• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

How’s the recoil on that, which muzzle break?
I put a Area419 Hellfire on it, rifle with scope weighs right at 10lbs, recoil was similar to non-braked 308
@clark33 where did you buy it from. If it was factory, what was your lead time.
I bought it from classifieds on another forum, it was unfired, guy decided to go another route
@clark33 that looks like a .75 moa group for the first couple rounds down the rifle. I’d be happy knowing that it’s probably only going to get better.
Yes I’m very pleased, pretty noticeable heatwaves even at 200, took it out to 570yd and center punched an 8” steel plate first shot. Really happy to see it shoots just like my PH1 6cm. I’ll always vouch for Seekins

I put a Area419 Hellfire on it, rifle with scope weighs right at 10lbs, recoil was similar to non-braked 308

I bought it from classifieds on another forum, it was unfired, guy decided to go another route

Yes I’m very pleased, pretty noticeable heatwaves even at 200, took it out to 570yd and center punched an 8” steel plate first shot. Really happy to see it shoots just like my PH1 6cm. I’ll always vouch for Seekins

like you I’m huge fan of the seekins 6cm. I see a few Seekins in my future.

Reactions: clark33
I also bumped the trigger down to 2lbs right off the bat too. Timney hunter is crisp

Reactions: Gobears16
I just ordered a havak bravo from my lgs. They will have it in at the end of the month. Can some one confirm that they do come with the timney 510. If so has anyone changed it out to a trigger tech or did you just run the timney?
thanks.

Took PH2 7mm rem mag To the range.
Copper Creek 168 VLD average speed spread 6 fps
Hornady 162 ELDX average speed spread 80 fps
HSM 168 VLD average speed speed 40fps (but experienced Half a box of light strike)
Then I drop my magnetospeed On concrete. And after Federal 150sp shows 3700fps with average speed spread 20fps.

I just ordered a havak bravo from my lgs. They will have it in at the end of the month. Can some one confirm that they do come with the timney 510. If so has anyone changed it out to a trigger tech or did you just run the timney?
thanks.

I left my timney in my 6cm and adjusted it down to just under 2lbs. I've had other timney's in other rifles but this one is great. crisp and very, if any, over travel. i like the wide shoe and for me is very consistent. If i didnt like it i'd swap it out and actually planned on it, but so far its been great. My advice is to adjust it as low as you can and see how you like it. If you dont, sell it and buy a TT or something else.

My Seekins HAVAK Bravo showed up today.
The trigger in the rifle isn’t the timney 510. It turns out the new havak rifles come the Timney elite hunter. I pulled the action and adjusted it down to 2 pounds and I am very happy with it.
The action is a bit gritty but I’m sure it will smooth out with use. So far I am happy with the rifle.
We will see how she shoots in the next couple weeks.
I definitely need to install some lop spacers. It is very short for me.
I’m 6”3 and have long arms 😂
F2CBD30B-5137-474A-B28B-9D5BCE5EECBD.jpeg
482F8DCB-3F7B-457C-BFEB-FB581B358731.jpeg

My Seekins HAVAK Bravo showed up today.
The trigger in the rifle isn’t the timney 510. It turns out the new havak rifles come the Timney elite hunter. I pulled the action and adjusted it down to 2 pounds and I am very happy with it.
The action is a bit gritty but I’m sure it will smooth out with use. So far I am happy with the rifle.
We will see how she shoots in the next couple weeks.
I definitely need to install some lop spacers. It is very short for me.
I’m 6”3 and have long arms 😂
View attachment 7355192View attachment 7355194
Well I suggest your rape that action a few 1000 times while you wait to go to the range. My 6cm was a little rough but its like glass now. I run the action 20-1 when I’m at the range. It just keeps getting smoother. That action feeds so smooth that my friends that shoot the rifle think the action missed picking up the round. I love these rifles!!

Placed order for a PH2 in 6.5 prc with cerakote and paint job on stock added. Super pumped for it. This will be first long range hunting rifle. Was quoted 10 wk wait. So we’ll see how it goes.
Is anyone needed to add a stock pad/pack on the newer stock or is comb height sufficient assuming using low rings.

So I purchased a Seekins PH2 hunter in 300 prc. I bought Hornady brass and 200 eld's. I did a node test starting out at 78 grains and running to 82.

Speeds started out at 2807 and ran as high as 2972 ( which is 3FPS slower than what Hornday manual has it rated.). There was no pressure signs at all on the brass.

I hit a crazy good node at 79-79.6 grains of H1000. I had a speed dispersion of 14FPS between these 4 loads. Its average was 2905.

I will start working on load development this and next week.

I have a sub 10lbs gun. Its the PH2 with a Eotech Vudoo on it. I bought a Muzzle breaks and More 4 port break and put on it. Honestly its like shooting a 243. I could fire 100 rounds and be perfectly fine.

@kukusya I would think any 700 plat form long action chassis would work.
I talk with Harley at Seekins. And per his statement if I install in to 700 footprint stock. I would have to modify it to fit Seekins bottom metal. Or if I want to use 700 stock and 700 bottom metal, I would have to modify action to fit.

