• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship serious pulse problem: UPDATE AND NEW ??pg2

Re: serious pulse problem

I'll play with LOP and scope position.

Thanks!

Trilogymac
Bill

CKA/Ker2222,
Fixed the pulse.
Scope was to far forward.
Got prone,shut my eyes, layed my head on the stock, opened eyes and brought the scope BACK until I had the right site picture. Pulse gone. Ya'll fixed my pulse and Jacob fixed my hop. I'm in high cotton.

Thanks,
Trilogymac

This thread may be just what I was looking for. I can usually handle the breathing and the up and down crosshair movement, but just lately I have been getting this side to side wiggle while the crosshairs are moving up and down. This is sitting at the bench. (But, it could just be something simple, like <span style="font-style: italic">bad form!</span>)

I'll have to try and narrow it down next time at the range.

Remember when you was a kid & you could just kinda' point your rifle in the general direction of the desired target & take it out just like that?
Well, I find that those days are over. This shooting stuff is real work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i find if you have active bowel movements.....all things are good and crosshairs are steady....

</div></div>

This is very true. Bowel movements stimulate the vagus nerve which acts to lower heart rate. Even if you don't have to go...you can simply get in the squatting position and push as if you were trying to pass a large amount of poo. It will work but I would use it as the last resort, not because you may crap out your intestines but because it may be funny to the point that you can't shoot well because of it.

Just ran across this post. I used to have a bad pulse problem when shooting; it was most noticable when shooting from the sitting, but was bad no matter what position I was in. It was frustrating as hell for years.

Found out later on I had some cardio problems and really high blood pressure. Really high, as in doctor warned me that I wouldn't make it to 40 unless major changes happened. I changed my diet and took the damn beta blockers for a time, but it worked, and now I have normal blood pressure for the last several years. No more pulse problems with shooting either.

Beware of the beta blockers though. The best way to make your soldier stop saluting is to take those things.