• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

I ordered mine today in 6.5 CM. I was really strongly considering 6.5 PRC but talked myself out of it. CS rep told me around 4 months, that should still give me time to hunt deer season in KY or TN. I already have seekins rings and a Bushnell DMR 2 waiting for it in the safe.

dworrel, I have a brand new Havak 6.5 PRC i have been trying to sell since we didn't draw any sheep tags (needed a lightweight rifle) and now your making me rethink selling it. Can you tell me the velocities you were getting with both the ammos? And what did you use for a brake (or a can)?
Thank you

Well, you could kill a deer or an elk deader than a doornail with a 6.5PRC.

Mammoth, why would you have to bed the stock again if you added an adjustable cheek piece? The rifle already comes bedded from Seekins.

If this is the rile you guys are talking about it's mine. All I did was send the stock to Stock Doc and have him do his adj. cheek piece job on it. Got the stock back, dropped my barreled action back in, and went shooting.

Where did you send your stock?

Reactions: Alarka
Thanks for posting Bri0243 I just emailed Joe about the cheek piece mod...When I receive the gun from Seekins that is.

I have a Seekins Havak PH1 in 300 Win Mag NIB but test fired at the factory I am going to sell for $1700. Let me know if interested. This rifle Has the New carbon fiber stock made by Seekins and carbon fiber magazine.

I have a Seekins Havak PH1 in 300 Win Mag NIB but test fired at the factory I am going to sell for $1700. Let me know if interested. This rifle Has the New carbon fiber stock made by Seekins and carbon fiber magazine.
I appreciate the offer let me see if I can get a ETA as my time line is tight this year.

I have a 6mm CM and it’s a great rifle. I actually replaced the stock with a modified to fit HS varmint.
Only thing I had to get used to was the force required to close the bolt. Must cock on closing or something. It’s a drill....
Can’t find last weeks targets at the moment but they were 1/2 MOA with 105 AM. Factory ammo is good also...

Attachments

• 70811F5B-520A-4C2C-A64C-5BA23B46B784.jpeg
    70811F5B-520A-4C2C-A64C-5BA23B46B784.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 157
dworrel, I have a brand new Havak 6.5 PRC i have been trying to sell since we didn't draw any sheep tags (needed a lightweight rifle) and now your making me rethink selling it. Can you tell me the velocities you were getting with both the ammos? And what did you use for a brake (or a can)?
Thank you

Sorry I missed this previously. I am getting just under 3K fps with 143 ELD-X and 2930 with 147 ELD-M.

That being said, it is a new barrel and 24". I have a 26" 6.5 SAUM that I can get ~3050fps with 147 ELD-M and that is a close to max handload. If you reload, you can obviously get more out of it, but it's pretty darn good where it is.

Once again, I think it's a great value for an off the shelf rifle and I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many high end custom guns I have.

Reactions: dave300
Sorry I missed this previously. I am getting just under 3K fps with 143 ELD-X and 2930 with 147 ELD-M.

That being said, it is a new barrel and 24". I have a 26" 6.5 SAUM that I can get ~3050fps with 147 ELD-M and that is a close to max handload. If you reload, you can obviously get more out of it, but it's pretty darn good where it is.

Once again, I think it's a great value for an off the shelf rifle and I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many high end custom guns I have.

Thanks bud, I sold it but I agree it sure is a great value.

Not to derail, but "one" of the other reasons I sold it was that I have three SAUMs as well.
All running Berger 140 hunting, Remington Brass, H1000, Tula LRM Primers, Omega Cans as follows;
26", 61.5 H1000, 3160 fps
24", 61.5 H1000, 3113 fps
22", 60.9 H1000, 2967 fps
All Labradar Chrono'd
Your 26" SAUM seems really slow, as my above loads are not even pushing it hard, especially the 22", but the accuracy is 1/2 moa easily.

Thanks bud, I sold it but I agree it sure is a great value.

Not to derail, but "one" of the other reasons I sold it was that I have three SAUMs as well.
All running Berger 140 hunting, Remington Brass, H1000, Tula LRM Primers, Omega Cans as follows;
26", 61.5 H1000, 3160 fps
24", 61.5 H1000, 3113 fps
22", 60.9 H1000, 2967 fps
All Labradar Chrono'd
Your 26" SAUM seems really slow, as my above loads are not even pushing it hard, especially the 22", but the accuracy is 1/2 moa easily.

That's with the Hdy 147 ELD-M. It runs the 140 Bergers faster ~3150.

Reactions: dave300
Anyone have any more reviews on accuracy, fit, finish, etc? I have probably 3 more months before my rifle comes so I need something to keep the wait off my mind!

Anyone have any more reviews on accuracy, fit, finish, etc? I have probably 3 more months before my rifle comes so I need something to keep the wait off my mind!

