• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBRs ARE finally legal in Michigan!

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Well as of today we are only our Governor's signature away from SBRs being legal. Although he claimed earlier on this road that he intended on signing this law, he also said that about one for increased carrying abilities for level 2 CPL holders...and that didn't go..

So on that note, now we wait and see!

I am really hoping for this so that I can finally get my stamp and get one built!

Michigan Legislature - Senate Bill 0610 (2013)

Last edited:
Hello, I too live in Michigan so if you would fill me in a little with this new LAW. Does this mean that I could walk into my gun dealer tomorrow and walk out with a short barrel rilfe or what? Or do you still have to apply for a purchase permit?

Hello, I too live in Michigan so if you would fill me in a little with this new LAW. Does this mean that I could walk into my gun dealer tomorrow and walk out with a short barrel rilfe or what? Or do you still have to apply for a purchase permit?

I don't think even E-forms will get you a tax stamp that fast.

Another few weeks/month to have it signed into law then 8+ month wait for the tax stamp...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/raTts-iGixU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Woah, same time as Washington. Going to be a ton of extra forms going through in a few months.

I've been reading that there will be some "lag time" between Michigan approving this bill, and the ATF recognizing Michigan as an SBR/SBS state. Any truth to this, or can we start the process as soon as the bill is signed?

When Michigan just recently approved suppressors, there was no "lag time" with the ATF. The dealers that were already had their SOT approval by the ATF started advertising suppressors for sale almost overnight. I would think SBR's would be treated the same but, hey its the federal govt we're talking about here. Almost nothing they do makes sense.

Time to build me a little something like this.

uploadfromtaptalk1396456033290.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk