• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Shooting with Hide members

Target In Sight

Where my shots go?!?!?!
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Cali
Hi all,

Just want to share with you all about the range trip we had this past friday. Hide member "McCrazy" was very nice responding to my 1st post, and invited me to go shoot with them. I finally made it this time at the Angeles range in S.Cal. The place has paper targets out to 200 yards, and steel plate targets out to 600 yards. When I got there (I was late), the guys already set up and started. They are so easy to spot just by the professional set ups. Another Hide member "Supersubes", was also there, along with 2 of McCrazy's friends. (I'm going to use their Hide names only since I have not asked their premission to use their real names)

Both McCrazy and Supersubes are super nice folks, very experienced with shooting, and like most other Hide members here, do not look down on the new comers(me). Both of them even offer me to try shooting their super nice custom rifles. I know not to even touch other's firearms without permission, and never, ever, thought they would make such offer. The only down side to this is that I now got a taste of what high-end rifle/equipment feels like, that seed is now planted and growing.

I had very low confident in my shooting skill as I just started in LR shooting. First shot McCrazy asked me to do was shooting his 7mm WSM GAP out to a 600yard target. First shot made, saw the trace got on the target, but was not sure, and McCrazy yelled: "Hit". I couldn't even believe it. Later, Supersubes let me shoot his RDPrecision .223 to 600 yard too. The first 2 shots were low, so he adjusted the elevation for me, and then followed by 3 hits. I have more confident with myself now when I pull that trigger. This is the best feeling ever!!

I want to thank both McCrazy and Supersubes very much for such a wonderful trip, and would definately want to shoot with you guys again. Best wishes to McCrazy's new programs, and be safe out there Supersubes. Great, stand up guys that serves our country and community.

Best wishes to you,

Most kindly regards,

Dyl..

Re: Shooting with Hide members

Watch that McCrazy guy... You'll turn around and all your beer is drank and your dog is knocked up.
laugh.gif

Ahhh, he's a helluva guy. Glad you had fun. Often times, who you shot with is more fun and memorable than how well you shot.

That's not true Shaggy. I'm a "Mc" so sheep are more my style
laugh.gif

TOS- it was good shooting with you and I'm glad to see you had such a good time. We will have to do another range day next time I am in SoCal.

DSC01481.jpg

Here is TIS, Supersubes, and I at the range the other day. Can see some of my GAP/Surgeon/USO 7WSM in the bottom right corner.

Just to add some more pictures:
McCrazy's rifle, and him writing on the log book
CIMG1785.jpg

CIMG1792.jpg

Supersubs two rifles
CIMG1791.jpg

CIMG1784.jpg

Supersubs & McCrazy go Prone
CIMG1783.jpg

Last one, the two beauties side by side
CIMG1788.jpg