• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Hey I can hope now can’t I? Lol I fully expect 10-26th for my shipment date, I just hope I can be 2 to 3 weeks behind some of the hide members here, heck my nx 16 and 18 uppers were 2 months early (shipped in 3 weeks instead of the 3 month quoted time frame)

I dropped my Havak in a Bravo and fed 6.5 PRC without issue out of 2 unmodified ARC mags. I did not specifically try putting upward pressure on the mag in a barricade but can test that later and report back. I am able to dry fire from a prone position though with those mags with no issue. I ran this for 125 rounds so far with 100 of those being in a prone ELR club match (not thinking about the mags at all).

Do they drop into the bravo with out modifying it?

Is there a way to get flush cups on the left side? I rather not risk doing it myself in fear of cracking the carbon if I can't get my tool spinning fast enough.

Ordered mine in Feb, just picked it up last thursday. It's a PH in 6.5CM. Waiting for a scope to show up in the mail and will have it on the range promptly thereafter..

so after messing with the accurate mag, arc, aics singe stack, and aics AW, the AW will have the most reliability if the mag has any kind of upward pressure. bc of the lugs located in the 12/6 o'clock position, the bottom lug will come in contact with the feed lips on single stack mags. looks like the only thing that I'll have to do is file a little bevel on the feeding rear part of the mag follower. just FYI

went out today and I have about 80 rounds though my havak dropped in a krg bravo chassis.... so far very promising.

Reactions: Alarka
Is anyone having issues with the magazine riding too high in the KRG bravo and the bolt hitting the feedlips? The bolt will barely close and won't seat with bolt closed without a lot of force? This happens with Aics,Magpul and alpha magazines.
Not sure I see an adjustment for that

Thanks

Is anyone having issues with the magazine riding too high in the KRG bravo and the bolt hitting the feedlips? The bolt will barely close and won't seat with bolt closed without a lot of force? This happens with Aics,Magpul and alpha magazines.
Not sure I see an adjustment for that

Thanks

Yep, a few of us had the same issue with three different Rem 700 aftermarket stocks. What I did was to file down the magazine catch in the DBM so that the mag would sit a little lower. It worked but not sure why we would have to do this to a Rem 700 profiled action. And I had the same issue with three different DBM's from different companies. I've had Seekins new DBM on order since January and for months they kept telling me it's backlogged, then I come to find out in June, they haven't even started making them yet. I hope it works with the Havak action without any mods.

Can anyone give me a rough comparison in HAVAK barrel contours to others? Is the Magpul stocked one same contour as PH1 just fluted?

Can anyone give me a rough comparison in HAVAK barrel contours to others? Is the Magpul stocked one same contour as PH1 just fluted?
It’s thicjer than Rem Varmint contour. Look back a couple pages and one of the guys did a measurement using calipers

Reactions: trob_205
6.5 creed HP1 ordered. Will have it mid next week. Going to pick up a KRG Bravo with Arca Rail for it and have a 4.5-27 Razor waiting to top it off. Pretty pumped. Now black or FDE bravo? ?

You guys can also check with your local dealers. Any of them that deal with RSR group can get them if available. They had a 6.5cm HP1 or two available for shipment Thursday last week. Should be in anyday. They also stock the PH1

Brand new bolt gun owner here. Can the Havak theoretically drop into any R700 Short Action chassis (assuming some minor fitting with a hand file)?

Also, for everyone ordering the Bravo @trob_205 @southerngolfer @Txmxracer , why choose the Bravo over other options like the Whiskey3 or a Manners?

Brand new bolt gun owner here. Can the Havak theoretically drop into any R700 Short Action chassis (assuming some minor fitting with a hand file)?

Also, for everyone ordering the Bravo @trob_205 @southerngolfer @Txmxracer , why choose the Bravo over other options like the Whiskey3 or a Manners?
I’m a pretty big fan of the bravo honestly. I really like the feel of Cheek and grip. And just because the base chassis is $350 doesn’t mean it can’t become a $700 setup with all the accessories they offer. And IMHO it wouldn’t be putting lipstick on a pig in doing so.

The havak has more material in front of the recoil lug and might not fit perfect in any 700 chassis. Also maybe I read the rear Action screw tang might be a touch wider as well? Dont quote me on that. If going with a actual stock that needs bedded then whoever does that will be able to get it in there. It just depends on manufactur and I’m sure manners and McMillan would be able to inlet it for it. Seekins is actually releasing stocks and barrels eventually for the havak too to be sold individual. Who knows on time frame for that but according to some trade show vids out there it’s supposed to happen.

I chose the bravo bc this was a “budget” build and dual purpose , hunting/practice rifle. I stuck a NF SHV F1. I chose the bravo bc I already have a manners and it was a close match and price was very enticing

I'm looking for one in 6.5 PRC, I hate to order without at least handling one, convince myself the "rough action" claim is not true

Wouldnt call it rough, just vey hard and tight on the lock-up. Cams over like a round with a bullet crammed on the lands. I love the rifle and mine shoots lights out, but the action is stiff; my only complaint.

I'm looking for one in 6.5 PRC, I hate to order without at least handling one, convince myself the "rough action" claim is not true

I think of rough as the motion of the bolt going fore and aft. Mine smoothed in the first 25 rounds. I think most bolt actions have some level of wear in. The bolt cams a bit hard on close but has little effort on lift. I ran my 6.5 PRC HAVAK in an ELR type club match and did not have an issue with it when I was running it fast and hard on the clock where I was not thinking about it. I think the bolt handle has a big part in that also. IIRC, seekins is also supposed to have different bolt knobs available at some point.

