• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Supposedly my Havak Pro Hunter PH1 in 28 Nosler has shipped to the Cabela's retail store.

Mid-March. It was updated on 04/02 it was back ordered.

Then I was notified of shipment and charged in full from Cabela's this past weekend.

Trying out my new Seekins 6.5. Pretty decent for factory Hornady ammo :)

IMG_0917-1.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg

So it is shooting like that with the Magpul Hunter stock?

DAMN! I had heard the Magpul Hunter stocks were touchy with accuracy (torque on screws) and that the forend flexed enough under load to de-free-float when loading a bipod. I guess either Seekins does work on them, or the accuracy concerns with the Magpul Hunter are unfounded, cause those are some damn fine groups. Color me very impressed.

Last edited:
Its probably a good thing I didn't know it wasn't supposed to shoot that well! :)

I saw someone mention having seekins discounts but I don't think they ever followed through. I've got three 20% discount cards, if anyone is interested shoot me a message.

Got a shipment notification from Seekins to my FFL yesterday. Order was placed for a PRO HP1 on 14April with a back order ETA of 4 months. Not sure if thats the norm or if I lucked out, but just heads up for anyone on the waitlist.

Got a shipment notification from Seekins to my FFL yesterday. Order was placed for a PRO HP1 on 14April with a back order ETA of 4 months. Not sure if thats the norm or if I lucked out, but just heads up for anyone on the waitlist.
That’s good news

Wonder if it’s caliber specific? What was yours? Thx

I need to give them a call and see what the wait time is looking like.

The hunter version in 6.5PRC will be my new long range hunting rifle unless I can find anything that offers a better light weight, and accuracy combination close to the same price. Saving every dollar possible right now. I think I like the anticipation of a new gun almost as much as getting the new gun. I always feel like a kid a Christmas while I'm saving to buy one.

Reactions: Boltfluter
EB3C14FC-BC54-4B7E-ACCC-15A84DF52277.jpeg

Let me know if you’re looking to get rid of one and what you want for it. Wanting one of these Havaks for the old lady.

The 28 Nosler does exist. Try to get to range to see how it shoots. View attachment 6899013

Wow! Great looking rifle and scope combo! I assume that's the Seekins built stock? If you have any comparison between their in house stock and other stock options, I really would like to hear your thoughts on it. Have you noticed any concerning level of roughness in the action? Can't hardly wait for the range report. I've never owned any rifle with heavier recoil than a 7mm mag. I would also be interested in how well you feel the brake mitigates recoil?

Seekins built ProComp CH1 carbon-fiber stock. Fit and finish is nice but could be improved around QD Cups. But this rifle is not for beauty competition.

Attachments

• 3B563942-C751-4F46-B529-24FEAEB1FEF3.jpeg
    3B563942-C751-4F46-B529-24FEAEB1FEF3.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 215
  • B8A3DA1A-39E2-40EC-995A-9DA8EAB8D753.jpeg
    B8A3DA1A-39E2-40EC-995A-9DA8EAB8D753.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 79AAEA82-66F2-4EDE-A39E-638449887A72.jpeg
    79AAEA82-66F2-4EDE-A39E-638449887A72.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 025BBF6E-EC4E-43DD-8FAF-5835B863DB17.jpeg
    025BBF6E-EC4E-43DD-8FAF-5835B863DB17.jpeg
    929.7 KB · Views: 211
More pictures

Attachments

• 95AB0063-5B14-429A-9414-0709850FFF8D.jpeg
    95AB0063-5B14-429A-9414-0709850FFF8D.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 170D05C1-78D2-4A3C-9BD5-1F90354003E5.jpeg
    170D05C1-78D2-4A3C-9BD5-1F90354003E5.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 2A577DE7-A19C-482E-8271-A1CB30FA8E90.jpeg
    2A577DE7-A19C-482E-8271-A1CB30FA8E90.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • C6168D07-83BB-49EF-81CF-046F97CE25D4.jpeg
    C6168D07-83BB-49EF-81CF-046F97CE25D4.jpeg
    935.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 5D729905-333C-43B0-8921-43E04A04A288.jpeg
    5D729905-333C-43B0-8921-43E04A04A288.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 179
I saw some people talking about the KRG Bravo earlier, but never saw if someone actually put a Havak action in one. Anyone know if they will fit.

