• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Cars, Show Them Rides.

2006 Mustang GT
Bought in 2010 with 3000 miles on it, only has about 10k miles on it now.
I've added about every possible bolt on I can to it (LT Headers, Short throw shifter, tuned, Cold air intake, etc...)
I still dream about a new GT350 or Vette Z06 but at this point in my life, the Mustang will have to do.
Mustang.JPG

A friend of mine is a Chevy guy through and through. One day his family is waiting for him at some local chain eatery. He has several cars with big cubic engines and good sounding exhaust so someone hears a loud car in the parking lot and says that he is there. His 6 year old daughter looks out the window and exclaimed " Nope, just some dickhead in a mustang".

First mistress - 2002 Dodge 2500, 5.9 Cummins with twin turbos and the other laundry list of additions. 727whp/1440tq
D7E18EBA-D6A6-467C-AA6B-B3DA001F94E5.jpeg
FA8D433D-F7EF-4CF0-8DB3-C52968936502.jpeg

Second Mistress -1996 Nissan 240sx, SR20 swap ground up build, made 500whp at 27psi
208BD61C-3672-4173-A54B-7802128CAFEE.jpeg
7645C53D-FA05-4C63-801A-3628348BC32D.jpeg
37B18355-43E5-48C5-95ED-5E979EFD37DB.jpeg
8982DD22-E816-48FE-A2F0-9117B6490BCE.jpeg

Current Mistress - 1988 Chevy S10, built this up from stock myself. It had a 377sbc that made 550hp at 7100rpm on an engine dyno. Sadly cracked the block before I could have too much fun with it. Last picture is how it sits in current form.
AD97327E-DE90-43EE-B90C-7F3BD3DDB4FD.jpeg
879977AD-D5EB-4A59-ACC5-AD3795BA943A.jpeg
BCCC6F7A-0199-4C43-9CCD-2A4D99DF3AAE.jpeg

1999 Ford F-250 7.3 powerstroke
Frame off rebuild/restore
built trans and motor

Attachments

• 088DFEFB-1967-499F-88A1-74933B53A416.jpeg
    088DFEFB-1967-499F-88A1-74933B53A416.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 85
  • E36BFFF6-2B63-448E-B253-0E47DBDF2510.jpeg
    E36BFFF6-2B63-448E-B253-0E47DBDF2510.jpeg
    626.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: lawofsavage
Current ride. 2017 WRX Premium. I used to change every 2 - 3 years when I got bored of a car. Promised my wife I'd keep this one for a long time. So far, so good! ;)

All the available bolt-ons (except header) and custom tune. Last mod was the Grimmspeed top mount intercooler. With that and the re-tweaked tune, I'm sitting at 313whp/339wtq on the virtual dyno. Translates out to around 370 crank hp/390 crank torque. Have not run it at the strip, but comparable cars to mine are fairly deep in the 12's. Stock block, and 93 pump gas. If I had E60/E85 around, I'd probably be running that, and would be in the 400whp range. Not bad for a little 2.0L 4-banger! :p

(And yeah, I'm one of the cool kids at work that gets a reserved parking space!)

WRX.jpg

2019-04-29_3rd-gear-313hp-339tq.jpg

Reactions: Ledzep
I’m more of an American V8 muscle guy, but those little Subarus have my respect. Stout little cars. Total sleepers if you don’t know about them. I’m sure a lot of us muscle heads have had their feelings hurt by them.

Reactions: IronmanDaremo
My first car was a '66 289 Mustang (even though I never got it road legal - I was 16 and didn't know what the hell I was doing when I bought it), so I still have a soft spot for muscle cars. But I've had a ton of fun buying and modding import cars over the years, and they are where my heart lies!

Reactions: 502Chevelle
My other toy I used to have. '11 Ducati 848 Evo.

But wife wasn't a big fan and "encouraged" me to sell it, which was the right thing to do even if I resisted for a bit. Miss having two wheeled fun though!!

