• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scratched Bushnell!!! The Safe Queen Lost Her Virginity...

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
34r9m6g.jpg

So I was looking at the windage knob on my XRS and noticed all this scratching, which i think is due to brass ejection. Not a big deal to me as i am hard on my gear anyways, but am I doing something wrong here? It's a weird location for any other type of scratch to happen, and I am just wondering if i need to change something or if anyone else has seen this. Scope is mounted on a GAP .308 that can be seen here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-rifles/221932-get-little-mud-tires-pics.html

Hoping private snowballs can chime in as he is the resident expert in these matters...

Lol, needs more scratches! Always glad to see someone actually using their gear and putting a little character on them.

Yea, that scope is ruined now. Better sell it at a huge loss!

OMG!!!!! How the fuck did that happen? I would send that son of a bitch back to bushnell and tell them that I told you to tell them to quit putting pussy finishes on these scopes. At least the rest of it is ok right? So you can put pictures of it your rifle on the coffee table or by the pool up without embarrassment! I don't know how you're sleeping knowing that scratch is there....oh my stomach is in knots thinking about it.

34r9m6g.jpg

So I was looking at the windage knob on my XRS and noticed all this scratching, which i think is due to brass ejection. Not a big deal to me as i am hard on my gear anyways, but am I doing something wrong here? It's a weird location for any other type of scratch to happen, and I am just wondering if i need to change something or if anyone else has seen this. Scope is mounted on a GAP .308 that can be seen here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-rifles/221932-get-little-mud-tires-pics.html

Hoping private snowballs can chime in as he is the resident expert in these matters...

Its from the sako extractor you have on your bolt.

It's got character now.
As long as the glass ain't scratched, you're golden.

You can touch it up with Birchwood Casey Aluma Black if it bothers you, or a magic marker if you need a quicker fix.

We def know that it isnt [MENTION=37952]VJJPunisher[/MENTION]s because his guns never come out the safe.

Used, as It should be.
Soon to be painted, as it should be.
I see you have bean offered $100 dollars for the now totally destroyed and unacceptable optic in question, I'll double it........just saying.

I would just drop it in a bucket of 200 degree tar because that scopes screwed ... Or just some old fashion krylon over that little nick would do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did. I think this was a VJJ/dirt78 collaboration, a dirtyVJJ if you will. An instant classic in my opinion.

It was all fun and games until he saw THE SCRATCH.
VJJSMEEEEGE--.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

By the way...Thats not drool.