Reactions: trob_205
Mine is on the 10 day wait period, the bolt is way way smoother than anything I have touched before, the guy that works at my gun store brought in his bighorn tl3 and we compared them side by side, my havak was just as smooth but had a much easier bolt lift and close when recocking the firing pin, the barrel profile is a little thick and I am not sold on the magpul hunter (think I need a grayboe or bravo) the magpul mag rubs slightly on the feed lips but I figure a light sanding ought to fix that.

What kind of bullets have those of you with the 300wm been using ? What has worked for you?

Anybody know the maximum cartridge overall length that can be achieved, while still fitting/functioning in the 300wm magazine ?

Wouldnt call it rough, just vey hard and tight on the lock-up. Cams over like a round with a bullet crammed on the lands. I love the rifle and mine shoots lights out, but the action is stiff; my only complaint.

Just received the two Havaks I ordered in March. I'll comment a bit on the 'tight lock-up'.

First, there's a fair amount of cock-on-close with this action. Looks like aporoximately 2/3 cock-on-open and 1/3 cock-on-close... Some people really hate any cock-on-close in their actions, especially benchrest shooters. I'm undecided at this point. Theoretically I like the idea of spreading the cocking effort out for lighter bolt manipulation...

Second, on the one rifle I've got around to shooting, it appears that the factory head-space was only 0.0015" - 0.002" over virgin brass so there may have been some bolt contact on the bolt close.

Just received the two Havaks I ordered in March. I'll comment a bit on the 'tight lock-up'.

First, there's a fair amount of cock-on-close with this action. Looks like aporoximately 2/3 cock-on-open and 1/3 cock-on-close... Some people really hate any cock-on-close in their actions, especially benchrest shooters. I'm undecided at this point. Theoretically I like the idea of spreading the cocking effort out for lighter bolt manipulation...

Second, on the one rifle I've got around to shooting, it appears that the factory head-space was only 0.0015" - 0.002" over virgin brass so there may have been some bolt contact on the bolt close.

What chamberings did you get?

Muzzle diameter of 300wm barrel? I’m thinking about ordering a brake. Can’t seem to find the diameter on the web anywhere . Have not received Rifle yet. Im 22 days away from the 4 month mark .

Muzzle diameter of 300wm barrel? I’m thinking about ordering a brake. Can’t seem to find the diameter on the web anywhere . Have not received Rifle yet. Im 22 days away from the 4 month mark .
I sent Seekins a list of questions this week. This was one of them. The exchange is copied below...

2. Scott Weichel is sending me a couple of his new brakes to try. What is the diameter of the PH1 28 Nosler barrel at the muzzle, just before the threads?

The barrel tapper just before the threads is 0.70" we personally use our ATC brake that can accommodate up to .745" barrels since the timing nut partially shouds the barrel. If you look up Seekins Precision Havak from cabela's you will see a few exclusive models with the brake installed to see what it looks like.

Well you can sell the Magpul and get a KRG. At the price it's selling for, it's a steal IMO. I'll have my HP1 next week and I'll be swapping the stock out with an Iota Kremlin.
I'm in the midst of deciding whether I want an SP-10 or a Havak. I have a 30% Seekins code (actually, I have a couple, if anyone needs a spare) to put towards the purchase. Just can't decide which direction to go. It would be fun to dabble in PRS, but I also compete in Run N Gun matches (15k-10k two gun biathlon) and I would like to be able to run in Heavy division. I guess I'll just need to buy both!
Do you happen to have any more of those discount codes you would share? I am in the market for a 28 nosler Havak.

I saw someone mention having seekins discounts but I don't think they ever followed through. I've got three 20% discount cards, if anyone is interested shoot me a message.
I’m interested in a discount card. Please let me know.

Website says it’s standard 5/16th threaded for easy replacement, most companies make one in that thread pitch it seems.
I was under the impression that it’s almost the whole handle that gets theaded off by the looks of the one I have waiting for me at the shop. I’m picking it up tomorrow and get a better look at it I guess.

Finally picked the rifle and everything else up today and mounted scope. KRG took a little finesse with about 50 thousands taken off mag catch latch to allow for mag function, and bolt hits the cheek piece once high enough. It’s definitely touching where I like it so I’m going to add a cheek eez pad to keep from altering the polymer any. Other than that it’s a plug and play with the Havak. This is a newer batch of Bravos so it already had the recoil lug area relieved.

Guys the action is like glass once you drop a little lube on the lugs and the bolt stop channel. The little bit of binding/roughness that guys might feel is from bolt stop having a pretty heavy spring to it. I dropped some Wilson universal lube in the stop channel and it ran like butter and only getting better. I cannot wait to shoot this thing!

Attachments

• 514E2968-A096-4298-81F9-721BA0BDFA80.jpeg
    514E2968-A096-4298-81F9-721BA0BDFA80.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 178
Finally picked the rifle and everything else up today and mounted scope. KRG took a little finesse with about 50 thousands taken off mag catch latch to allow for mag function, and bolt hits the cheek piece once high enough. It’s definitely touching where I like it so I’m going to add a cheek eez pad to keep from altering the polymer any. Other than that it’s a plug and play with the Havak. This is a newer batch of Bravos so it already had the recoil lug area relieved.

Guys the action is like glass once you drop a little lube on the lugs and the bolt stop channel. The little bit of binding/roughness that guys might feel is from bolt stop having a pretty heavy spring to it. I dropped some Wilson universal lube in the stop channel and it ran like butter and only getting better. I cannot wait to shoot this thing!

Send KRG an email and get a tikka cheek rest, it will fix the bolt hitting it.

Reactions: kingston