• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up Shooting area off of Irwin Road (Barstow CA) ?

paid2shoot2

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2006
S. California
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone tell me of a place that you like to shoot in the area of Irwin Road, north of Barstow CA (West of Calico Ghost Town) ? I believe this is a legal shooting area for center-fire. I would like to shoot in a safe place with a good back stop out to a few hundred yards. 1200-1300 would be nice but not a must have. If you have latitude and longitude that would be great or a pin drop on a map or if you are really high-speed a GPX file. I will probably camp one night so some shelter, maybe a canyon type area would be great. If anyone has a place close to this area that is better than what I mentioned here I would like to hear about that also. I am only going to someplace 100% legal to shoot since I live in California which obviously sucks for gun owners.
-Thank you,

are you talking about hodge rd? Dont do it. Its in my honest opinion. People get shot there because of idiots. AR's not in compliance with the relevant CA law get confiscated on the reg. No areas that I know of to do any type of extended range shooting. If you are referring to somewhere else then I retract my opinion.

however hodge rd is a legal shooting area under blm.

Hodge is aids.

However the majority of the land out there is BLM and pretty much at your disposal. We shoot within a 15 or so mile radius of hodge out to a mile if needed. Just all about creativity and safety.