Also, does anyone know what height rings I need to mount a gen2 razor on the Havak pro model?

These guns look good, all the pictures have me wanting to expedite my timeline to purchase one.

It comes with 20 MOA rail on it.

I am running the Vortex Precision Matched Rings with my AMG in the .97 inch height.

If you can see in one of my pics I have less than a 1/4" but my barrel tapers.

Your scope tube and exit objective will be larger in diameter as well

So, I don't think anyone has swapped the stocks yet but I have and a buddy of mine has and while they fit we both experienced problems with the bolt hitting the magazine and won't close. Also when the bolt is closed the magazine won't latch. I've struggle trying to figure out what the issue is, contacting Seekins and them telling me it was probably a DBM or stock issue. I even as far as sending my stock back to AG Composites to check the specs (they requested it back to check). They checked it out and it was in spec and they installed a Bergara and my DBM and mag in with no issues.

My buddy has a Grayboe Ridgeback and has the same issue. He just contacted Seekins and this was their reply:

"Hey there. I can help you will all of that. It’s very close to 700 and I’m not sure why our M5 bottom metal wouldn’t work in the grayboe stock. Fits great in my McMillans. The only thing that needs modified on the badger DBM is the latch height. Our Bolt is larger than a 700 therefore the magazine needs to sit about .037 lower than it is right now. There’s nothing that fits a 700 that won’t fit ours with very minimal modification."

I am well aware that not every action, even Rem700 clones all fit perfectly, but this is a significant issue, and what it seems to me a known issue. If that is the case why do they not post that on their website so people know? It's not a deal breaker but I've been dealing with it for weeks and I contacted Seekins as well and wasn't told this. It's a relatively easy fix but I would have love to know that before so I know what I would have to do.

So if anyone is planning of swapping stocks, be aware that you will have to modify your DBM.

So, I don't think anyone has swapped the stocks yet but I have and a buddy of mine has and while they fit we both experienced problems with the bolt hitting the magazine and won't close. Also when the bolt is closed the magazine won't latch. I've struggle trying to figure out what the issue is, contacting Seekins and them telling me it was probably a DBM or stock issue. I even as far as sending my stock back to AG Composites to check the specs (they requested it back to check). They checked it out and it was in spec and they installed a Bergara and my DBM and mag in with no issues.

My buddy has a Grayboe Ridgeback and has the same issue. He just contacted Seekins and this was their reply:

"Hey there. I can help you will all of that. It’s very close to 700 and I’m not sure why our M5 bottom metal wouldn’t work in the grayboe stock. Fits great in my McMillans. The only thing that needs modified on the badger DBM is the latch height. Our Bolt is larger than a 700 therefore the magazine needs to sit about .037 lower than it is right now. There’s nothing that fits a 700 that won’t fit ours with very minimal modification."

I am well aware that not every action, even Rem700 clones all fit perfectly, but this is a significant issue, and what it seems to me a known issue. If that is the case why do they not post that on their website so people know? It's not a deal breaker but I've been dealing with it for weeks and I contacted Seekins as well and wasn't told this. It's a relatively easy fix but I would have love to know that before so I know what I would have to do.

So if anyone is planning of swapping stocks, be aware that you will have to modify your DBM.
thank you very much for the info and update. I'm planning on sticking this into the Bravo chassis and I remembered you were the one who sent us the detailed pics when you first received your havak. I appreciate the measurements and close ups. as for the modification on the latch height, I will have to discover this myself whenever I finally receive my havak. I've been SLOWLY piecing this backup/hunting rifle as I'm trying to keep it as cheap and save every penny I can on this build. I've got everything except the rifle as it's the most expensive piece of the puzzle.

thank you very much for the info and update. I'm planning on sticking this into the Bravo chassis and I remembered you were the one who sent us the detailed pics when you first received your havak. I appreciate the measurements and close ups. as for the modification on the latch height, I will have to discover this myself whenever I finally receive my havak. I've been SLOWLY piecing this backup/hunting rifle as I'm trying to keep it as cheap and save every penny I can on this build. I've got everything except the rifle as it's the most expensive piece of the puzzle.
Absolutely. Glad I could inform everyone looking to swap stocks. I wish I knew this but my pain is your gain and glad to help.

