• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Hey guys, Great shooting with all of you. Thanks DirtDart for the use of the targets. Next time we need to place all of them out of range from the AR penetrators. They worked great and a definate challenge. Especialy as we changed the target range on every cold scession.
The garage still needs a third coat of paint and some trim work as well. I painted from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Sunday and untill dark on Saturday. Hey REN, the wife wasn't real happy that YOU made me stay so late at the range. I told her you would make up for it by finishing the paint on the garage.

Great Time, This week I have company maybe next week.

DirtDart thanks for the ammo and the targets. Ren thanks for the ride. Ren , DirtDart & Queequeg, Good Times, Great shooting.

Yeps... all my fault, tell her "Dont hate the player hate the game"
smile.gif
I almost felt bad... but only for a second, for keeping you out so late.

To make it more believable... next time well get QQ to slap you around a bit and give you a black eye... then you can say we held you against your will...made you stay and shoot till all your ammo was gone.
smile.gif

I love the "filled with the spirit of Memorial day steel target smashing" QQ... thats classic.

It was a good time. I have not had that much fun at the range since i got to shoot 40 round out of a MK-19 and detanate a claymore mine.
Got new hard ware for the all the steel and straighting out the bent leg from the none target hitting .50cal shooter HaHa. He may need to take some of the hides online tranning coures.
I talked to the target maker this morning and if you draw it up he can make anything you want. PM sent with my full name and the phone number

Thanks for the info. It will be a few weeks before I can go again. The 12th is a total wing-it as I won't know untill the last second if I have to go to west palm beach. The 19th sounds good????

I have plans this weekend as well as the 19th. I will probably be good to go on either the 26 or 27!

If i can get the yard mowed tonight i will be there at 8:30 on Sat 6/12

Sorry guys but I am busy on Saturday. Company coming next week as well. Dam just got rid of the last visitors. The 26th looks good for me as well.
Have fun..

Got the steel back together with a few mods. The 26 sounds good to me. I will be there early to get the steel set up and put out at various ranges hopefully Gunny will not make a big deal about them

IMG00102-20100612-1732.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtDart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the steel back together with a few mods. The 26 sounds good to me. I will be there early to get the steel set up and put out at various ranges hopefully Gunny will not make a big deal about them

IMG00102-20100612-1732.jpg
</div></div>

Do you see them trying to sneak up on us? Like they don't have anything to worry about...!

Not this weekend James. Looking forward to a shower of affection and good dining with my devoted children!

laugh.gif

Maybe they'll buy me a rifle!

I'll be there for sure on Saturday as well. TDR, do you have a demo 911 unit for the sigma pistols you could bring? Been toying with the idea of picking one up from you, but wanted to see fit and function.

The Auto-Laser automatic version or the TDR 911 version with manual switch.??
Let me know as I am down to my last 2 laser bodies and have to make a new production run.

The TDR 911 version is what I am interested in. I prefer the manual switch. The auto laser is nifty, but not really my cup of tea since it would require me to change carry holsters.

Hey jr81452,Guess you should have PM me on that one.

Jeff are you going to make it there on Saturday.??

He better, or I'll have to call him and make fun of his dream "girl" (and I use that term very loosely) some more.

YEEESSSSSS.
Counting the Hours!!!
Steel is loaded.
Gear is packed.
Any of you guys like to eat fish.(Grouper, Red Snapper, Tuna)
I have a pile of it and could you guys help me get rid of it!!
Don't want to put in the freezer. It's better fresh.
Let me Know. I will bring a cooler...

I'll take as much as you want to unload. Sounds like a great excuse to get some friends over and grill.

Gentlemen,

I will be there and be happy to relieve the DirtDart of any unwanted Pescado!

Furthermore, I look forward to avenging the unkind gossip circulating among those steel targets. I don't want to tell you what I heard them saying but let it suffice that they were less than kind words about non-Hillsborough county people.

What time will the festivities begin?

i will be there @0830.Rounds down range at 0900.May be at the pistol range getting in a little pratice.
Bring a small cooler QQ,JR81452,if you can or any one eles that wants some Fish.

had lots of fun shooting the steel guys,next time i plan on getting there early

and thanks for the fish dirtdart

DirtDart,

I grilled all three packages of the various fishes you gave me.

