• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SH Motorcycle Thread

What good is a GS with dual sport tires if you don't do dual sport things? Had to get a couple good pics of that amazing Arizona sunset by the lake 🥰

View attachment 8249688View attachment 8249689

Of course had a couple tank slappers and when down at like 5mph 😂😂😂

My left ankle is not liking me right now LOL fk.

Gotta lean that bike to wear off them chicken 🐔 strips 🙃
View attachment 8249690
Those Mitas tires were on my short list for a little while for my GS until I noticed the new Dunlop Trailmax Raids.

1697941560078.png

Last edited:
Those Mitas tires were on my short list for a little while for my GS until I noticed the new Dunlop Trailmax Raids.

View attachment 8254436
Yeah these Mitas tires feel really good on the road and do very well off road.

I got the Dakar version so they have the stiffer side walls. They weren't cheap but they are my first more-off-road oriented tires. I like them so far after like 350 miles ridden. It's cooling down in my area of AZ so I'm looking forward to getting A LOT more miles on them the next 6-7 months.

Reactions: gigamortis
Second day tinkering to put fishtails on a '98 Honda Shadow 1100 Ace Tourer.
They're on. They'll have to come off again though.
Need to paint the brackets, and I want a set of wrapped baffles for them.
Once that's done, the bags can go back on.
Still up in the air if I leave them as is for the "Cholo" vibe, or trim them back to just behind the bags.
Kinda like the long tailed look.

IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG

Still up in the air if I leave them as is for the "Cholo" vibe, or trim them back to just behind the bags.

View attachment 8254452View attachment 8254453
Leave them long!!!

@earthtrekker1775 @Sniperwannabee pics from our N-S ORBDR from beginning of the month. We got drenched so the first few days our phones didn't come out as much as they should have.

I rode my beta 390 and buddy is on a ktm 690. I was a little undergunned on the road sections but on dirt the beta was money. We easily knocked out the route in 5 days even with the wet. Fortunately things dried up once we got into the desert but we heard a few groups had really rough times in the days before we rolled through and you could definitely see spots where the silt turned to mud in section 1 and 2

1698505100233.png
1698505112820.png
1698505118356.png
1698505127063.png

1698505137801.png

Attachments

• 1698505151193.png
    1698505151193.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 32
Current ride is this '98 CBR900RR, last of the carburetor models.View attachment 8259033
And some from back when I was collecting bikes
View attachment 8259034
View attachment 8259036
View attachment 8259046
View attachment 8259048
View attachment 8259050
I had a 99 CBR900RR. Last big bike I owned. Likely would have killed myself on it. I couldn't go slow.

And I wanted an RZ350 in the worst way in HS. Never had the chance to get one and now they're worth their weight in gold. Maybe someday.

Reactions: lockedandloaded
@earthtrekker1775 @Sniperwannabee pics from our N-S ORBDR from beginning of the month. We got drenched so the first few days our phones didn't come out as much as they should have.

I rode my beta 390 and buddy is on a ktm 690. I was a little undergunned on the road sections but on dirt the beta was money. We easily knocked out the route in 5 days even with the wet. Fortunately things dried up once we got into the desert but we heard a few groups had really rough times in the days before we rolled through and you could definitely see spots where the silt turned to mud in section 1 and 2

View attachment 8259067View attachment 8259068View attachment 8259069View attachment 8259070
View attachment 8259071
Sounded like we had the same experience, it rained every day except in the desert and I wished I had a lighter bike the whole time haha. But the KLR actually performed flawlessly, I always say it shines below 40 mph haha we were shadowing these two guys with a CRF 450 and a similar husky and those guys traveled real light and were just smoking the trails

Reactions: shreddykruger
For all us adventure bike folks out there, it looks like Mitas updated the E07+ tire. The carcass has been redesigned to be more flexible/compliant, a rounder profile, yet retains the same tread pattern as the outgoing E07+. Wet tarmac traction is said to be improved, but no mention of the specifics of the rubber compound change. Silica is typically added to tire rubber to enhance wet traction.

Reactions: SamsonSimpson

I rode my beta 390 and buddy is on a ktm 690. I was a little undergunned on the road sections but on dirt the beta was money. We easily knocked out the route in 5 days even with the wet. Fortunately things dried up once we got into the desert but we heard a few groups had really rough times in the days before we rolled through and you could definitely see spots where the silt turned to mud in section 1 and 2.

Great photos! I ended up not finishing the route this year as of the three of us riding together one had to get back to work a few days early and my other buddy was having a lot of front fork issues. We skipped the Sunriver section to ride to Redmond where he was able to get his forks sorted out and the following day we were slabbing back to pick up where we left off and he had a bad low side in a curve. Ruined his helmet and gear but it kept him safe. He called it after that. I decided to finish it another time instead of riding the rest alone. The southern half of the trip was fun though! Hot and dry!

