• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

I bought one on a whim in 300 win mag and it is a real shooter. Approaching half moa. I am a fan, but simply don’t shoot mine enough because I have so many 300s!

What is the overall verdict on this rifle? It sounds like its hit or miss and thats not encouraging as I was considering it on my short list.
I get it... earlier there were some people saying they’ve had some issues. This was mostly during the PH1 stage.
Lately it’s considerably less... we are now into the PH2 variant of the rifle new for this year.
I love my Seekins 6.5CM
I’ve ever had an issue with it. I always get questions at the range and people who are interested. I’m in the process of purchasing yet another and I’m buying with confidence.
I realize when a company tries something new (even if they are renowned for something else that’s in the same wheelhouse) there may be some issues but they’ve been able to fix these issues and to me that says more about them and their product then most else.
I reiterate, I haven’t had any issues and I’m loving them.

Reactions: Thecelt
What is the overall verdict on this rifle? It sounds like its hit or miss and thats not encouraging as I was considering it on my short list.

I have two, one in 6.5cm and also a .300 wm and both shoot well under moa with factory ammo.

you’ve got to take the bad reports with a grain of salt. Most people are quick to comment if they had a bad experience but don’t always comment if they’ve good experiences... I know for myself I’ve had nothing but positives with my PH1 6CM rifle. I just got off the phone with them today about changing my bolt head and getting a new barrel in 6.5 PRC. I was on the phone for 20 minutes and discussed all the options. I thought it was a great deal. $500 for chamber and threaded barrel and $100 for new bolt head. So for $600 and new mags I’ll have a “new” rifle. I’ll still have my old barrel (only 400 down the tube) and the 6.5prc.... I doubt you can piece together a rifle with their components for cheaper. Plus you have a lifetime transferable warranty. Feels like zero risk if you’re on the fence.

Reactions: JMS904 and Thecelt
I’ve shot a box of Hornady Outfitter 180gr Gmx that shoots between 1/2” - 3/4“ and also a box of Federal Fusion 165gr that shoots right at 3/4”. That’s the only ammo I’ve bought for the 300 so far.

My 6.5CM shoots Nosler 120gr and also 140gr BTs under 1/2” all day long. Haven’t even wanted to try anything else for it yet.

I've been corresponding with them over the last few days to get things lined up for me. The only thing that surprised me was their long action being incompatible with the -06 family. I guess I might have realized that had I taken a look at the OAL it accommodates - it's a looooong long action. I'm debating between a 6 CM, 6.5 CM and 6.5 PRC at the moment.

Between those three options you’ll have to decide what your plan is to do with the rifle. To hunt open country out west for deer and elk the 6.5 PRC. If you plan to bang steel I’d go with 6CM. If you plan on steel and keep shots at big (elk, deer) game under 500yds I’d go with 6.5CM.... all three cartridges can kill animals and bang steel, some are better suited at than others at each.... that’s just my opinion. I’m sure people will have different opinions. Lots of ways to get it done haha

Reactions: Yugga
Got the call from my FFL that I could pick up my Havak Bravo at 16:10 today. Just got back home. No rifle. Virginia State Police background check website was down. We waited for an hour with no luck. Will go back to pick it up on Wednesday. Handled the rifle. Barrel is nice and heavy. Bolt was a bit stiff. This is my third Bravo chassis so no surprise there. Ranges are all still closed and my 200 rds of 6.5 PRC factory ammo haven’t shipped so...like I told my FFL. No rush.

I have the Havak in the Magpul stock in 6.5 CM, and a buddy has the PH2 and Havak Bravo both in 6.5PRC. All three shoot half MOA, run smooth, and like Hornady ELD-X 143 gr factory ammo.

2D07C061-D1D5-4D34-9346-0C4D5D64B15D.jpeg

Anyone replace the trigger on their Havak Bravos? Any issues there?

I had installed a TT Diamond, and the safety wouldn't go back all the way. Had to file some of that area out. Worked fine after.

