• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scopes That No One Likes To Admit They Own

For me the most recent example is I took a CompM5 off a $3000 suppressed SBR and replaced it with a $250 Primary Arms 1x micro prism. It's genuinely a nice little optic. The glass is super clear and the reticle is reasonably capable; I was making 200yd hits with it pretty easily on a 1/2 IPSC with no magnifier last weekend. I don't know if I'll keep it on there forever but I'm gonna run it through a carbine class in May and see how it does. But it does get some looks like "you have that gucci rifle and you put a PA optic on it?"

Reactions: ddavis and bobke
Years back when I shot a lot of long range tactical and sniper matches well before PRS came online I saw a lot of guys competing with Sightron scopes.
The guys using Sightron's dialed in their elevation and windage and placed very well. I was impressed by how well they tracked, held zero, and had decent glass for the amount of money they cost.

Reactions: lash and billt
I have that exact same scope mounted on an older Marlin Model 60. It has been an excellent scope. The lower pic is a Marlin 783 in .22 Magnum that wears a Tasco 3-9X Variable. That scope and gun is going on close to 50 years old.

HGrzrgb.jpg

xqvlgXl.jpg
I also have a 50 year old Tasco 3-9X. It's been on many rifles that are long gone. Including a Ruger No1 45/70 never had a single problem. Why, because it was made in Japan not China like todays Tasco's are. I don't use it any more as my old eyes need higher magnification.

Today we're getting to a point where China has vastly improved their quality on a lot of goods. Harbor Freight comes to mind. Back when they opened their doors in 1977, pretty much everything they sold was crap.

Their socket and ratchet sets would either shatter like glass, or else strip out because they had such poor steel and heat treating technology. Today Harbor Freight tools come with the same or better warranty as most other brands.

Their Icon brand has a lifetime warranty, and the quality is as good or better than anything out there. And is priced to match. As always, quality costs money..... Regardless where it's manufactured.

With that said, there is both "good China" and "bad China" available today. We're at the same point with Chinese quality today, that we were with Japan in the early to mid 70's. Japanese cameras and electronics in the 70's were of very high quality. But their cars were crap. They rusted badly due to poor quality steel. And many had a plethora of mechanical problems. And parts were hard to get, and expensive when you could.

Today Japan is a world class producer of goods on most every front. China is headed in the very same direction. Love them or hate them. And remember, Japan was hated by most people in this country back in the 60's and 70's because of the Second World War. It took until a LOT of WW II veterans died off before they were accepted the way they are today.

We now live in a global economy, like it or not. Fords are made in Mexico, and Honda's are made in Ohio, while Toyota's are built in Texas. So if I purchase an affordable Chi-Com scope from a Texas distributor, and it performs well, I can live with it. My economy comes before anyone else's.

Reactions: ddavis and lash
Harbor Freight is still complete fucking garbage. There is no comparison to brands like Snap-On for quality of tool boxes and hand tools. All they do is try to copy everyone else. Their multi meters are good if you think close enough is good enough. Their cutoff discs are good if you like them exploding in your face, and their jack stands are good if you like the potential of them failing suddenly and killing you along with numerous safety recalls.

Was Japan ever Communist?

I'm fully aware that CCP products can't be completely avoided, but I damn sure avoid them whenever possible. Fuck China.

Harbor Freight is still complete fucking garbage. There is no comparison to brands like Snap-On for quality of tool boxes and hand tools. All they do is try to copy everyone else. Their multi meters are good if you think close enough is good enough. Their cutoff discs are good if you like them exploding in your face, and their jack stands are good if you like the potential of them failing suddenly and killing you along with numerous safety recalls.

Was Japan ever Communist?

I'm fully aware that CCP products can't be completely avoided, but I damn sure avoid them whenever possible. Fuck China.
Dont forget the sintered "metal" rather than drop forged steel hammers that shatter like grenades when used,
or the drills that are wont cut anything much harder than cast aluminum,
punches/cold chisels that are so soft they are useless for their intended purposes,
tractor parts made of cheap sand cast iron when they should be nodular cast or forged steel.....ect ect.

Reactions: JMGlasgow
Yeah...ok...

You don't have an argument so you resort to personal attacks by calling me an idiot. Good job. Have fun finding parts for your junk Chinese tool box under warranty in 30 years.

