, but with all the morons out there OCing just for attention from the community or LE, it's a wonder law makers haven't made it illegal on a federal level.

According to the bill of rights and federalist papers, of course it’s legal, didn’t they cover the bill of rights when you came here from whatever less free place you’re from?

According to the bill of rights and federalist papers, of course it’s legal, didn’t they cover the bill of rights when you came here from whatever less free place you’re from?

Yeah, because we all know that the gun grabber have such high respect for the Constitution. 🙄