• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

short(er) barrel, long(er) handguard, complete! my 14.5" bbl, 15" alpharail

rukwikenuf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
ok, i originally had a 14.5 ordered from Spikes, but when it came in i didn't have the cash on me, and i had Atomic Tactical sell it to another long-time customer. no jealousy, no issues, and i don't regret it. here's the original thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...y-experience-short-er-bbl-long-handguard.html

anyhow, my rifle as it sits right now is:
Noveske upper
Palmetto lower
Troy Battlerail Alpha 15" no sight
PWS one-piece buffer tube
Magpul MOE stock, trigger guard and MOE+ grip
Daniel Defense 14.5 MID LENGTH barrel with government contour (wanted a heavier one, this'll do)
Troy Claymore brake (front toward enemy)
PRI fixed front sight
Matech folding rear sight
CMMG Lower Parts Kit, trigger reworked by a friend

i wanted to function test it after i completed it on Friday night, but i didn't get around to it until yesterday. everything cycled fine, but the problem i'm having now is that i think the trigger is too light! if i remember right, the pull averaged out to 2lb 9oz. Nate, my friend and gunsmith, just took some spring out of the springs by bending it backwards a tad, then lightened the hammer by removing the spur, and finally polished the hell out of it. it's an awesome trigger, for FEEL, but i had 9 light strikes in one 30rd PMag.

i WILL be getting an optic of this rifle, either gonna be the Vortex PST 1-4x24 or the Razor HD Gen2 1-6x24. i'll probably go with the PST, cuz i'm a broke, underemployed college student.

i'm also thinking the sights need to get swapped out for the MBUS FDE ones i've got on my pistol

over 200 views, and nobody has a comment? come on, i can take it!

btw, a new hammer spring and it's running 100%. i dumped 200 rounds through it last night, and after dialing in the sights, i was getting decent groupings, and not a single light-strike.

thanks man! you could build one without a ton of cash.... i'm into it for probably $1100...
granted, some of the parts are used, and some were traded for

looks pretty good bud.

I was actually going to do the exact same thing, however I have a suppressor mount and it just wouldn't work with a 15" tube. So instead I thought about going with a 14" Fortis Rev, and then again decided... screw it lets just keep this full Noveske build a full Noveske build and have since decided to put a 13.5" NSR on my N4 upper. Will be purchasing soon, can't freakin wait to get it on there.

Ok my question is how do you like the PWS buffer tube? I have two of them, the Enhanced, and the 416 Enhanced. Love them both, took a few adjustments to work out buffer springs ( both enhanced ) and different buffers, from after market companies, to get the ejection timing correct.... How is it working for you?

Ok my question is how do you like the PWS buffer tube? I have two of them, the Enhanced, and the 416 Enhanced. Love them both, took a few adjustments to work out buffer springs ( both enhanced ) and different buffers, from after market companies, to get the ejection timing correct.... How is it working for you?

honestly, i haven't had any issues. i'm sold on the design, and since i like having a QD socket there, i'll probably just buy these from now on. when i got this one the guy at Element Arms sold me on it by piecing the same thing using standard parts and a Troy end plate. the PWS one was $10 more (?) so i thought WHY NOT?!

looks pretty good bud.

I was actually going to do the exact same thing, however I have a suppressor mount and it just wouldn't work with a 15" tube. So instead I thought about going with a 14" Fortis Rev, and then again decided... screw it lets just keep this full Noveske build a full Noveske build and have since decided to put a 13.5" NSR on my N4 upper. Will be purchasing soon, can't freakin wait to get it on there.

there's a 16.7" Noveske NSR now!!! i saw one the other day at Atomic Tactical, it was really cool! however, you're not gonna be able to slip any can into it.
i, however, do not have the option of suppressors in the liberal-land that is Minnesota. we can't have cans, short barrel shotguns, and the only full autos have to be registered curio and relic guns that the state ATF has approved. it's stupid. that, in a nutshell, is why i'm looking into a FFL07 and an SOT.