Reactions: DROWN
I've read through this trying to help a friend who wants a rifle that could be a good value for a hunting and one that could double as a range toy and the occasional PRS style match.

He's decided on 6mm Creedmoor as he doesn't have anything in that caliber and will only shoot factory ammo. He's not the least bit interested in hand loading and shoots factory ammo through everything from his 700's to his AI.

I'm so deep in the rimfire world, that I don't shoot centerfires much at all anymore, so I was happy to find this thread.

For the $1700 or so that these seem to run, at least right now at Cabela's, is there anything else out there that would be a better fit for his intended purpose? Outside of the AI, he's a traditional stock shooter, so the factory carbon stock is what he's talked about the most.

I see similar options from Christensen ( BA Tactical ) but there pricing is a higher and get mixed reviews on accuracy. Bergara and Browning have some options as well.

Basically, looking for any and all advice on factory rifles for these options.

Thanks in advance...

I've read through this trying to help a friend who wants a rifle that could be a good value for a hunting and one that could double as a range toy and the occasional PRS style match.

He's decided on 6mm Creedmoor as he doesn't have anything in that caliber and will only shoot factory ammo. He's not the least bit interested in hand loading and shoots factory ammo through everything from his 700's to his AI.

I'm so deep in the rimfire world, that I don't shoot centerfires much at all anymore, so I was happy to find this thread.

For the $1700 or so that these seem to run, at least right now at Cabela's, is there anything else out there that would be a better fit for his intended purpose? Outside of the AI, he's a traditional stock shooter, so the factory carbon stock is what he's talked about the most.

I see similar options from Christensen ( BA Tactical ) but there pricing is a higher and get mixed reviews on accuracy. Bergara and Browning have some options as well.

Basically, looking for any and all advice on factory rifles for these options.

Thanks in advance...

I have a PH1 in 6cm and it shoots 1/2MOA all day with hornady match ammo. Shoots the Precision Hunter almost as well but the SD's are lower on the match stuff. I don't think he'll regret it.

I have to agree with Clark. My 6creed PH1 is a hammer with the Hornady eldm at 3030fps and SD in the 8-10 range. Shot this group at 600 the other day.
A4A6FD6A-767C-4A46-B09A-23D729A61ECE.jpeg

Reactions: clark33
Not yet. All the ranges around here have been closed since I got it. But ammo is ready to go. Scope too. Will hopefully get it out to 1000 yards at Peacemaker in WV in May.
Looking forward to reading about it. Ive been tempted to try out a havak bravo but not completely sold on it yet.

I have a couple 25% codes good through July 1, 2020. PM me if interested.
Thanks

Any info on getting a replacement barrel? I think my 6.5CM HAvak Pro HP1 is about done, nearing 3,000 of 'warm' reloads. The lands have moved about .06", not sure if that's a ton but the groups certainly aren't what they were for the first 2,500 rounds or so. Can't load any closer to the lands because I'm already at mag length.

I’m no help but I’m encouraged to know you’ve got at least 2,500 rounds of accurate life. I also have a 6.5cm HP1

I’m no help but I’m encouraged to know you’ve got at least 2,500 rounds of accurate life. I also have a 6.5cm HP1

I mean it's still good even nearing 3k, good enough for me honestly. I'm just wanting to plan for the eventuality of a new barrel.

Reactions: Brentc
Any info on getting a replacement barrel? I think my 6.5CM HAvak Pro HP1 is about done, nearing 3,000 of 'warm' reloads. The lands have moved about .06", not sure if that's a ton but the groups certainly aren't what they were for the first 2,500 rounds or so. Can't load any closer to the lands because I'm already at mag length.

If it were me, I’d have Straight Jacket Armory spin up a prefit.

Since you're conversing on the Havak... a couple of months ago, I gave myself one for a retirement gift, the Havak Pro Hunter II. I didn't really want spiral fluting, but it has grown on me to the point that I don't mind it now. I am very interested in 6.5 Creedmore, but since I have been set up for handloading .308 Win. for years, that is what I went with. The bare rifle with magazine and supplied scope rail was 7 pounds. My goal was to keep the loaded rifle with optics at 9 pounds. With a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42, Seekins low rings, five rounds in the box and a simple nylon sling, this rifle ended up at 9 pounds, 1 oz. It's just about perfect.