Reactions: carbonbased
Have fun finding parts for your junk Chinese tool box under warranty in 30 years.
There is nothing to "argue" about. I'll be dead in 30 years. And I've never needed a single "part" for any tool box I've ever owned in my last 70 years. So I'm not about to start worrying over needless shit now.

Reactions: lash
I have an old BSA cats eye on a marlin 25
Bought back when I didn’t know much about anything. They suck but it’s like they were made for each other. Still shoot it occasionally today. Loves trash ammo!

Reactions: camocorvette
A Nikon Prostaff 4.5-18x40 BDC shitcan I got on a PTR I traded for back in the day. Still have it collecting dust somewhere. The scope, not the rifle, since my Governor is a CCP-paid for Goldman Sachs fuckface.

It was okay enough to ring steel or watch a coworker shoot deer in the guts with it at 100 yards.......

8 years ago I bought a BSA tactical 6-24 x 44 30mm tube scope at $129. Amazing value. not that far from my newer Vortex pst ll 5-25 x50 in glass quality and use ability at 1/5th the price. I put in on my ar-15 with a 18” 416r whelan chamber and a ARMS #63 QD mount that cost $40 more than the scope. SFP. no illumination. Bright clear glass. Physically lighter than the vortex. One time build then I guess. I have seen people who own 4 or 5 of these. Lifetime warranty

Reactions: want2ride
Funny thing is that the Harbor Fright Icon tools aren’t Chinese. They are Taiwan and are excellent for the price point.
As far as scopes the Bushnell 3200 elite 3x9 is one I had as a hunting scope. $250ish and made in Japan. It was definitely a great scope for a basic deer rifle.

Years back when I shot a lot of long range tactical and sniper matches well before PRS came online I saw a lot of guys competing with Sightron scopes.
The guys using Sightron's dialed in their elevation and windage and placed very well. I was impressed by how well they tracked, held zero, and had decent glass for the amount of money they cost.
I still have my Sightron that I competed with for two years. It’s one of my favorite scopes and still sets right up there for glass and tracking along with many scopes that cost 2-3 times as much now. Only reason it’s still not on a match rifle is that it has no zero stop. I could even live with the basic mill hash reticle.

It is not the cheapest scope I’ve owned by far and in fact was my first “expensive” scope. I still have a 10x SWFA, a 3-15 Bushnell with mil reticle and moa turrets and a Simmons 3-9 that get occasional use. Each does what they need to do and are on rifles where their application is appropriate.

One could say that I’m a reverse scope snob. I don’t believe for a minute that every application calls for the best that money can buy. I call that stupid economics. 😁😎

There is nothing to "argue" about. I'll be dead in 30 years. And I've never needed a single "part" for any tool box I've ever owned in my last 70 years. So I'm not about to start worrying over needless shit now.
This is the type of boomer shit attitude that got us into this situation in the first place.

Selling out your country for the last 70 years so your kids and grand kids have a lower quality of life than you did so your pensions and 401Ks and investment accounts can flourish offshoring trillions of dollars of wealth to communists and people who want to kill Americans.

But hey, yall got yours so fuck everyone else right? Keep buying communist shit.

This is the type of boomer shit attitude that got us into this situation in the first place.

Bullshit. Spare us all that idiotic crap. It isn't, "boomers selling out". It's idiots who are too stupid to understand economics over politics. And who usually can't accept either, without looking for some mythical, non existent "bad guy" to blame it all on.

No matter how much Harbor Freight improves their products, you will always have people calling them cheap crap. Usually while waving the flag, and squawking about how they, "only buy American". Or some such total feel good bullshit.

And 99% of the time they are the same guys who will rave about Snap On, or some other off the truck brand. This regardless of how hard they manage to shove it up their customers asses, with their ridiculously overpriced crap they sell.

That most of the time has a worse guarantee. Not to mention is harder to get replaced when it does take a shit, because they're not sold in stores. And you have no idea when smiling Jack is coming around with his truck again.

These dumb ass, false flag wavers all own and support Chinese products as much or more than the average Harbor Freight shopper does. They're just too dumb to know it, or are too embarrassed to admit it.

Where is your cell phone made? Look under the hood of your "American" car. Try to find anything that says, "Made In Detroit". After you close the hood in disbelief, look at the sticker in the door jam, where it was assembled.

