• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sharp Shooter Supply Trigger Question...

j_mcdade

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2008
Placerville, CA
Just the other day I took a rifle out of the safe to do a bedding job on it. When I removed the barreled action from the stock, I noticed shiny wear marks on the top of the bottom metal, then noticed the trigger pin was half-way out of the trigger housing. Looks as if it had been that way for some time. I pushed the pin back in and did the bedding job.

While I was waiting for the epoxy to set, I took the other two Savages out of the safe as they both have SSS triggers as well. Upon removing the actions from the stocks, I found that one of them had the trigger pin sticking half-way out of the housing.

That's two out of three. I pushed them back in and found it odd that I hadn't noticed before as the triggers functioned just fine. I'm not bitching as this was an easy fix, and I like the SSS triggers otherwise. Just wondering if any others who use the SSS "Competition" triggers have had a similar experience?

Good Shooting,

Jim

Re: Sharp Shooter Supply Trigger Question...

Put a piece of Scotch tape over the pins, affixed to the housing.

Chris

Re: Sharp Shooter Supply Trigger Question...

Chris,

Sounds as though you have had a similar experience. I was really looking for a more...elegant mechanical solution, but I guess Scotch Tape would work. Thanks.

Good Shooting,

Jim