• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Scope Selection Help Needed

bmrsitebiz

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2012
I am looking for an optic for my AR15/.556 18in gun and I just got it... I love it actually. I currently have an acog on it and that just doesnt ever seem like enough. I am looking for something that is adjustable 1 to 8 maybe 1 to 10 power something that I can get more distance out of. I have been looking around and the only thing I can find is the Mark 8 which is like 4k almost... is there anything out there? What do you just recommend.

Re: Scope Selection Help Needed

USO 1.8-10 t-pal, let ke know if you're interested and I'll work up a quote for you.

if you're ok with starting above 1x, i have a NF 2.5x10x32 on a MK12 and love it. scope fits the weapon perfectly as far as capability.

Using the new weaver 1x5 with red/green lum and am surprised in the quality. It is a true 1x which is what I need but there are a lot of 1x8 and 1x6 scopes ready to hit the market. Leupold should have their new ones out in a month or so.

You could do what we do on our open guns and go with a 2x10 or 3x9 and put a second optic (red dot) on the gun for close and personal or some of the 45 degree iron mounted sights by Barry Dueck.