To get on paper, I just used some Gold Medal Federal Match 168s and some hand loads for another rifle. This rifle is super. Five hole groups were clustered in the .5 to .6 range. Some old 1966 L.C. match 173 gr. rounds were slightly over an inch. I'm still waiting for decent weather to continue with this rifle, but initially...I am delighted with it.

I had to hunt for a bore guide, and finally bought a Sinclair unit from Brownells. Look for one that is .785 inch diameter. For .308, it is item #749002869. This fits the Dewey nylon coated rods for .27-.30 caliber. There's probably a different number for the smaller 6.5 bore size.

I’d just send it back to Seekins. I called a couple weeks ago about getting a new barrel and they quoted me $500 chambered w/ threaded muzzle. I’m not sure what the profits are from straight jacket.

I’d just send it back to Seekins. I called a couple weeks ago about getting a new barrel and they quoted me $500 chambered w/ threaded muzzle. I’m not sure what the profits are from straight jacket.

I reached out to Seekins and they quoted me $600

Shot three more Seekins rifles today first rounds down range in each. 3 shot groups.

308 Element Steiner 4-16x56 Harvester suppressor. Just shot some ammo I had around.
150 Win pp. sucked ass. 2in at 100
165 Win ballistic ST. Not much better 3.23 at 200
155 Nosler with IMR4895 pull down that I loaded about 15 years ago. 1.5 at 200 for 4 shots. Called a shot on that group so fired the 4th. The three good shots .75.

Havak PH1 6mm #1 Athlon Ares BTR no suppressor
Hornady Black. .75 At 200
Hornady match .9 at 200

Havak PH1 6mm #2 first run gun. SWFA 16x no suppressor
Hornady Black .9 at 100
Hornady Black 1.9 at 200
Hornady Match 2.1 at 200
All groups strung vertically 1/4 to 1/2 wide on this gun

Last edited:
I guess the Havak isn’t quite ready for a new barrel after all.
Decent enough for me. Still not thrilled with the Bergers tho.
F102016F-B8AC-4334-A9B5-790BC8A0C407.jpeg
0E3F5B19-68EC-4121-98C6-76A4858FD926.jpeg
2E24A583-66FB-4E4A-8F67-09EA286FFEC1.jpeg
4CB2134A-EE8C-4D52-8027-C4276601C82D.jpeg
112463D4-2D54-4BD8-9196-D5848FAAC89E.jpeg

Could careless about those great groups. Let’s talk about that stock!!! Foundation? What specs? Sweet rifle and let that barrel keep spitting lead, lots of life still left.

Foundation Stocks Exodus with KMW mk-1 dbm.

Not yet. All the ranges around here have been closed since I got it. But ammo is ready to go. Scope too. Will hopefully get it out to 1000 yards at Peacemaker in WV in May.

Today was the day. Peacemaker is amazing. Got it out to 1011 yards and shot at steel from ~475 yards out and up. This rifle is a shooter. With an Athlon Ares BTR I was regular hitting targets on first shot while building up my DOPE. Had been on the fence about keeping it after a couple trips to the 100 yard range but it’s definitely a keeper.

Good opinion, there are amazing options out there for that money. I love the Seekins as a great bolt action rifle option for the money but as far as just the action is concerned for $1200 hell no.
Considering you can get one of those nifty 25% off Seekins coupons for $30-50 here on the PX and buy an entire bravo or PH2 for around $1400 brand new direct...just saying.

Picked up my PH2 300wm today. Got it scoped up and on paper. First 200yd zero group wasn’t bad. Shooting Berger ammo 215 hybrid at 2850. Ear plug for reference

1F253DCD-DF7C-46E9-8D61-64ABE7D821C9.jpeg
7793F06F-80DC-4B2F-8738-6694889DF8E4.jpeg