Once I get my stock back and shave the DBM latch down a little, we'll see how it fits. If that works I'll post some photos.

Reactions: southerngolfer
Had to put SRS Rail on tonight. FYI the QD cup is not usable with the swivel portion pointed down. Didn’t feel like grinding this evening. I got bolt weight and action without scope now.

Attachments

• F421F14F-51A9-4616-BC61-5102B4C57A4C.jpeg
    F421F14F-51A9-4616-BC61-5102B4C57A4C.jpeg
    826.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 3139A5B0-EF15-4322-AF8A-23B820562B0E.jpeg
    3139A5B0-EF15-4322-AF8A-23B820562B0E.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 4A6DCCE5-7032-4981-B3AE-A3BDE615557E.jpeg
    4A6DCCE5-7032-4981-B3AE-A3BDE615557E.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 99
AMG with Rings

Attachments

• 0522F60E-D1BB-4BE0-987A-BB33DC14988F.jpeg
    0522F60E-D1BB-4BE0-987A-BB33DC14988F.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 102
Havak Long Action (28 N) Base = 7 Pounds 14.75 Ounces

Havak Long Action (28 N) Field Ready = 10 Pounds 6.75 Ounces

I have a spare 10% off certificate available if anyone is interested. Send me a message if so.

Picked up a couple at a match last weekend and am leaning towards using the bigger discount on a 6.5 PRC. Don't need it but sometimes you gotta spend money to save money! ;-)

7lb 14.75 ounce eh? Might have to cancel my 300 WM order.. that's way off from advertised weight.

Well in their defense this is the PH1 Cabelas Model in Long Action. The one on Seekins website does not distinguish between Long Action and Short Action. Also, mine has the ATC Muzzle Brake. I know it might be a stretch for 14 oz but I am happy with my purchase.

Just being picky here...but I wish they'd offer this gun with straight barrel flutes. The spiral just doesn't do it for me.

Just being picky here...but I wish they'd offer this gun with straight barrel flutes. The spiral just doesn't do it for me.

I believe they brought a straight flutted barrel to SHOT this year and will be offering it but I think only to start in their high end Havak yet to come.

I believe they brought a straight flutted barrel to SHOT this year and will be offering it but I think only to start in their high end Havak yet to come.

Pro Hunter 2 - $4500 MSRP

Attachments

• B2A9FA37-84DD-41A9-B129-B10D7F37DA78.jpeg
    B2A9FA37-84DD-41A9-B129-B10D7F37DA78.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 191
Too high for me. Not sure I get the carbon fiber everything when the best weight savings bang for buck is doing the barrel in carbon wrap.

Well in their defense this is the PH1 Cabelas Model in Long Action. The one on Seekins website does not distinguish between Long Action and Short Action. Also, mine has the ATC Muzzle Brake. I know it might be a stretch for 14 oz but I am happy with my purchase.

Yeah, I decided to keep the order. I have other lighter rifles already. Any idea what the brake weighs?

Too high for me. Not sure I get the carbon fiber everything when the best weight savings bang for buck is doing the barrel in carbon wrap.
How light do you want? And what Caliber? I have the HP PRO 1 and in the middle of swapping out the stock to a Carbon fiber stock. Once I get it all together I'll weigh it but I am betting it's around 9lbs w/o scope. But the barrel is a much heavier contour than the hunter spiral barrel.

@JR869 Not looking for one myself, just find it interesting that Seekins is choosing to go carbon with the stock and mag. Maybe its cheaper to offer a gun with a carbon stock and mag instead of barrel? Mostly just intrigued by the component choices.

I think the CF stock is easier and cheaper. I only know of proof and Christensen Arms are the only guys making CF wrapped barrels and they are expensive. And I know Seeking uses Rock Creek barrels and Seeking does the profiling which I assume because they want to control that part.