Duc 2.jpg
Duc 1.jpg

Current ride. 2017 WRX Premium. I used to change every 2 - 3 years when I got bored of a car. Promised my wife I'd keep this one for a long time. So far, so good! ;)

All the available bolt-ons (except header) and custom tune. Last mod was the Grimmspeed top mount intercooler. With that and the re-tweaked tune, I'm sitting at 313whp/339wtq on the virtual dyno. Translates out to around 370 crank hp/390 crank torque. Have not run it at the strip, but comparable cars to mine are fairly deep in the 12's. Stock block, and 93 pump gas. If I had E60/E85 around, I'd probably be running that, and would be in the 400whp range. Not bad for a little 2.0L 4-banger! :p

(And yeah, I'm one of the cool kids at work that gets a reserved parking space!)

Just grabbed a 2020 base model last month. I was looking at trucks for a daily and finally got disgusted with prices... new and used. My friend let me drive his '05 STI and really turned these onto my radar. Works for 99% of my daily driving, handles snow and gravel like a champ... So now the search is on for a cheap beater truck for hauling crap.

I'm going to give it a year, 15k miles give or take and make sure there's no hidden horrendous factory defects and will probably go a similar route. Cobb, exhaust, intercooler, and boost control solenoid. Looking like Grimmspeed is the way to go.
WRX.jpg

View attachment 7243742

View attachment 7243744

almost as much as my crx😛 what s a virtual Dyno

I got a great deal on a leftover 2019 GT350 myself. I flew east and picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I made the road trip home thru Montana. Apparently, the corona virus did not effect guys with vettes or Hellcats since I saw at least a dozen of them between North Dakota and Billings heading east. Mine is Shadow Black. I sold my previous Fox body Mustang last year and had been pondering the GT350 forever. I finally decided to pull the trigger when I found a nice deal. I installed rock guards on the front today and have oil separators on the way for next week. I've been smiling every time I go to the shop to admire my car.

1588650791076.png

Last edited:
Sold the Camaro to a friend...got a great deal on this leftover 2019 Shelby GT350 today and picked up deal on this 2020 Taco - good fit between my Rebel and the SXS.

I'm not sure how Shelby knowledgeable you are but are but do the break-in like it was religion. I kept it under 4K rpm with an occasional bump to 6K rpm for the first 1000 miles. It was easy since my break-in was the drive home. I ran different gears and speeds to get exercise on the engine, vary rpm and work load. When I got it home, I scheduled an oil change and examined my filter. Zero issues and it uses zero oil thus far. The owners supplement says something about a 100 mile break-in that people seem to think means go racing with the engine cold.

People who have engine failures all have the same story. It starts with," I drove it a hundred miles to break it in and then started flogging the crap out of it". There is a 6th gen website with a decent GT350 forum. 2019's all have the "R" motor and all of the mods learned from the GT500 program, they are supposed to be better all around and tiny bit closer to the "R" level of performance than 2016-18 cars. I'm sad to hear Ford is discontinuing the GT350 after 2020.

It looks like this crowd is paying its fair share of "gas guzzler tax". hahahaha.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Shelby knowledgeable you are but are but do the break-in like it was religion. I kept it under 4K rpm with an occasional bump to 6K rpm for the first 1000 miles. It was easy since my break-in was the drive home. I ran different gears and speeds to get exercise on the engine, vary rpm and work load. When I got it home, I scheduled an oil change and examined my filter. Zero issues and it uses zero oil thus far. The owners supplement says something about a 100 mile break-in that people seem to think means go racing with the engine cold.

People who have engine failures all have the same story. It starts with," I drove it a hundred miles to break it in and then started flogging the crap out of it". There is a 6th gen website with a decent GT350 forum. 2019's all have the "R" motor and all of the mods learned from the GT500 program, they are supposed to be better all around and tiny bit closer to the "R" level of performance than 2016-18 cars. I'm sad to hear Ford is discontinuing the GT350 after 2020.