IMG_6508.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg
IMG_6517.jpeg
IMG_6521.jpeg
IMG_6541.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg

Rad pics! I remember these sections but we were heading south.

And damn, yeah things happen out there. I'm frankly really happy and said we were blessed to not have any safety issues or problems on our trip. Hopefully you can get after it again soon and finish up. It's a really fun route and my buddy that I rode it with said it was harder but better than Washington.

I'll never knock the KLR, it can do big highway and long maintenance.

These euro dirtbikes are not good at that and will never be, by design. They're for shredding but shorter intervals. On the beta I'm at 30h for changes back and front.

I'm excited about being back in the wind again.
I'm not thrilled about the effort required to put the fishtails on my Shadow.
So much more aftermarket support for the customization of HD bikes...
Well, I've always wanted one anyway, so I went and picked up this beauty yesterday evening.

1996 Heritige Softtail - Copy.jpg

Doesn't really ride any better that the Honda, but it looks and sounds better... (WAY better) and it's American.
Got me thinking... Our next raffle at the VFW is gonna be for a HD bike.
That will draw way more attention than a typical gun raffle anyway.

Out exploring the Ozarks with my buddy in some perfect fall weather. Unfortunately this month he had a car pull out in front of him last second and ended up pretty banged up... all but two vertebrae broken, ruptured spleen, broken hip, collapsed lung and now has plates on every rib. GOD really loves that dude keeping him alive....
1000001386.jpg

Out exploring the Ozarks with my buddy in some perfect fall weather. Unfortunately this month he had a car pull out in front of him last second and ended up pretty banged up... all but two vertebrae broken, ruptured spleen, broken hip, collapsed lung and now has plates on every rib. GOD really loves that dude keeping him alive....View attachment 8268073

Years ago the wife and I did a ride in very north Arkansas. It was the weekend before deer season and was all on forest service roads, so your bike had to be "street legal". It was just fantastic, The wife did it on an XT225, and I on a DR650 with the stock "deathwings".

It really was a fall color tour. And was a bit of a rough ride, IIRC one guy broke a collarbone and the wife banged up her ankle pretty good. Being the weekend before deer season lots of guys out with 4 wheelers. The wife and the guy got a ride out to this little shop off pavement. I rode my bike out, and went back in with them to ride hers out. Just some bent levers on hers but not a big deal.

Was something I will always remember. Would love to do it again but next time on a MUCH smaller bike. Perhaps her 225 and give her one of those new 150's, or the streetable CRF80 I have.

Reactions: SamsonSimpson
Years ago the wife and I did a ride in very north Arkansas. It was the weekend before deer season and was all on forest service roads, so your bike had to be "street legal". It was just fantastic, The wife did it on an XT225, and I on a DR650 with the stock "deathwings".

It really was a fall color tour. And was a bit of a rough ride, IIRC one guy broke a collarbone and the wife banged up her ankle pretty good. Being the weekend before deer season lots of guys out with 4 wheelers. The wife and the guy got a ride out to this little shop off pavement. I rode my bike out, and went back in with them to ride hers out. Just some bent levers on hers but not a big deal.

Was something I will always remember. Would love to do it again but next time on a MUCH smaller bike. Perhaps her 225 and give her one of those new 150's, or the streetable CRF80 I have.
that's awesome, trips with some adversity always make for better memories! I run around Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas quite a bit, I'm always left having had a really good time.

Totally agree on the lighter bike thing, makes for a much less stressful ride. My tiger weighed 550 with gear and fuel then add my 235lbs. Mud was always sketchy, although the rides to the trails were brilliant thanks to its road manners.

However the Honda comes in at nimble 280 with fuel. Definitely inspires confidence in the tough stuff!

The Commander of VFW Post 1279 (that would be me) will be at Hunter's Moon Harley Davidson in Lafayette, IN on Black Friday.
The dealership will have 20% off HD items.
I'll be there with tickets to our "Some Gave All" giveaway bike. (bike will be on display)
Anyone close, drop by.

Bike Raffle poster.jpg

Reactions: Anb618
View attachment 8219627

i took a bunch of the stuff off it the original owner had on. made and added the fringe. i have to get the cam chain tensioners done, but finding someone trustworthy is proving to be a smidge bit difficult.
I have done a couple of these I prefer gear drive , if your going to attack the repair . But the whine afterwards

View attachment 8316083
Little winter ride in S.Oregon
Liar I don't see any rain or snow.

One of my most favorite rides was from Clackamas after working an night shift. Walked over to the post office to mail a bunch of unneeded gear. Then rode up to Welches. Took a nap until 4am. Then road up to Mt hood and headed south. Crossed over the Cascades (took several tries with snow and a mudslide took out the road, real low on gas) a bit south of a big lake over into the Umpqua watershed and made it to Ashland by real dark. 550 ish miles of mostly forest RDs on a 2008 husaberg 550. June 2010 I think. Pre gps with just the red map. Didn't see many people.