The Seekins rep that called me said I would get the newer Carbon fiber stock model which I’m really happy about that and I’m sure you will as well and if I wasn’t at a noisey jobsite I would’ve ask him a few questions on any other changes but barely could hear at all.

KRG Bravo

Attachments

• 4371D304-1E61-4E8D-BCE7-BAB4097CF59D.jpeg
    4371D304-1E61-4E8D-BCE7-BAB4097CF59D.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 2AC39668-1BC4-4437-9A5A-BB73C820F33D.jpeg
    2AC39668-1BC4-4437-9A5A-BB73C820F33D.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: Dooby and Alarka
I rounded off the lug fitment on the bravo, and my trigger safety was hitting down on the bravo so I filed those areas down. Other than that, looked good to me.

Attachments

• 3290259F-D4DC-49E3-B646-62CF23E207DC.png
    3290259F-D4DC-49E3-B646-62CF23E207DC.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 187
Also, I wish I could get to play there myself, lol. I played golf in college locally and that name has just stuck with me

The Seekins rep that called me said I would get the newer Carbon fiber stock model which I’m really happy about that and I’m sure you will as well and if I wasn’t at a noisey jobsite I would’ve ask him a few questions on any other changes but barely could hear at all.
What one did you order? I am coming up on 3 weeks for my hp1 6.5 creed.

Should have mine Thursday. Was expecting 3-4 months and its only been 3 weeks.

Which chambering did you order? I ordered a PH1 in 28N at the end of June.

Last edited:
Is anyone making bore guides for these? I’m gonna need one for a Havak in 28 Nosler.

Ordered mine 05/15. Was told on 07/11 “As I’m sure you are aware we were heavily backordered on our Havak line. As a result we had a time frame of around four months from date of purchase. We should be able to get that rifle to you in the next couple of months. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you and have a great day.” Seekins has always replied to any emails fast. I ordered the Havak PH1 in 300 win mag.

Ordered mine 05/15. Was told on 07/11 “As I’m sure you are aware we were heavily backordered on our Havak line. As a result we had a time frame of around four months from date of purchase. We should be able to get that rifle to you in the next couple of months. We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you and have a great day.” Seekins has always replied to any emails fast. I ordered the Havak PH1 in 300 win mag.

Have you taken delivery?

No I have not. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some time in August though.

Was playing with an older Cabela's one in 6mm CM a few hours ago...the bolt is not super smooth but if that improves with use and it's as accurate as everyone says seems like a great value. The pre64 Model 70 Wnchester in the gun gallery was REALLY smooth, almost came home with me!

Was playing with an older Cabela's one in 6mm CM a few hours ago...the bolt is not super smooth but if that improves with use and it's as accurate as everyone says seems like a great value. The pre64 Model 70 Wnchester in the gun gallery was REALLY smooth, almost came home with me!
My bolt smoothed up in the first 25-50 rounds. It is now very smooth and I am glad I made the purchase.

Havak installed in the KRG bravo. I noticed when I'm dry fire practicing on my barricade, with the 12/6 o'clock lugs, the 6 lug likes to bind up with the feed lips of a AI single stack mag when any kind of pressure of made contact with the bottom of the mag. with my AI AW mag, the mag follower makes contact with the 6 o'clock lug after last round is stripped. I know not an issues but when dry firing, I have no ammo keeping the follower down. what I'm asking, anybody using another brand of Magazine with no feeding issues?

Havak installed in the KRG bravo. I noticed when I'm dry fire practicing on my barricade, with the 12/6 o'clock lugs, the 6 lug likes to bind up with the feed lips of a AI single stack mag when any kind of pressure of made contact with the bottom of the mag. with my AI AW mag, the mag follower makes contact with the 6 o'clock lug after last round is stripped. I know not an issues but when dry firing, I have no ammo keeping the follower down. what I'm asking, anybody using another brand of Magazine with no feeding issues?

I dropped my Havak in a Bravo and fed 6.5 PRC without issue out of 2 unmodified ARC mags. I did not specifically try putting upward pressure on the mag in a barricade but can test that later and report back. I am able to dry fire from a prone position though with those mags with no issue. I ran this for 125 rounds so far with 100 of those being in a prone ELR club match (not thinking about the mags at all).

I dropped my Havak in a Bravo and fed 6.5 PRC without issue out of 2 unmodified ARC mags. I did not specifically try putting upward pressure on the mag in a barricade but can test that later and report back. I am able to dry fire from a prone position though with those mags with no issue. I ran this for 125 rounds so far with 100 of those being in a prone ELR club match (not thinking about the mags at all).
Appreciate the feedback. Yes, update me on the upward mag pressure feeding