• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sentinel stocks - builds Pictures

Re: Sentinel stocks - builds Pictures

Here is mine

2rrly4w.jpg

I called Terry a few weeks ago and he had four unclaimed 700 stocks in od/tan/black. So within a few days I had a work order and my payment went out.

Talked to Terry last week and sounds like mine among 15 others are nearly done and should ship soon. IM STOKED!!

Let me just say, I have talked to Terry a few times now, and even though, I'm sure, he is very busy, he has always taken time to communicate with me his progress, answer all of my questions, and I have never felt hurried off the phone.
Thanks Terry

I'm working things out with Mike at skunkworks now. When I get my stock it will be headed to skunkworks and I am having Mikes Recon rifle installed into my sentinel.

Another reason I am very excited. This is my first custom rifle, and first time working with Mike. Can't wait to get this project done and shoot the crap out of it.

No worries pix will be posted when everything is done!!!

Sincerely excited,

Dantrom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Terry a few weeks ago and he had four unclaimed 700 stocks in od/tan/black. So within a few days I had a work order and my payment went out.

Talked to Terry last week and sounds like mine among 15 others are nearly done and should ship soon. IM STOKED!!

Let me just say, I have talked to Terry a few times now, and even though, I'm sure, he is very busy, he has always taken time to communicate with me his progress, answer all of my questions, and I have never felt hurried off the phone.
Thanks Terry

I'm working things out with Mike at skunkworks now. When I get my stock it will be headed to skunkworks and I am having Mikes Recon rifle installed into my sentinel.

Another reason I am very excited. This is my first custom rifle, and first time working with Mike. Can't wait to get this project done and shoot the crap out of it.

No worries pix will be posted when everything is done!!!

Sincerely excited,

Dantrom </div></div> It will be worth the wait!

Here is my baby. Should be another week or so. Well worth the wait.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Diggin' up this one....After lusting long enough, I just ordered one to try out for myself. Who's got some new pix to put up?

-Tyler

I'll have one in about a month. I ordered a Sentinel stock in November and Terry said it should be finished in late February. I'm only speaking of the stock, not a complete build. Once it's finished I'll post some pictures.

animalmother nice build!! who did the build and the coating on the barreled action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">animalmother nice build!! who did the build and the coating on the barreled action? </div></div>

Thank you for the kind words. I had the cerakoting done by Amelon Firearm Coatings in Amherst Virginia. They have done two rifles of mine now, this camo patern and OD Green for an AR I put together.

Here are some I took the other day;
P1030441.jpg

P1030440.jpg

Looks great! Im looking to do a gap 10 in that style camo. Very good taste!
Thanks for the info

i really like these stocks and i will actually get to try one as my buddy's build just came in and he used one. i am debating on this style or a more traditional stock since it will be a hunting/tactical rifle.

If you hunt from the prone or have a nice rest, sure. If you hunt from a stand or the more conventional positions, I would go with something else. I'm speaking from my experience, not yours. If you can make it work, awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you hunt from the prone or have a nice rest, sure. If you hunt from a stand or the more conventional positions, I would go with something else. I'm speaking from my experience, not yours. If you can make it work, awesome. </div></div>

Which style have you found work for both?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz Ahlquist</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img:center][/img]

[img:center][/img]

Here's my 260. These stocks are works of art! </div></div>

Love the colors, what colors are in there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryodlsl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2413dbf9.jpg
</div></div>

On the list of people I hate....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryodlsl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2413dbf9.jpg
</div></div>

SICK!!!!

are these paterns molded in or painted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jmilera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are these paterns molded in or painted?</div></div>

molded

Wow. This looks like the perfect stock. Looks like a slimmed down, updated take on the AICS stock. Love it.

This and the Evolution XLR are now officially my favorite stocks.

Parker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks Terry

</div></div>

My experience as well. I got off the phone with him today, he really is passionate about what he does and certainly understands customer service.

He called me back promptly and took the time to answer all my questions. Couple that with a fantastic product and he is definitely getting my business.

Terry is a pleasure to do business with, and his Sentinel is the best stock out there. Here is my contribution, a 243ai built by Mike Bush at Black Ops.
photo-3.jpg

357kidk.jpg

I am about to join this club myself. I just picked up a used Sentinel here on the 'Hide. Can't wait to put it to use. I was able to get behind a friend's to verify the ergonomics. What a sweet feeling stock. Now I can place last in style
whistle.gif

34huzgi.jpg

as many times as I have been to this thread and drooled, it's only fair I post my rifle

regards,
DT

I would have never picked those colors on my own but that blue sure is sick

just picked this up (gap templar 260)

paint coming soon
890d6b1e.jpg

148c1033.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowjacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have never picked those colors on my own but that blue sure is sick </div></div>

supposed to be red white and blue like flag but mcmillion swirls are all so different.

still like tho.

DT

The only thing I didn't like was the cheek rest was very slick. Especially with a sweaty face here in humid south Louisiana. I tried some mole skin from the pharmacy but it did not have enough grip. I found Pachmayr Pac Skin and it works great.

2413dbf9.jpg
</div></div>

Who redid your kitchen? Seems like a great business strategy to include a tactical rifle stock that matches the granite. Brings a whole new meaning when the wife whines that the kitchen is outdated.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just picked this up (gap templar 260)

paint coming soon
890d6b1e.jpg

148c1033.jpg
</div></div>

Joe the front of the barrel does not look like the same barrel? Its fluted up front and the rest is not? Very wierd.

don't judge the paint... soon it will change

Fantastic stocks and rifles...I have a few of Terry's stocks, they are so functional...I would like to see him (McMillan) make a carbon or graphite version...

I've got one of these, its my 6.5cm and I love it.
smile.gif

Just wish it didn't take a year to get my second one.....I'm ready to start the 7SAUM build
wink.gif

Are these stocks ambi I can't really tell from the pics if they are molded the same on both sides of the grip

yes, very easy to shoot left and right side

.... you'll have to wait and see.... it rhymes with SMURGEON

Sturgeon??? You're not going to put a fish in it, are you Joe?!

Isn't that the new action with fish scale pattern fluting on the bolt?

2jcikgi.jpg

Will be getting a Templar barreled action from GAP in 6.5 Creedmoor.