Look at every appliance in your kitchen. Look at the components in your televisions, garage door opener, washing machine and dryer. Look at your electric razor, and the blow dryer your wife uses on her hair every morning. Or the "Mr. Coffee" you both brew your wake up juice on.

Look at where all of your lawn and garden equipment is manufactured. String trimmers, power blowers, or your shiny new "green" electric lawn mower, along with it's lithium batteries. Then come back and tell me how you, "support buying American".

The fact is the boomer generation over their lifetimes, have purchased and supported more American made products and companies, than "Gen X, Y, and Z", along with this latest crop of brain dead, snowflake millennials, all combined ever will. And it wasn't some vast conspiracy of boogeyman who set it all up...... Or people who shop at Harbor Freight.

Bullshit. Spare us all that idiotic crap. It isn't, "boomers selling out". It's idiots who are too stupid to understand economics over politics. And who usually can't accept either, without looking for some mythical, non existent "bad guy" to blame it all on.

No matter how much Harbor Freight improves their products, you will always have people calling them cheap crap. Usually while waving the flag, and squawking about how they, "only buy American". Or some such total feel good bullshit.

And 99% of the time they are the same guys who will rave about Snap On, or some other off the truck brand. This regardless of how hard they manage to shove it up their customers asses, with their ridiculously overpriced crap they sell.

That most of the time has a worse guarantee. Not to mention is harder to get replaced when it does take a shit, because they're not sold in stores. And you have no idea when smiling Jack is coming around with his truck again.

These dumb ass, false flag wavers all own and support Chinese products as much or more than the average Harbor Freight shopper does. They're just too dumb to know it, or are too embarrassed to admit it.

Where is your cell phone made? Look under the hood of your "American" car. Try to find anything that says, "Made In Detroit". After you close the hood in disbelief, look at the sticker in the door jam, where it was assembled.

Look at every appliance in your kitchen. Look at the components in your televisions, garage door opener, washing machine and dryer. Look at your electric razor, and the blow dryer your wife uses on her hair every morning. Or the "Mr. Coffee" you both brew your wake up juice on.

Look at where all of your lawn and garden equipment is manufactured. String trimmers, power blowers, or your shiny new "green" electric lawn mower, along with it's lithium batteries. Then come back and tell me how you, "support buying American".

The fact is the boomer generation over their lifetimes, have purchased and supported more American made products and companies, than "Gen X, Y, and Z", along with this latest crop of brain dead, snowflake millennials, all combined ever will. And it wasn't some vast conspiracy of boogeyman who set it all up...... Or people who shop at Harbor Freight.
Don’t mind Festis, he always rides in on his jackass and offers worthless input.
He has the social skills of a feral cat.

And you’re right about everything.

I actually use my tools to make a living, I'm not some Joe Homeowner complaining because I can't afford nice and better tools like you. The truck comes around weekly like clockwork, and when needed sooner usually will make arrangements to get what I need. You are completely off base on the warranty, I'll just say you have no fucking clue. Have you tried to get Craftsman junk warrantied lately? Keep willingly supporting the China box while giving money indirectly to the CCP. That "mythical bad guy" is China and Communism, and it's real.

My truck was assembled in Wayne, Michigan, the engine is from Cleveland, Ohio. The garbage disposal in my kitchen sink was made here, same with my washing machine, couches, custom blinds, bed frame, mattress, coffee table, entertainment center, furnace, cabinets, 90% of my tools, my "overpriced" tool box, etc. Keep ranting about how nothing is made or assembled here, keep supporting China and calling it "economics over politics". I'll be here supporting USA made products whenever possible.

Oh struck a nerve. Boomers and their lack of self awareness.

HF steals products, they steal designs have them made in china and shipped over to undercut American and Western companies. They lie cheat and steal. They routinely get sued for not only stealing designs but screwing their customers over. In fact they paid a $33M settlement in 2015 for deceptive advertising and changing prices on customers. The only people that would defend such companies or shop there are low life pieces of shit.

No one said you have to buy snap on. There are dozens of tool brands out there. Gearwrench or Tekton or any number of tools made in Taiwan, Korea or other non communist shitholes that sell for reasonable prices and are much higher quality that the junk from HF.