Can someone tell me what the barrel tennon specs are for Havak actions? Please and thank you. Sorry if I missed it.

Recently picked up a PH2 in 6.5 PRC and was intending to use my Ultra 7 with it for hunting. TBAC recommends a minimum muzzle diameter of .725 and from what I measured the muzzle measures .700-.701. Anyone using a Ultra 7 with it and had any issues or will this be enough to support the suppressor?

Also planning on using an Area 419 Mount and adaptor.

Recently picked up a PH2 in 6.5 PRC and was intending to use my Ultra 7 with it for hunting. TBAC recommends a minimum muzzle diameter of .725 and from what I measured the muzzle measures .700-.701. Anyone using a Ultra 7 with it and had any issues or will this be enough to support the suppressor?

You’ll be perfectly fine (assuming it was done correctly). I use the 419 universal adaptors on stuff smaller than that.

I run that exact setup with no issue. 419 adapter and all.

Reactions: mb121
Recently purchased a PH2 in 300 PRC and have a question. What is the easiest and cleanest way to get a short section of Pic rail on the front of the stock to mount my Atlas bipod on? I’d like the option of using my bipod in certain field situations but don’t want to bugger up this nice rifle. Any tips would be appreciated.

Seekins has their own rail that works with both Harris and QD mounts, their YouTube page shows the install. Though I’m sure that just about any rail would attach as long as it has the right length and there’s enough meat in the stock to drill and install the T nut.

256 rounds down the new barrel and it’s shooting great. Had a local gunsmith chamber a blank from Wilson. Cheap barrel but it’s been shooting Berger 140gr VLD-T’s great. The Havak action is buttery smooth but I still get a light primer strike once every 100 rounds or so, reloads with CCI450’s. Thinking I’ll send it back in again and this time take advantage of their new bolt replacement offer and maybe that’ll cure it.

A9A28D20-0E23-413D-89B9-C0CF9F4AEF46.jpeg

Recently purchased a PH2 in 300 PRC and have a question. What is the easiest and cleanest way to get a short section of Pic rail on the front of the stock to mount my Atlas bipod on? I’d like the option of using my bipod in certain field situations but don’t want to bugger up this nice rifle. Any tips would be appreciated.

I sent mine to Seekins and they installed it for me. Otherwise you have to take the barreled action off and drill a hole in the stock

I sent mine to Seekins and they installed it for me. Otherwise you have to take the barreled action off and drill a hole in the stock
The process is very easy if you have a drill and some simple hand tools. Their are several how to's on the internet.

Anyone have any hot tips for lengthening the the LOP on the PH stock? seems like for those standard butt pads there should be a standard spacers available?

Anyone have any hot tips for lengthening the the LOP on the PH stock? seems like for those standard butt pads there should be a standard spacers available?
Like these?

Reactions: wind gypsy
What bolt replacement are they doing?
I hadn't heard anything about a bolt replacement either. I wonder what the details are? I'm currently on a drill ship in the GOM so I can't watch videos unfortunately.

Anybody here sending there rifle back to replace the bolt? Seems like a good deal. Doing it 100% free besides shipping the rifle.

I would have if I still had them. Mine were shooters but did nor run as well as they should have, I suspect the bolt would help alot.

Anybody here sending there rifle back to replace the bolt? Seems like a good deal. Doing it 100% free besides shipping the rifle.
I live 2.5 hours from there. I'm considering driving down and having it swapped out when my PH2 shows up. It would be cheaper than shipping it I think . Not sure though, haven't priced shipping yet.

What is the issue with the bolts? I looked on their website, but found nothing mentioning any issues or replacement. I haven't shot my PH2 in .308 Win. very much, but the times I did, it performed as expected.

Reactions: Baron23
Now 100% cock on open, and tool-less disassembly. Should feel much smoother than before, although I don’t feel mine is too bad.

You must send the entire rifle in and they won’t start replacing until July 1st. You pay shipping there. They’ll get it back to you.

Now 100% cock on open, and tool-less disassembly. Should feel much smoother than before, although I don’t feel mine is too bad.

You must send the entire rifle in and they won’t start replacing until July 1st. You pay shipping there. They’ll get it back to you.
Thanks for the clarification. That’s worth doing.

Reactions: waspocrew
What is the issue with the bolts? I looked on their website, but found nothing mentioning any issues or replacement. I haven't shot my PH2 in .308 Win. very much, but the times I did, it performed as expected.
Looking at their Instagram page it looks like the new bolt will 100% cock on open for a smooth operation. The new bolt is all completely tool less as well.... they are swapping bolts free of charge which is unreal. All you have to do is send the entire gun so they can check for 100% reliability. Seems like a win win

Reactions: Newbie2020
Looking at their Instagram page it looks like the new bolt will 100% cock on open for a smooth operation. The new bolt is all completely tool less as well.... they are swapping bolts free of charge which is unreal. All you have to do is send the entire gun so they can check for 100% reliability. Seems like a win win
Also they say it opens up different trigger options that you can install that wouldn't' work with their other model of bolt.

Reactions: Gobears16
I try VERY hard to stay off of any social blather platforms....a few forums excepted.

