• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot timer comparison

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
Does anyone know if there is a listing of various shot timers with prices listed for the various models? If someone has already compiled such a list, it would save lots of time finding out who makes various models, then compiling a list. I figure that by now, someone has done a list, and maybe even one that compares features, durability, and cost. Sort of like a consumers report for shot timers..

Re: Shot timer comparison

There are two timers that have any sort of ruggedness in my experience.

PACT and Competition Electronics. There are many other brands, and I have had most if not all of them over the years.

I use PACT club timer for simple time keeping and review and a PACT Mk IV for everything else (chronograph, timed beeps, beep after first shot, cadence beeps, full auto rate of fire, etc)

Michael Voigt

I am trying to set up a practical rifle/precision rifle discipline at a local gun club, and buying timers is one of the things that will need to be done. Hence my quest for information.

Years ago, when I was an agency firearms instructor, we used pact timers, and they worked fine. Since I turned in the timers years ago, I figured that like all electronic gear, there had been many changes over time.

Mr. Voight, thanks for the info..It looks like it will again be the Pact timers.

I always have guys making fun of my Pact mk IV when I show up on the range with it. It is large and clunky but no other timer really has the usable features and full keypad like the Pact. For dry fire and various drills I still think its the best timer out there.

I looked at the specifiaction of the PACT Mk IV; looks good.

Do you have a recommendation on where to purchase one?