Snap on has a shitty warranty? Thats funny when my pops owned a few auto repair shops back in the day anything from Snapon, Mac, Matco that broke or was defective was exchanged for a brand new tool when the truck came around each week. The benefit to buying those nice tools is while someone who uses them for a living could break them, it doesn't happen often. Its hard to break a quality tool. I still have all those tools that are 30-40 years old and they will last long after I am dead.

Dumbasses like you who can't make a coherent argument always harp on how everyone has Chinese products in their house so they are just as bad. The difference and what is lost on you is some products you have a choice and some you don't. Kids toys, I dont really have much a choice since they are all made in china. Same with cell phones, many electronics ect. What about Scopes? Do you have to buy a Chinese scope? Nope. Do you have to buy a Chinese wrench? No, there are a ton of alternatives and its not much more if any expensive. You choose to support the Chicoms and rationalize it you yourself by saying everyone else does to. Remember lack of self awareness?

The boomers have destroyed this nation. They have done irreparable harm to what was the most powerful and prosperous nation in the world into the shit we have today. They were at the wheel while this happened. They sold the American worker out for cheap Chinese imports to prop up the stock market. They failed to re-invest in our infrastructure which is in tatters today. Their failed drug wars have cost trillions of dollars and millions of lives while taking basic freedoms away from us. They gutted the school systems and allowed the liberal plague to spread. They allowed illegal immigration for decades without doing shit about it so they could have cheap labor, also displacing and devaluing the American worker. Welfare programs exploded under their control. And they still pretend like its not their fault.

Reactions: kcsf
I forgot about this one:
How about an atrocious Chinese rifle with an atrocious Russian scope? Note brass deflector….

EE48C469-809B-41AC-B4DA-434C53620472.jpeg

Oh. I was a mechanic for nearly 36 years and I owned several Snap-On toolboxes and many tools. After being retired for nearly 8 years, I sold these a couple of years ago.

46F9F36A-8A5D-4064-ACD5-F73400EF5C2A.jpeg

Reactions: abn31c
The boomers have destroyed this nation. They have done irreparable harm to what was the most powerful and prosperous nation in the world into the shit we have today.

This country is on the verge of communism today, because we have a nation full of dipshit, snowflake millennials, who want and expect cradle to grave government entitlements. Not because baby boomers are buying Chinese wrenches. Wake up and smell the shit you're shoveling.

This type of idiotic nonsense didn't exist even 30 years ago. Today our nation is saturated with it, and them. You're no different. People like you are always looking for someone else to blame for your own shortcomings. Just like these assholes.

Reactions: f2504x4 and lash
This country is on the verge of communism today, because we have a nation full of dipshit, snowflake millennials, who want and expect cradle to grave government entitlements. Not because baby boomers are buying Chinese wrenches. Wake up and smell the shit you're shoveling.

This type of idiotic nonsense didn't exist even 30 years ago. Today our nation is saturated with it, and them. You're no different. People like you are always looking for someone else to blame for your own shortcomings. Just like these assholes.

LOL. Why is that? Shitty boomer parents who failed to raise a generation with morals and work ethic. These issues have been going on for many decades. Was it the 4 year old millennials selling out American workers and offshoring Jobs to communist nations. Was it the 2 year old Millennial who did nothing about illegal immigration for decades. Who decimated the pension systems and wrecked industry using communist unions by being greedy fucks and expecting to get more out of the system than they put in? The changes today are the result of actions or inactions in the 70's 80's and 90's. Who the fuck was in power and control at that time?

Boomers have been at the wheel of this bus for 50 fucking years but somehow its the fault of people with little money, no power, no positions of power or no real way to make massive change. What is the average age of a Senator or House Rep? President? Fortune 500 board of director? Administration at EDU?

My generation has their own issues and are not without fault. However they have been given a shitty deal with little promise of a good life. You boomer fucks were given a Golden Palace and pissed it all away due to your own fucking greed and arrogance. And then you have the balls to blame it on people who were not even old enough to do anything...............Typical boomer low IQ shit.

Boomers have been at the wheel of this bus for 50 fucking years but somehow its the fault of people with little money, no power, no positions of power or no real way to make massive change.

You're "at your own wheel" with what you make out of your life. All you are doing is making petty excuses for your own failures and shortcomings, with all of your bitching and whining.