Mrs. Q, our girls, and I, had a great meal tonight! It amply fed 4 people, one of whom is a lahhhge bastid!
smile.gif
(A little New Hampshire lingo).

Tuna, Red Snapper and Grouper arranged around the plate in ample quantity complimented by a garlic, sage and butter sauce, prepared by my youngest daughter. Mrs. Q worked up some black beans and rice and a fresh salad to round out the meal. Excellent!

Reciprocating for your generosity becomes challenging! Especially since my amazing marksmanship knocked the shit out of one of your steel targets!
laugh.gif

Now that you have had a little time to reflect upon it, were the loads I worked up worth a damn in your rifle?

Let me know if I can repay the favor.

Thanks again Josh.

Good seeing all you guys today. Looking forward to next time.

Guys,

It was great seeing you and one hell of a good time. I have marked the first Saturday in August for a repeat gathering, let me know how that works out for you.

DirtDart,

My extended family (10 people) sends their thanks for your generous gift (providing the perfect excuse to have a Sunday gathering.)

I baked the Snapper in a lemon-Parmesan crust, grilled the grouper with a tropical citrus honey glaze, and seared the tuna after marinating overnight in a homemade Italian dressing. My wife fixed up some broccoli-cheddar rice, new potato pancakes, and a salad to round out the meal. Not one word was uttered while they ate, they were too busy devouring the food. Once stuffed, they would not shut up about it and there was a small squabble over leftovers. A perfect Sunday.

Do you reload? What calibers do you shoot? I'll set something aside to repay you at our next meeting.

Damn...no fishes for me.
frown.gif
Thats what happens when you take off early. I guess I should have stuck around. Ill probably be able to make it up there again next weekend the 10th if anybody is interested.

JR did you call the first weekend in August? that would be August 7th if everybody wants to try and co-ordinate?

Laters,
Ren

July 10th sounds good. I can't make August 7th as I have plans already.
Dam missed out on the fish too.

Not sure I can make the 10th at this point as I am currently buried with projects and not sure I won't have to work that day as well. Not that I am ungrateful for it!

If I can catch up I'd love to come down and call your misses!

laugh.gif

You know TDR, for a semi retired guy, you sure seem busy.
whistle.gif

Ren, we had talked about early august when we all left. I can't make the 14th without incurring the wrath of my wife (the way only golfing or going to the range for your 6th anniversary could). Plus I figured if we had 5 weeks notice James could get the morning off.

The Desoto Fishing Tournny is this weekend so i am out.
QQ, Jamesz,JR8 you are more than welcome for the fish. TDR, and Ren i will make sure you get some next range trip.
JR8 you do not own me anything but, thanks for the offer.
I give because i want to. I never look for any thing in return.
It is good to meet people with the same joy for shooting.
JT

I can't make the 10th gentlemen. I have doors to cut and then install once the homo tile guys get the f___ out of the way...

Tampa City Center needs to have the 21st floor restrooms available by Monday

You think they'll mind if I cut a full door light into the ladies room door? Some pretty good looking females on that floor!

Any of you gonna be out there on 07/31? There is a group of us from Orlando driving down for the day.

Will you guys be bringing fresh fish?
laugh.gif

I might be able to get there.

There may be a match that morning that could complicate your early morning goals. They are usually over by noon.

Will that large rodent from Kissimee be accompanying you? Mickey...something..I forget the last name...

No fish and if the fucking mouse follows me, I'll shoot it.

I think some of my crew are still planning on going down there on Sunday 08/01. Don't think I can do both days even if it means seeing Mickey get waxed!

How long a drive is this for you folks? I'm an hour north in Tampa. Not a bad drive all things considered. Orlando to Myakka city interests me! I'm guessing 2 -2.5 hours each way?

DirtDart, JR, TDR, Ren, James, Joey, Jonathan, etc., The 1st weekend in August is the last weekend in July! Aint no matches held on Sundays!

Comments please?