• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors School me on suppressors

I use the high temp on my semi-automatic guns, especially SBRs get hot. But on bolt guns I just use the regular metal python.
That makes since. I was looking at the Cole tac hit and then Armageddon brand. But that one looks super nice so it don't slip

That makes since. I was looking at the Cole tac hit and then Armageddon brand. But that one looks super nice so it don't slip
Both are nice. On the Col Tac you can get an option "stricta cord". Basicly let's you attach the cover to the back with a string, so it doesn't slip forward from recoil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schw15
Schw15 and Jackomason - small world. I live in Gunnison. Just getting into suppressors myself and have recently bought a couple. Bought one off of Gunbroker and a used one off another forum, so I've been running around trying to do all the paperwork myself. It's turned out to be a real PITA. If I had to do it over again I'd pay a little more and just go to Salida, where it looks like they'd help me do all the paperwork, fingerprint cards, etc.

Schw15 - good on you for shooting out to 2000 yards and beyond. I've shot out to 1000 maybe a dozen times and regularly shoot to 600 (which for you is basically close range). For me, things start getting challenging out beyond 800, at least with a .308. Can't imagine what it's like at 2000+, even with a round that's better suited to ELR. Add to that some of the wind we get in CO (which always seems to pick up about 5 minutes before I start shooting). Bottom line, I feel like the only way I could consistently get hits at 2000 is if the plate were the size of a garage door.:)

Schw15 and Jackomason - small world. I live in Gunnison. Just getting into suppressors myself and have recently bought a couple. Bought one off of Gunbroker and a used one off another forum, so I've been running around trying to do all the paperwork myself. It's turned out to be a real PITA. If I had to do it over again I'd pay a little more and just go to Salida, where it looks like they'd help me do all the paperwork, fingerprint cards, etc.

Schw15 - good on you for shooting out to 2000 yards and beyond. I've shot out to 1000 maybe a dozen times and regularly shoot to 600 (which for you is basically close range). For me, things start getting challenging out beyond 800, at least with a .308. Can't imagine what it's like at 2000+, even with a round that's better suited to ELR. Add to that some of the wind we get in CO (which always seems to pick up about 5 minutes before I start shooting). Bottom line, I feel like the only way I could consistently get hits at 2000 is if the plate were the size of a garage door.:)
Yes super nice they did everything for me very fast and easy process. I mainly shoot to 1 mile but once you do it and learn it's not that bad but the wind is the killer somedays very hard with switching. Very small world lol when I started I shot those distances at smaller than normal targets to get better and learn

New video is up! If you like it, please go to the YT link, and hit the thumbs-up button, and the SUBSCRIBE button, and share it all over your social medias. I'm really trying to grow my channel. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

i want one for a 300 prc but no clue what to get

If you will only use it on a long barrel bolt gun for fairly slow fire the Ultra 9 is a good choice. If you want to also use it for shorter barrel semi guns, you may want to move away from a titanium can and seek a full auto rated can. Difference is how much heat they can handle.

If you’re wanting it strictly for a bolt-action precision rifle, the Dead Air Nomad-L or Nomad-LT is another great option. I’m waiting on my stamp to show up at my dealer right now, for my Nomad-LT.

So buying my first suppressor and dont know much about them. I know the process as to wait time ect.
But can you ever sell them?
Has anyone wore one out?
Had anyone had issues with direct thread thunderbeast?
what is the best cover?
Do you guys keep strings down to 15 and under?
All new to me and i really appreciate the answers and help. Just trying to get as much info as i can

Side note decided on the thunderbeast ultra 9.
Last cans I got took 6 mos, 4 days. In May 2021
You can sell them in state on a form 4, one tax stamp for the buyer. Out of state, two stamps. Realistically, not worth much used. It's not a MG.
You likely won't wear one out, but you can damage one if it comes loose and you get a baffle hit.
Brake mounted better, put brakes on multiple hosts and share it. Brakes have less a chance of being cross threaded.
Lots of good covers for $60, Armageddon, etc.

Thought I would throw this out there for anyone looking.. Salida gunshop has a hand full of ultras on display right now. The shorter ones are all 7's (2 of each 6.5 and 30 cal.)
20210729_090642.jpg

Be rolling through there monday. I think those require a form 3 and then a form 4 if out of state?

I would recommend going to pewscience.com and reading some sound signature reviews. Most accurate high fidelity suppression data available.

Are you hunting with it, target, ?

How much does weight, suppression, length, attachment method, etc matter to you? Do you want to use it on other hosts?