"It's the parents. It's the teachers. It's the government. It's the boomers. It's Wall Street". It's always someone or something else that caused their dumb ass failures. Just like those dumb fuck millennials in the video.

You people think someone else is responsible for helping you to pave your bumpy road. Too bad. Life doesn't work that way. Quit your fucking whining, and stop blaming others for your own inabilities to succeed.

It's not my fault, or anyone else's that you're a dumb fuck who can't seem to make it in life. Or is struggling. Or are not as successful as you want to be. Perhaps YOUR parents should have raised YOU better.

You're just like these idiots who are blaming Social Security going broke, for them not being able to retire. S.S. was NEVER meant to live on, or retire on. No matter, "the boomers wrecked it". On and on they whine and cry. My heart pumps pure piss for them... And you.

If you assholes spent half as much time cleaning up your own act, as you do blaming everyone else, you might not find yourself so blatantly fucked up.

LOL. Why is that? Shitty boomer parents who failed to raise a generation with morals and work ethic. These issues have been going on for many decades. Was it the 4 year old millennials selling out American workers and offshoring Jobs to communist nations. Was it the 2 year old Millennial who did nothing about illegal immigration for decades. Who decimated the pension systems and wrecked industry using communist unions by being greedy fucks and expecting to get more out of the system than they put in? The changes today are the result of actions or inactions in the 70's 80's and 90's. Who the fuck was in power and control at that time?

Boomers have been at the wheel of this bus for 50 fucking years but somehow its the fault of people with little money, no power, no positions of power or no real way to make massive change. What is the average age of a Senator or House Rep? President? Fortune 500 board of director? Administration at EDU?

My generation has their own issues and are not without fault. However they have been given a shitty deal with little promise of a good life. You boomer fucks were given a Golden Palace and pissed it all away due to your own fucking greed and arrogance. And then you have the balls to blame it on people who were not even old enough to do anything...............Typical boomer low IQ shit.
I think you guys are forgetting that its the Jews controlling your minds with Hip Hop and trap music making everyone stupider.
Source: I am a Jew.

Btw anyone reppin fake leupolds?

You're "at your own wheel" with what you make out of your life. All you are doing is making petty excuses for your own failures and shortcomings, with all of your bitching and whining.

"It's the parents. It's the teachers. It's the government. It's the boomers. It's Wall Street". It's always someone or something else that caused their dumb ass failures. Just like those dumb fuck millennials in the video.

You people think someone else is responsible for helping you to pave your bumpy road. Too bad. Life doesn't work that way. Quit your fucking whining, and stop blaming others for your own inabilities to succeed.

It's not my fault, or anyone else's that you're a dumb fuck who can't seem to make it in life. Or is struggling. Or are not as successful as you want to be. Perhaps YOUR parents should have raised YOU better.

You're just like these idiots who are blaming Social Security going broke, for them not being able to retire. S.S. was NEVER meant to live on, or retire on. No matter, "the boomers wrecked it". On and on they whine and cry. My heart pumps pure piss for them... And you.

If you assholes spent half as much time cleaning up your own act, as you do blaming everyone else, you might not find yourself so blatantly fucked up.
I can't make it in life? Please tell the IRS that, i just cut them a 5 figure check that could have bought a new truck. I probably made more money in a year at age 30 than you ever made. Take your ignorant shit somewhere else.

Who is responsible for us being in this situation? Who created the environment? Who took the most successful, wealthy and prosperous nation on earth and stripped it? Who was in control as the middle class was eroded? What policies caused all of this? Yea it was the millennials who were not in congress, not in corporate America, not running the government, not old enough to even vote who are responsible.

Who wrote and passed the laws allowing people to take more than they give from SS? Who allowed SS to be raided and borrowed against causing solvency issues? Who wrote and passed the laws letting people get SSDI despite being able bodied? Who failed to financial plan and are reliant on SS? I used to be a financial advisor and a good 90-95% of people did not save enough for comfortable retirement. Guess which age bracket ALL of them were?

I think we should kill SS, medicaid and all forms of welfare. Don't work? Starve. Didn't save enough for retirement? Learn to suck dick.