And I too looked all over their site for info on this bolt situation.

I have a HAVAK action in a custom build. Not my first choice of actions but I bought the gun complete with 21 rounds thru it in a JAE chassis and Proof SS barrel for a very good price and I'm generally happy with it. I do have to run the bolt with authority to ensure that the extractor grabs, but I should run the bolt with authority in any case, right?

Does this bolt swap only apply to full HAVAK rifles or to any HAVAK action that they have sold? Anybody know?

People have mentioned full cock on open....I guess I'm ignorant. What does it do now?

As for tool-less disassembly, I did ask Seekins if they had any bolt disassembly instructions and the answer was no (WTF?). Exactly what was eliminated that needed tools, if you know.

Thanks

I try VERY hard to stay off of any social blather platforms....a few forums excepted.

And I too looked all over their site for info on this bolt situation.

I have a HAVAK action in a custom build. Not my first choice of actions but I bought the gun complete with 21 rounds thru it in a JAE chassis and Proof SS barrel for a very good price and I'm generally happy with it. I do have to run the bolt with authority to ensure that the extractor grabs, but I should run the bolt with authority in any case, right?

Does this bolt swap only apply to full HAVAK rifles or to any HAVAK action that they have sold? Anybody know?

People have mentioned full cock on open....I guess I'm ignorant. What does it do now?

As for tool-less disassembly, I did ask Seekins if they had any bolt disassembly instructions and the answer was no (WTF?). Exactly what was eliminated that needed tools, if you know.

Thanks
I have no idea but I do a quick phone call from them would answer that question. I've called a few times over the last few years and they always answer and take time to discuss the problems or options. They are top notch in the customer service department.
I think I'm going to send my 6cm back and have them spin a 6.5PRC with a new bolt head and mag.

Reactions: Baron23
I have no idea but I do a quick phone call from them would answer that question. I've called a few times over the last few years and they always answer and take time to discuss the problems or options. They are top notch in the customer service department.
I think I'm going to send my 6cm back and have them spin a 6.5PRC with a new bolt head and mag.
I'm pretty sure it applies to any Havak action out there. Seekins is a solid company and I'd be very surprised if it was any other way.

The bolt update is available for any Havak action and rifle. The "tool less bolt disassembly" is covered in the below video. if link doesn't work just google "seekins tool-less takedown of new bolt"

I don't understand all the bitching about an action being rough, since when did a rough action cause someone to miss their target? Is the smoothness of the action the only factor that determines quality or value? I've had actions that are super smooth yet still shot like shit, my DTA action is not anywhere close to smooth, yet it shoots 1/4" groups with two different barrels / calibers.

This shit drives me nuts. We are so fortunate to have innovative, quality companies that continue to push the envelope in all aspects, quality, features, price, etc. Look at what Seekins is offering in the Havak package: a custom action, magazine fed bottom metal, quality barrel, and quality stock, all for 2000.00. In most other circumstances those same features would cost you double that or more, yet we bitch about the way the action feels without ever firing a shot. It reminds me of the pussies that bitch about the color of their FDE hand grip not being the same shade of FDE as their stock.
Do you own one ? The bolt is not just rough it binds and has to be jerked open and slammed shut. 308 magazines that wont work with 6.5PRC shipped with the rifle. A stock that has to be modified to clear the bolt handle when open. Not to mention no aftermarket stocks and bottom metal that will work with the PRC. Other than that I love mine.... HA

Yes I do own one and none of the things you posted are true. I have a 6.5 PRC, it feeds flawlessly from the supplied magazines. The stock did not have to be modified, and the action was perfect, plus I have a Manners EH1 on the way for it. Nothing you just said is even close to accurate.

Reactions: TheChief
Ah....I have a Havak action in a custom built chassis gun in 6.5 CM but a good friend has their rifle in 6.5 PRC and he too has not had any of the issues mentioned.

Yes, the action was a bit rough cycling at first but smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds.

Not saying the fella above is not being truthful, just that other's have had a different experience.

I’ve had 6 Havak PH1s so far. I still have two of them, and my brother in law has 2 of them as well. I haven’t had any of those issues that weren’t self induced. One of the Havaks I still own had feeding issues, but only after I replaced the stock. A little tweaking cured that. Everything else has ran great. The two I still have smoothed out very well after a few hundred rounds. The others I didn’t keep long enough to put many rounds through them.

this reminds me. If anyone needs a spare 6.5 Creed barrel I’ve got a fresh pull. Came off a PH1 at sub 200 rounds when I rebarreled it to a 22 Creedmoor.

I’m close to if not over 4k rounds on my Havak, nearly 600 rounds on the second barrel.
It’s been great. Shoots great. Feeds great. Cycles great. The smith that put my new barrel on was impressed and he shoots Impacts and Big Horns. He’s not selling his to buy a Havak but he’s mentioned several times unprompted that he was genuinely impressed with the feel of it cycling and the layout/design of the bolt.

I put mine in a Foundation with a KMW bottom metal. A couple washers for clearance and done.

It sucks people are having issues. Mine has been great.
29EC550A-7E79-46B7-B586-767F8BA183AF.jpeg