It looks like this crowd is paying its far share of "gas guzzler tax". hahahaha.

yes, the break in is crucial. But keep in mind the 5.2 is known to drink oil. It’s been acknowledged by ford as totally normal. Mine drinks about 1/2 quart every 3k miles.

as for the “R” motor, they have always been the same engine and tune. The difference lies in “track pack” Vs “tech pack” which was an option on the 350 in 15/16. The track pack added transmission oil coolers and rear dif oil coolers. So many people were cheaping out and pushing the cars hard on the track, once you exceed the transmission oil temp the computers put it in limp mode and you can’t go over 4Kish rpm So they made the extra coolers standard on the 17 and up.

Reactions: canman
yes, the break in is crucial. But keep in mind the 5.2 is known to drink oil. It’s been acknowledged by ford as totally normal. Mine drinks about 1/2 quart every 3k miles.

as for the “R” motor, they have always been the same engine and tune. The difference lies in “track pack” Vs “tech pack” which was an option on the 350 in 15/16. The track pack added transmission oil coolers and rear dif oil coolers. So many people were cheaping out and pushing the cars hard on the track, once you exceed the transmission oil temp the computers put it in limp mode and you can’t go over 4Kish rpm So they made the extra coolers standard on the 17 and up.

I'm never really worried about a little oil use in an engine like this, a 1/2 quart every 3K miles sounds perfectly healthy. I did read this article and I linked it for you. They did go to the Romeo line and get this information.

" A little something we learned during this process is that the R-model Voodoo engines receive unique lash adjusters, VCT mechanisms and cam covers, and these engines carry code 151."

Reactions: canman
There's definitely some smokin' deals on new cars right now. Price and financing. If you've been lookin', it's time to buy.

I got a great deal on a leftover 2019 GT350 myself. I flew east and picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I made the road trip home thru Montana. Apparently, the corona virus did not effect guys with vettes or Hellcats since I saw at least a dozen of them between North Dakota and Billings heading east. Mine is Shadow Black. I sold my previous Fox body Mustang last year and had been pondering the GT350 forever. I finally decided to pull the trigger when I found a nice deal. I installed rock guards on the front today and have oil separators on the way for next week. I've been smiling every time I go to the shop to admire my car.

View attachment 7317168
What is oil sperators?

What is oil sperators?

The idea of an oil and air separator is to extract the oil from the air before it's sent back to the intake manifold and put it someplace where it won't cause a problem, either back in the crankcase or in a small receptacle called a catch can. I run a breather on my race engine instead of an oil separator. First image is a catch can, second is a breather. Both collect oil and must be emptied.

5355-2.jpg
WR-PCVCANKIT-SEALED-2.jpg

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
The new project. Motor parts on order to rebuild View attachment 7317421

Now that's what I'm talking about. Had a 73 Super Beetle about 20 years back. Blew the engine...like hole through the block with the busted end a rod sticking out.

I bought a front-end wrecked donor car for the motor. Swapped it in the driveway of my base housing with a $20 Autozone jack and a skateboard to roll the new motor around on. First time I tried to start it up after the swap I had the distributor 180 out of time so when my wife cranked it over it backfired through the carb and launched a fireball in my face. I narrowly escaped with eyebrows....

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Lining up before the parade in the "Gentleman's hot rod." (my 2003 Mercury Marauder)
As a VFW Commander, I have to represent.

KaIoi0H.jpg

Side shot...

wBiEq7z.jpg

Nice looking Marauder. I love a lot of those late-80s to early-2000's cars. One of my favorites was the early 90s Thunderbird Super Coupe. Not fast by today's standards but still cool.

What Shooter said pretty much covers it. There is a right and left side for this car. You really do not need them on a car that never leaves the garage.

Depends on the car. the S197 only needs it on the passenger side and on the 4.6 it goes on the driver side. When sites like American Muscle tell you that you need both they're just trying to make more money. If you're going to track the shit out of your car you should use a breather. I believe the GT350 needs one on the passenger side only.

Fremont Cody.

I have been using all gears and have been pretty gentile, usually running 2500-4500 rpm during first 100 miles. After gave it a few 2/3 throttle whacks to 6500 or so but will keep it very reasonable first couple thou.

Reactions: titandriver