Explain to me how I can clean up the act. How do i fix all the fuck ups you and your generation created? You sent jobs overseas, you destroyed American infrastructure, you decimated the public school and higher education systems, you sold out this county to corporate interests while allowing leftist scum to infiltrate every layer of society while you sat back watched football and got diabetes. Should you all be stripped of your wealth as punishment for failing to be good stewards of this nation and its interests; and use that to rebuild? Should you have to bear the burden of your actions? Should you pay for it? Some would say yes.

Reactions: kcsf
I can't make it in life? Please tell the IRS that, i just cut them a 5 figure check that could have bought a new truck. I probably made more money in a year at age 30 than you ever made. Take your ignorant shit somewhere else.

Who is responsible for us being in this situation? Who created the environment? Who took the most successful, wealthy and prosperous nation on earth and stripped it? Who was in control as the middle class was eroded? What policies caused all of this? Yea it was the millennials who were not in congress, not in corporate America, not running the government, not old enough to even vote who are responsible.

Who wrote and passed the laws allowing people to take more than they give from SS? Who allowed SS to be raided and borrowed against causing solvency issues? Who wrote and passed the laws letting people get SSDI despite being able bodied? Who failed to financial plan and are reliant on SS? I used to be a financial advisor and a good 90-95% of people did not save enough for comfortable retirement. Guess which age bracket ALL of them were?

I think we should kill SS, medicaid and all forms of welfare. Don't work? Starve. Didn't save enough for retirement? Learn to suck dick.

Explain to me how I can clean up the act. How do i fix all the fuck ups you and your generation created? You sent jobs overseas, you destroyed American infrastructure, you decimated the public school and higher education systems, you sold out this county to corporate interests while allowing leftist scum to infiltrate every layer of society while you sat back watched football and got diabetes. Should you all be stripped of your wealth as punishment for failing to be good stewards of this nation and its interests; and use that to rebuild? Should you have to bear the burden of your actions? Should you pay for it? Some would say yes.
No, I think that you should be paid reparations for not having to go to to war and not having to live with rationing and for all of the other imaginary suffering you’ve had to do. Just like so many others that still want to blame others instead of seeing that greed exists and always will exist and that that is truly the problem.

Sure, blame the previous generation for that. It’s as convenient and handy as any other nebulous blame handed out so that nobody pays attention to the real hands in the cookie jar.

The more you postulate and pontificate, the more you show yourself to be exactly what you are blaming a previous generation for being. Welcome.

Who is responsible for us being in this situation? Who created the environment? Who took the most successful, wealthy and prosperous nation on earth and stripped it?

"Stripped it" of what? This still is the most successful and prosperous nation on the face of this Earth. What the fuck are you whining about? My parents and grandparents lost everything in the Depression. They didn't blame anyone. Not the banks. Not even Herbert Hoover.

They made changes, went to work, and rebuilt. They retired and survived just fine. But they worked and saved their asses off. They didn't sit on the curb and bitch like you are, looking for someone to blame it all on.

Now these kids bitch and moan because they can't get their student loans "forgiven". Or get "Free" health care, or "Free" housing...... Which they think is some God given right. Who the fuck told them to borrow the money in the first place? The only thing wrong with this country, is we have turned into a bunch of cry babies and whiners. You're a perfect example.

So I actually watched a minute or two of that adam corrolla video, and Im not saying whos right or wrong BUT, he said were dealing with the first wave of millennial participation trophy recipients. So, who gave them those participation trophies? Just sayin....

So I actually watched a minute or two of that adam corrolla video, and Im not saying whos right or wrong BUT, he said were dealing with the first wave of millennial participation trophy recipients. So, who gave them those participation trophies? Just sayin....

What is the average age of a K-12 public school teacher in this country?

What is the average age of a K-12 public school teacher in this country?
Roughly 30 years old. But in 1998, when most millennials wouldve been in kindergarten or elementary school, if the average teacher was 30-42, then nowadays theyd be closer to late 50s-60s, putting them in the late boomer category.

Your guys arguments are like two sides of the same coin, with the younger dude trying to find anyone to blame besides himself, and the old guy blaming the younger guy for everything brought upon himself.

While it is not entirely either party's fault for the condition of the countries culture, the millennials definitely have a screwed up set of values, BUT the older generation and those in academia are at least partially responsible for instilling these values in the younger generation, naturally being that they were the ones who raised todays 30 something year old adults.

And no, its not just the teachers fault, its all the parents who brought up latchkey kids, and the people that slowly disentigrated family units and morals by failing to teach their kids the necessary disciplines for becoming well rounded successful adults.