Liar I don't see any rain or snow.

One of my most favorite rides was from Clackamas after working a night shift. Walked over to the post office to mail a bunch of unneeded gear. Then rode up to Welches. Took a nap until 4am. Then road up to Mt hood and headed south. Crossed over the Cascades (took several tries with snow and a mudslide took out the road, real low on gas) a bit south of a big lake over into the Umpqua watershed and made it to Ashland by real dark. 550 ish miles of mostly forest RDs on a 2008 husaberg 550. June 2010 I think. Pre gps with just the red map. Didn't see many people

im on the coast, barely ever snows🙁

Reactions: thejeep
Details on plane?
I can't help you there. I parked my bike at a buddy's hanger and thought it was a cool photo op.

*Edit- The plane in the bike picture was sold.

This was one of the other planes that was kept in his hanger and it unfortunately didn't make it.
Screenshot_2024-01-07-08-26-19-385~3.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 8254452View attachment 8254453
You should love the pipes . I have ridden many years and many miles , I think that is the only handicap motorcycle plate I have ever seen in use .

You should love the pipes . I have ridden many years and many miles , I think that is the only handicap motorcycle plate I have ever seen in use .
Not gonna let a little thing like getting my truck blown out from under me keep me from riding...
I do need to find a better way than bungee cords to affix my cane though.
I won't get to enjoy the fishtails. The Shadow is going to the boy.
I sold more guns and got this...
Then again... maybe it needs fishtails too.

1996 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia FLSTN.jpg

Not gonna let a little thing like getting my truck blown out from under me keep me from riding...

View attachment 8317293
Definitely needs fish tails!

Reactions: Daddyusmaximus
So I've been looking at dual sports and supermotos . The boy came to us and says he wants a dirt bike for Christmas . Wants to get fly time before buying his bike end of the summer .
So I compromised and offered the Honda XR150L to him . After some back and forth and telling him it's your request you decide we agreed .
We will both take the riding course , get the bike and have fun .
I get a retention bonus next year and have my eye on the Ducati Hyper Motard . 698 . 84 hp with optional exhaust . Fugggg Yeyahhhhh .
No liberal twats were harmed in the making of this post .

Edit Had 2 XL 350's and a Triumph Bonneville in my youth . Oh and a Yamaha smoker 2 fitty . Not new to 2 wheels and FREEDOM .
f137feae184278793aaa33886891b2d2.jpg

View attachment 8317293
They really have not changed style much in 70 years . I was lookin for the kicker .

So I've been looking at dual sports and supermotos . The boy came to us and says he wants a dirt bike for Christmas . Wants to get fly time before buying his bike end of the summer .
So I compromised and offered the Honda XR150L to him . After some back and forth and telling him it's your request you decide we agreed .
We will both take the riding course , get the bike and have fun .
I get a retention bonus next year and have my eye on the Ducati Hyper Motard . 698 . 84 hp with optional exhaust . Fugggg Yeyahhhhh .
No liberal twats were harmed in the making of this post .

Edit Had 2 XL 350's and a Triumph Bonneville in my youth . Oh and a Yamaha smoker 2 fitty . Not new to 2 wheels and FREEDOM .
View attachment 8317757

The only thing that has really changed are the other people on the roads.

It would do you well to keep that in mind, and we all know it.

I would also suggest a good camera system for the bike.

Want opinions on a paint change.

I know what I want, (well sort of) and I think I've got this one figured out, but I thought I'd give the ole interwebs a chance to chime in.
My bike is a '96 FLSTN. I do love the old classic 2 tone paint, and that is one of the reasons I got this particular bike... but now I'm having second thoughts.

The Mystique Green and Platinum Silver look good when standing next to it, but here more and more I'm noticing something. From the side... the silver kinda washes it out, blending in a bit too much with the chrome. Not much contrast like plain old black and chrome. To further exasperate the problem, I've been hauling our VFW "Some Gave All" raffle bike around to gun shows selling tickets. The black bike, on a black trailer, behind a black Suburban really looks like a nice set up. Like rich people and their custom boats.

Plans are to have the silver parts done over in black. Something along the lines of my doctored photos. (excuse my poor computer art skills)
I love it, and I'm 90% sure that's what I'm gonna do, just wondering if the crowd is thinking the same or not.
Don't often see a 2 tone bike where one of the colors is black.
To me, it makes the chrome pop much more, and I'd still have that real cool Mystique Green on the top which is pretty dark.

1 1996 FLSTN Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia  two tone Mystique Green and Platinum ...jpg
2 1996 Black FLSTN Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia FLSTN.jpg
Highway 1.JPG
Highway 2.JPG

What say the Hide?