• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope ring option for 308 MATEN

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
I've always tried to have as much part commonality between my rifles, same grip/stock/slings/sling mounts, etc. I recently picked up two Vortex Scopes, one for the AR, one for the 308. I have the scope for the AR in a Larue LT158, and am looking at a mount for the 308. For the sake of Part commonality, the LT158 would be the logical choice. However, the receiver is long enough that a cantilever mount isn't necessary. Is there really any advantage in going with a LT112 over staying with the LT158?

Thanks,

32B287AC-32B3-4E52-A92B-68020CF844EF-13325-0000120899EDD246_zpsd283fcf3.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it matters much other than appearance. The LT-112 will likely look more appropriate on the Maten, but the cantilever mount will allow you to easily move the scope to an AR-15 if needed.

FWIW, I use the LT-112 on my Maten.

Go with a Bobro. Much nicer mount, will not dmg your upper, and easier to take on and off. It also has a very good RTZ (as far as QD mounts go).

Personally id look at the AADland mounts, i run a 158 on my AR but when i get the parts for my maten ill be running an aadland mount.

Scatter,

That mount is really interesting. They make it in 34/35 MM as well. I am going to take a HARD look at one for a similar purpose.

I'm curious as to why Larue changed their ring design on the OBR mount from the standard split ring. Any advantage to one over the other?

Depending on the scope, vertically split rings can sometimes block the view of the elevation turret from the rear.

Well, I just ordered the LT112. I figure parts commonality is good, but the Lt112 seemed more appropriate for the larger 308 platform.