Now that these kids are adults and theyve graduated school and college with people from the previous generation having drilled feminism, gender politics, and anti capitalist sentiment into their brains, they have CREATED a rash of people who do nothing but find problems instead of solutions.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
I taught Physics for over 30 years ,now retired, and mho is that if the parents have brought up their children with a good set of values their children are usually wonderful students. On open school night when parents come for conferences with their children's teachers guess who shows up. Correct, the ones who have students who behave well in class and usually achieve decent grades. I don't think a teacher can do anymore than present a positive example for students emulate. It's the parents who have the most influence on a Childs moral compass. And sometimes it's peer pressure that causes students to choose a different moral compass despite what the parents have done to bring up their child.

I taught Physics for over 30 years ,now retired, and mho is that if the parents have brought up their children with a good set of values their children are usually wonderful students. On open school night when parents come for conferences with their children's teachers guess who shows up. Correct, the ones who have students who behave well in class and usually achieve decent grades. I don't think a teacher can do anymore than present a positive example for students emulate. It's the parents who have the most influence on a Childs moral compass. And sometimes it's peer pressure that causes students to choose a different moral compass despite what the parents have done to bring up their child.
I couldn't agree more. As a teacher of a STEM subject, i would hope the progressive agenda didnt impact your curriculum as much, but when i went back to finish college ten years ago, the "liberal arts" departments were just that, a department full of liberals.

But yes, it is the younger parents mostly that have propagated the hip hop culture that has ruined our countries youth.

Reactions: Gohring65
If you want to sum up the current education system, look no further than men in womens sports and the educators unwilling to define a woman and who can have children. Or teaching kindergarteners of sexuality preferences.

I’m still trying to find the snap on and harbor freight scopes that sparked this discussion.

I tried to intercept the derailment but i believe this thread has gone kamikaze on itself
If you want to sum up the current education system, look no further than men in womens sports and the educators unwilling to define a woman and who can have children. Or teaching kindergarteners of sexuality preferences.

I’m still trying to find the snap on and harbor freight scopes that sparked this discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Gohring65
I have a Cabela's 6-24 Covenant FFP on a Bergara B-14R that I got nearly free when they had a big sale, and I used points and a gift card.

It has an MOA reticle but I kind of like the finer resolution on a 22LR. It focuses down to 25 yards and the only issue I have had with it is when dialing up or down, it might take a couple shots to fully settle but the error is so small that I can only see it when shooting paper. 99% of the time I hold so I don't see the error.

While it is not entirely either party's fault for the condition of the countries culture, the millennials definitely have a screwed up set of values, BUT the older generation and those in academia are at least partially responsible for instilling these values in the younger generation....

Teaching is a job, like any other. And teachers are instructed to teach and administer a given, pre planned, pre selected curriculum. One they themselves might not necessarily agree with. They can't teach whatever they want, how they want. Or whatever they themselves believe in.

Much like the police and military. They are just instruments who deliver whatever laws, policy, or orders they are given. It's not their choice. Just like my job or yours, we do what we're told. I didn't necessarily agree with the methods that were employed. But like them, I didn't have any say so.

If you don't like it, your only option is to leave. That's not easy if you're a teacher who has tenure, or are close to getting it. You would be throwing too much away. I can guarantee you there are a lot of unhappy teachers out there today, who don't agree with what is being shoved into these kids heads today. So the harsh reality is that it's not their fault. And it matters least of all if there age happens to put them into a given generation or category.

I don't know about you, but as a student I questioned A LOT of what I was taught in school. Liberalism wasn't invented last week. Kids today seem to question nothing, and are eager to swallow whatever they are told.... Especially if it pertains to something they think they are entitled to. Or are told they should be entitled to it.

Teaching is a job, like any other. And teachers are instructed to teach and administer a given, pre planned, pre selected curriculum. One they themselves might not necessarily agree with. They can't teach whatever they want, how they want. Or whatever they themselves believe in.

Much like the police and military. They are just instruments who deliver whatever laws, policy, or orders they are given. It's not their choice. Just like my job or yours, we do what we're told. I didn't necessarily agree with the methods that were employed. But like them, I didn't have any say so.

If you don't like it, your only option is to leave. That's not easy if you're a teacher who has tenure, or are close to getting it. You would be throwing too much away. I can guarantee you there are a lot of unhappy teachers out there today, who don't agree with what is being shoved into these kids heads today. So the harsh reality is that it's not their fault. And it matters least of all if there age happens to put them into a given generation or category.

I don't know about you, but as a student I questioned A LOT of what I was taught in school. Liberalism wasn't invented last week. Kids today seem to question nothing, and are eager to swallow whatever they are told.... Especially if it pertains to something they think they are entitled to. Or are told they should be entitled to it.
Though average joes don't ha ve much of a choice, the socio economic issues we are plagued with stem from subversive politics in the Vietnam era spearheaded by those born shortly after or during WWII where the intersection of technological advancements and globalization has created a mire of people of the present generations who dont know where they stand.

It seems that the trope "hard times create strong men, strong men create good times..." Has come full circle, and the only economic propulsion strong enough to create a generation of more resilient individuals would be another war on a major geopolitical theater. War is what drives the economy from the underbelly of society.

The cycle completed itself from the time of the civil war to ww1, and again between ww1 and 2. So until something major enough to reinstate the draft happens, were stuck with a bunch of whiners born from the boomer political elites

Boomers as a whole group have most certainly led to the decline of the USA more than any other.
Let’s look at some of their crowning achievement and stellar advice.
Outsourcing and turning companies into soulless money first and money last attitude corporations. You see I believe in capitalism, but I also believe in the golden rule. Making money is great I love it. Enriching myself while screwing over everyone else however isn’t cool. It’s certainly not of Christ or Morality.
The best part of all this is boomers complain that domestically made products have fell behind. Most domestic manufacturers are fighting with both arms behind their back yet still produce a better product IMO.
Any min now someone will use the good old cell phone argument along with where’s the computer you’re posting from made. It’s a sad and stupid argument that’s is way over used.
I’m just not even gonna go there for now.
One of my other favorites is Boomers convincing their children that they all had to have college degrees. Even to dig a ditch they say lol. “You just need that piece of paper”is a phrase I’ve heard 1000 times growing up. Of course they’re the same generation that would hire somebody less qualified as long as they had that college degree over a “uneducated “ prospect. I’m glad I didn’t listen to that advice.
It just goes on and on.
Plain and simple Boomers ( as a whole) are a gigantic selfish bunch of douche bags.
How does this all apply to a optics thread at this point I don’t know.

deathbeforedismount may be an asshole but that doesn’t make him wrong.
I know I feel his pain I just had to cut a check for over $60,000 to the IRS day before yesterday on top of what I paid quarterly. It’s fucking insane and quite honestly pisses me off.
I think it’s time to have a drink I’m taking off early

Boomers as a whole group have most certainly led to the decline of the USA more than any other.
Let’s look at some of their crowning achievement and stellar advice.
Outsourcing and turning companies into soulless money first and money last attitude corporations. You see I believe in capitalism, but I also believe in the golden rule. Making money is great I love it. Enriching myself while screwing over everyone else however isn’t cool. It’s certainly not of Christ or Morality.
The best part of all this is boomers complain that domestically made products have fell behind. Most domestic manufacturers are fighting with both arms behind their back yet still produce a better product IMO.
Any min now someone will use the good old cell phone argument along with where’s the computer you’re posting from made. It’s a sad and stupid argument that’s is way over used.
I’m just not even gonna go there for now.
One of my other favorites is Boomers convincing their children that they all had to have college degrees. Even to dig a ditch they say lol. “You just need that piece of paper”is a phrase I’ve heard 1000 times growing up. Of course they’re the same generation that would hire somebody less qualified as long as they had that college degree over a “uneducated “ prospect. I’m glad I didn’t listen to that advice.
It just goes on and on.
Plain and simple Boomers ( as a whole) are a gigantic selfish bunch of douche bags.
How does this all apply to a optics thread at this point I don’t know.

deathbeforedismount may be an asshole but that doesn’t make him wrong.
I know I feel his pain I just had to cut a check for over $60,000 to the IRS day before yesterday on top of what I paid quarterly. It’s fucking insane and quite honestly pisses me off.
I think it’s time to have a drink I’m taking off early
Jesus christ thats more than i made in a whole year working at a gun store peddling all the crap we were originally discussing on this thread.